Groups

cast tv to tablet

I know other way round. Can cast device on TV but need to do otherwise. Have unused tablet and would love to cast whatever people watch on tv in living room to the tablet in the kitchen. Is it even possible this way?

Windows 10 tablet

Windows 10 pc

Samsung smart tv

14 Comments

Sling box, Sky Go are just two possibilities.

Original Poster

Should've add that don't want any subscriptions.
    Simple screen mirroring.

Might depend on your sammy tv model, but mine can do it with smartview app installed on windows 10.

Original Poster

TheNoid

Might depend on your sammy tv model, but mine can do it with smartview … Might depend on your sammy tv model, but mine can do it with smartview app installed on windows 10.

And it goes from tv to tablet?

M015T

And it goes from tv to tablet?

It does indeed

Original Poster

TheNoid

It does indeed

Thanks buddy. Gonna check it asap:)

Original Poster

Can see only 'play content on tv' option. Not otherwise

Maybe your model isnt supported

If you get a cheap zgemma sat box or other enigma 2 box you can watch anything on phone or tablet and laptop etc. I have a twin tuner one and can watch the second tuner while first one is used on TV. The TV does not even need to be on just the box so good to watch while in bed too.

submerged

If you get a cheap zgemma sat box or other enigma 2 box you can watch … If you get a cheap zgemma sat box or other enigma 2 box you can watch anything on phone or tablet and laptop etc. I have a twin tuner one and can watch the second tuner while first one is used on TV. The TV does not even need to be on just the box so good to watch while in bed too.

I have a zgemma box, how do you do this?. Thanks

Don't worry worked it out, Never knew I could do this. Thanks

Edited by: "markvirgo" 19th Feb

I've also noticed that Nougat allows you to do this, it now will show you what tvs are showing up and then you can request to view what's on the TV

markvirgo

I have a zgemma box, how do you do this?. ThanksDon't worry worked it … I have a zgemma box, how do you do this?. ThanksDon't worry worked it out, Never knew I could do this. Thanks

​Glad your sorted. On Android I use dream player and just web ip address of box on laptop. Use vlc if it wont play.

Original Poster

Thing is I don't really watch tv. Don't have anything like sky or even simple freeview tv so don't need any of them boxes connected to tv. Using tv for playing and streaming. Was just curious about simple screen casting from tv to other devices but if it's so hard to achieve I'll just leave it as it is

M015T

Should've add that don't want any subscriptions.Simple screen mirroring.

Slingbox does not require a subscription!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64546
      2. Win Swarovski earrings with OK magazine11
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67

See more discussions