Cashback with Hargreaves Lansdown

This is not a deal as such as it won't be of interest to most shoppers, but if you have any of the following

stocks & shares ISA
stocks & shares personal pension
closed stocks & shares defined contribution plan
closed stocks & shares group personal pension plan

You can transfer them to Hargreaves Lansdown and earn up to £500 of cashback.

I transferred £151k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £500 cash back. Sweet.

Thought I would post this for anyone that may invest in stocks & shares ISAs or pensions. HL fees are competitive for ISA and SIPP and customer service is excellent.

26 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.hl.co.uk/investment-services/isa/transfer-an-existing-isa

linky to cashback, which runs out 16.12.2016. same cashback terms for transfers to SIPP.

In the absence of any warning from the OP, if anyone is considering moving any valuable assets in this way it is advisable to get some proper financial advice.

You chose to transfer a six-figure pension plan pot to get £500 cashback without consulting your financial advisor?

mutley1

I transferred £151k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £500 cash … I transferred £151k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £500 cash back. Sweet.

I transferred £24.9k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £20 cash back. No quite so sweet.

Only really worth doing if you're already rich.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You chose to transfer a six-figure pension plan pot to get £500 cashback … You chose to transfer a six-figure pension plan pot to get £500 cashback without consulting your financial advisor?

You think the OP would make any decision without getting advice?

Banned

You were just saying how poor you were whilst growing up in the Pete Burns thread and now gloating about all your finances.

There is a name for people like you mutley.
Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 25th Oct 2016

Original Poster

deeky

I transferred £24.9k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £20 cash … I transferred £24.9k of personal pension plans yesterday and got £20 cash back. No quite so sweet.Only really worth doing if you're already rich.

£20 is better than nothing. You don't need to be rich to have an isa stocks & shares and most people have stocks & shares pension plans but they may not know it.

I would agree that investment in stocks & shares should only be done if you know what you are doing, but if you are prepared to learn what it is all about, it can be very profitable.

mutley1

£20 is better than nothing.

It's not worth moving £25k of assets for.

missleading

Frugal? Ascetic?

It's 2 words I think, but in the same sentence X)

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You chose to transfer a six-figure pension plan pot to get £500 cashback … You chose to transfer a six-figure pension plan pot to get £500 cashback without consulting your financial advisor?

they were already in stocks & shares so no difference except changing the provider. i also invest in the stock market anyway so i don't need a financial advisor. if you need a financial advisor then you shouldn't be investing in the stock market.

Banned

missleading

Frugal? Ascetic?

The word starting with ''As'' was close!

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

You were just saying how poor you were whilst growing up in the Pete … You were just saying how poor you were whilst growing up in the Pete Burns thread and now gloating about all your finances.There is a name for people like you mutley.

sadly £151k of pension money is not a great amount as it would only buy a measly £6,000 pa of pension. it is not unusual for people to have pension pots larger than this. £151k of pension money is not a huge amount at all even though it seems so.

Original Poster

deeky

It's not worth moving £25k of assets for.

so why did you do it? i think any free money is worth it.

mutley1

so why did you do it? i think any free money is worth it.

I didn't. It was just a nice way to demonstrate how poxy the cashback was on investments of up to £25k.

Banned

mutley1

sadly £151k of pension money is not a great amount as it would only buy a … sadly £151k of pension money is not a great amount as it would only buy a measly £6,000 pa of pension. it is not unusual for people to have pension pots larger than this. £151k of pension money is not a huge amount at all even though it seems so.

You seem to be very money orientated. A 151k pension pot is a massive amount for the majority of folks, but you know this anyway. You seem to be trying to make yourself seem humble but are failing miserably.

I think you have some underlying issues mate.

MrScotchBonnet

You were just saying how poor you were whilst growing up in the Pete … You were just saying how poor you were whilst growing up in the Pete Burns thread and now gloating about all your finances.There is a name for people like you mutley.

remember the C.O.C and swear filter!!!!!

Original Poster

deeky

I didn't. It was just a nice way to demonstrate how poxy the cashback … I didn't. It was just a nice way to demonstrate how poxy the cashback was on investments of up to £25k.

it only works for anyone who already has stocks & shares isa or pensions. HL fees are very low in comparison to other high street providers so anyone with these will also save on the annual fees. i did say that the post would not be of interest to everyone but there may HUKD members who have stocks & shares isa.

Most people believe or it have huge pension pots, well over the £100K mark, which they could transfer in as the fees on SIPP at HL are low, lower than personal pension plan providers. When you join a personal plan, whether you take it out yourself or through your employer, you will be investing in stocks & shares to some extent by default so there is nothing new to the risks here if you transfer to HL.

Their management charges are uncompetative.

Typical mutley1 thread.

You have become very irritating in recent months.

Original Poster

dtovey89

Typical mutley1 thread.You have become very irritating in recent months.

so have you and you have always been irritating. if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say them at all. you don't have to read my threads. and you don't have to be so nasty.

if you continue to be nasty to me in my threads, i will ask you to leave and don't start with i don't have to .....

mutley1

so have you and you have always been irritating. if you don't have … so have you and you have always been irritating. if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say them at all. you don't have to read my threads. and you don't have to be so nasty.if you continue to be nasty to me in my threads, i will ask you to leave and don't start with i don't have to .....

X)

Stop implying you are better than others then whilst contradicting yourself on almost every level.

dtovey89

X)Stop implying you are better than others then whilst contradicting … X)Stop implying you are better than others then whilst contradicting yourself on almost every level.

I have also been banned by mutley from commenting in a mutley thread.

RossD89

I have also been banned by mutley from commenting in a mutley thread.:(

Whatever shall we do?

RossD89

I have also been banned by mutley from commenting in a mutley thread.:(

I've banned myself Well, apart from this one obviously X)

dtovey89

:{Whatever shall we do?

I'd love to offer a suggestion, but I can't comment on a mutley thread.

mutley1

they were already in stocks & shares so no difference except changing the … they were already in stocks & shares so no difference except changing the provider. i also invest in the stock market anyway so i don't need a financial advisor. if you need a financial advisor then you shouldn't be investing in the stock market.

Undoubtedly the most stupid comments i will read on hukd today. Guaranteed!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions