Castlevania series coming to Netflix

Found 8th Feb
The first season of a Castlevania animated series will be coming to Netflix this year, the streaming service announced today.

As part of its slate of new premiere date reveals, Netflix also revealed Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 will be arriving this year, though no specific date was revealed.

According to Netflix's official description of the series, Castlevania will focus on the game franchise's Belmont clan, as it follows "the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself."

The four-part series, each with an approximate 30-minute runtime, comes from producers Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert, and Adi Shankar, who has produced The Grey, Dredd, and a series of "bootleg" short films, including the 2015 Power/Rangers short film. Warren Ellis is also on board as writer of the series, while Seibert's Frederator Studios is behind the animation, according to Netflix.

http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/Images/Scans/CV1/castlevania-wall.jpg

[IGN article]

9 Comments

One to look out for

Off topic but can you still get the devil may cry series online still ?

I'll always love Warren Ellis for Transmetropolitan. It's the animation I'd worry about, it needs to got to a solid Japanese anime studio.

I hope its done well, it has the potential to be great.

Sure I use to watch a cartoon version back in the 80's it was either part of the mario cartoon or captain N cartoon.
God I loved captain N cartoon.

geebeegooner

Sure I use to watch a cartoon version back in the 80's it was either part … Sure I use to watch a cartoon version back in the 80's it was either part of the mario cartoon or captain N cartoon.God I loved captain N cartoon.

Used to watch that! Good times and great cartoons back then

How many series have been confirmed?

awwwww yeeeeeeee

david_wavid

How many series have been confirmed?

Two, it would seem: https://www.facebook.com/theadishankarbrand/posts/1875222012711424:0
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769536
    2. Add one, leave one game54415455
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2640
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522879

See more discussions