Expired

Cast on tv without wifi?

Found 19th Feb
hi guys, I own a small bussiness and I have a unlimited data plan with three and use a note 8. tomorrow I'm buying a tv for for my bussiness and wanted to be able to cast from Netflix,YouTube etc from my phone. I don't have Wi-Fi there and nor do I wona spend money monthly on it, I'm trying to save money and utilize my unlimited data plan with three. can someone give me some guidance on how I can cast without wifi and deffo without lags. someone suggested google chrome cast but that needs Wi-Fi. also the most important thing is, is it possible to cast without it being interrupted by a phone call or alarms or anything. can the casting run independently once connected? would ve brilliant if i coukd stream off netflix and continue to use my phone. Thanks guys
Community Updates
AskElectronics
4 Comments
Buy a chrome cast and you can cast without WiFi using your data plan. I think it’s called guest mode
I was in same situation. No home internet.
Now I use unlimited data plan with Virgin Mobile (Tethering).
Create Mobile Hotspot on phone.
I can cast through Chrome Cast.
Also use other devices on same Mobile Hotspot.
Good luck.
As you have stated in your question you are buying the TV for your business and plan on streaming media from internet sources such as Netflix on site etc

Unless its for your own personal use Netflix should not be used publicly.

"The Netflix service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Netflix membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Netflix service and view Netflix content. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances."

Netflix Terms of Use

Also should you or your staff opt to watch live television via freeview etc you will also be required to purchase a tv licence for the business premises.

Tv Licence for Businesses

Just trying to give you info that may be useful
Original Poster
Terracore20th Feb

As you have stated in your question you are buying the TV for your …As you have stated in your question you are buying the TV for your business and plan on streaming media from internet sources such as Netflix on site etcUnless its for your own personal use Netflix should not be used publicly."The Netflix service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Netflix membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Netflix service and view Netflix content. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances."Netflix Terms of UseAlso should you or your staff opt to watch live television via freeview etc you will also be required to purchase a tv licence for the business premises.Tv Licence for BusinessesJust trying to give you info that may be useful

Cheers dude totally didn't know that. I have Amazon prime too I'll see their terms and conditions too. Thanks guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants