Cat Chat

Found 18th Jan 2016
I really do not mean to keep de-railing other people's threads with my kitty talk. So I am starting a thread about cats. So, tell me about your cat! Feel free to post pics if you like

Please keep it on topic. I know some of you do not like cats, I am doing this purely to try to keep the cat stuff out of other threads.

Yes, the title is a pun. Do you get it?
Community Updates
MiscCatCat Food
Top comments
Original Poster
CAT RESOURCES

Things and plants that are poisonous to cats: cats.org.uk/has…ats

If you cat is eating other plants, you may want to grow you can some cockfoot grass to chew instead. Seed can be bought online, in garden centres, or got from the Cat's Protection. They really like it, plus it helps with digestion and hairballs. If you find you cat suffers badly from hairballs or throwing up, grass is definitely worth a try.

Places that offer free or subsidised cat neutering:

Blue Cross: hotukdeals.com/dea…112

cats.org.uk/wha…gns
croydoncpcats.org.uk/
readinganddistrictcats.org/new…asp
cats.org.uk/sut…ree
bascats.org.uk/

Etc. This list is not extensive. Please check with your local branch if they can help with neutering. - cats.org.uk/fin…-us

Why should consider neutering? An unneutered female cat can be responsible for over 20,000 descendants in only five years! That's an awful lot of cats to care and find homes for! It also stops male cats wandering, fighting and peeing in the wrong places.

Sounds like you need to do a course in kitty body language

http://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/telltaletail2.png

Obligatory photo of my cat

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1671/24152953062_2d54737962_z.jpg
2015--01-08---Cat---03 - No HDR by Photo Feline, on Flickr
Edited by: "MSK." 6th Dec 2016
http://s24.postimg.org/t8vgdcjed/felixlucy.jpg

Felix & Lucy

http://s28.postimg.org/mzn2nt9ql/mitts.jpg

Mittens
moneysavingkitten

That's strange about the red and the white quilts. I think red is the … That's strange about the red and the white quilts. I think red is the colour that cats cannot see properly, it might be something to do with that. I think they are supposed to see reds as purples?I don't think it's unusual for cats to not like being picked up. I can pick mine up quite easily, but he will wriggle free as fast as he can if he is not in the mood for it. How old is your cat? Some of them become a bit more lap liking as they age, although some don't.It's lovely you took on a rescue cat Do you know much about his background?When you say he is throwing up, what is he throwing up? It is food or hair, or nothing distinguishable? Just wondered, my cat was very pukey for a few years!

Well, my full history of cats isnt a happy one - its very sad to be honest.

I moved into my first home about 2 years ago, and 2 months later i adopted 2x 9 week old kittens - Bobby and Izzy.

Bobby:
http://s29.postimg.org/dck42knhj/IMG_9030.jpg

Izzy
http://s15.postimg.org/969gmrsu3/IMG_0249.jpg

These were gorgeous kittens (brother and sister) who loved playing with each other and running up and down, really loving and affectionate. One evening though (when they were about 6 months old), i let Bobby and Izzy out - but only Izzy returned. I walked all around our housing estate calling him around Midnight (i was out for an hour and a half), but couldnt find him. Izzy was meowing like crazy as well.
The morning after, i went looking for him again. The neighbor heard me calling him, and told me to come with her. Unfortunately he was laying dead in her back garden with blood around his mouth. I was choking back tears as i carried his body back to the house. I took him to the vet to find out what had happened, they said he had been hit by a car.
Izzy was really upset i could tell, she was meowing constantly and wasn't herself at all. So i let a month pass, then went to the RSPCA to adopt Smiley - a rescue cat. He was about 1 year & a half old, apparently he was in a bad state when he had been rescued, no fur on his body and full of fleas. But he had been nursed back to full health and was welcomed into my home and introduced to Izzy. For around a week they diddn't get on, but after that they became best buddies.

Last summer, it was a warm day and i had let both cats out for a bit. But i needed to go out, so i called both cats to come inside. Smiley came in, however Izzy was still out somewhere. I decided to leave her outside. So i got in my car with the windows down, and set off. As i drove, i could hear Izzy's bell ringing. So i stopped thinking she had run into the garden wanting to be let in. I reversed back to the house, but this was a very very big mistake.
Izzy had gone to sleep in my cars engine bay (where it was warm). When i set off, this woke her up. when i stopped, she jumped out, behind my tire... sadly she was pronounced dead when i got to the vets (less than 2 mins since she was knocked down). I was absolutely devastated and heartbroken, and i can feel tears coming on as i write this. So yeah, a not very good history with cats im afraid.

Smiley im happy to report is still here though! I mainly keep him indoors though, very occasionally letting him out (while im in the garden) and he had a tracker fitted to his collar.

I estimate Smiley is around 2.5 years old now, hes certainly gotten a lot friendlier and not quite as timid since we adopted him. He's really well house trained and always uses the litter tray every time and doesn't scratch the furniture.
As for him being sick, its always cat food he's being sick with - its not limited to one brand either. Ive been wondering if its because he's eating too much too fast, like if ive been working late he will be very hungry when i get home and will eat all his food sachet.

Hes lovely though, wouldnt be without him

anyone want to play pawsies with me. so cute

http://i.imgur.com/N3JL5zW.jpg
860 Comments
Original Poster
CAT RESOURCES

Things and plants that are poisonous to cats: cats.org.uk/has…ats

If you cat is eating other plants, you may want to grow you can some cockfoot grass to chew instead. Seed can be bought online, in garden centres, or got from the Cat's Protection. They really like it, plus it helps with digestion and hairballs. If you find you cat suffers badly from hairballs or throwing up, grass is definitely worth a try.

Places that offer free or subsidised cat neutering:

Blue Cross: hotukdeals.com/dea…112

cats.org.uk/wha…gns
croydoncpcats.org.uk/
readinganddistrictcats.org/new…asp
cats.org.uk/sut…ree
bascats.org.uk/

Etc. This list is not extensive. Please check with your local branch if they can help with neutering. - cats.org.uk/fin…-us

Why should consider neutering? An unneutered female cat can be responsible for over 20,000 descendants in only five years! That's an awful lot of cats to care and find homes for! It also stops male cats wandering, fighting and peeing in the wrong places.

Sounds like you need to do a course in kitty body language

http://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/telltaletail2.png

Obligatory photo of my cat

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1671/24152953062_2d54737962_z.jpg
2015--01-08---Cat---03 - No HDR by Photo Feline, on Flickr
Edited by: "MSK." 6th Dec 2016
lol.. good idea.. was weird to see the other thread with posts about cats and ferrets lol

I like cats but big cats so don't mess with me..
Original Poster
118luke

Yes! Mine also rolls onto his back sometimes when hes next to me, but … Yes! Mine also rolls onto his back sometimes when hes next to me, but heres the odd bit - he lets me stroke his belly? He is a very strange cat mine - he has OCD (wont step onto the red duvet but will on a white one), he wont sit on my lap but will lay next to me and he HATES being picked up. Mind he was a rescue cat so that may answer some things... Love him to bits though :3Shame i need to take him to the vet soon as he is frequently being sick (like once a week)

That's strange about the red and the white quilts. I think red is the colour that cats cannot see properly, it might be something to do with that. I think they are supposed to see reds as purples?

I don't think it's unusual for cats to not like being picked up. I can pick mine up quite easily, but he will wriggle free as fast as he can if he is not in the mood for it. How old is your cat? Some of them become a bit more lap liking as they age, although some don't.

It's lovely you took on a rescue cat Do you know much about his background?

When you say he is throwing up, what is he throwing up? It is food or hair, or nothing distinguishable? Just wondered, my cat was very pukey for a few years!
Original Poster
shabbird

lol.. good idea.. was weird to see the other thread with posts about cats … lol.. good idea.. was weird to see the other thread with posts about cats and ferrets lolI like cats but big cats so don't mess with me..

The cat thing was only meant to be a light hearted comment, but I do seem to have a way of starting cat conversations! So I will continue them here from now on

Big cats very welcome
I don't have a cat, but my neighbours cat is quirky
Original Poster
summerof76

I don't have a cat, but my neighbours cat is quirky

Hehehe, what kind of quirky?
moneysavingkitten

Hehehe, what kind of quirky?

He doesn't like to be picked up or touched. Walks with an attitude too X)
Original Poster
summerof76

He doesn't like to be picked up or touched. Walks with an attitude too X)

Would you like it if the neighbours picked you up just because they were bigger than you and they could? I'd walk with an attitude too
Are cat is called Rusty, he is a ginger tom. He walk in are house 2 years ago and has never left.The last owner know,s and is cool about it. He sleeps in are bed and cleaned,s himself all night ( keeps me awake lol). I bought him a chicken coop as he stays out a lot and he loves the up stairs and down stairs of his house. I even put solar light round it so he can see what's outside.
Original Poster
seanj007

Are cat is called Rusty, he is a ginger tom. He walk in are house 2 years … Are cat is called Rusty, he is a ginger tom. He walk in are house 2 years ago and has never left.The last owner know,s and is cool about it. He sleeps in are bed and cleaned,s himself all night ( keeps me awake lol). I bought him a chicken coop as he stays out a lot and he loves the up stairs and down stairs of his house. I even put solar light round it so he can see what's outside.

Rusty is a lovely name for a ginger cat. I always say cat's pick their humans, it certain sounds like he picked you! That's really nice he has his own outdoor house with lights. It sounds like you've spoilt him rotten
LOL yes, he,s has his own fun loving face ,crafty,greedy,pinging stuff off shelfs,hiding in cupboards,box,s. He was laying on the bed looking like the jabber from starwars last night , so funny. Paw across his fat belly.
LOL yes, he,s has his own fun loving face ,crafty,greedy,pinging stuff off shelfs,hiding in cupboards,box,s. He was laying on the bed looking like the jabber from starwars last night , so funny. Paw across his fat belly.
Ohh.. here goes...
Original Poster
seanj007

LOL yes, he,s has his own fun loving face ,crafty,greedy,pinging stuff … LOL yes, he,s has his own fun loving face ,crafty,greedy,pinging stuff off shelfs,hiding in cupboards,box,s. He was laying on the bed looking like the jabber from starwars last night , so funny. Paw across his fat belly.

What is it with cats knocking thing over eh? If I don't wake up fast enough each morning, I get woken up my things being thrown on the floor!

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/79/16/eb751f44ebc5b453a2d452ae302098f4.gif

http://catbearding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/cat-hate-it.gif

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/jerkcatcup.gif

Have you got any pics of Rusty?

Mine has just woken up. He's learnt to tap me on the shoulder or the arm to get my attention, just like a person. So he jumped down from the sofa and just did that. I have about 5 minutes before he realises he's hungry I think
http://s24.postimg.org/t8vgdcjed/felixlucy.jpg

Felix & Lucy

http://s28.postimg.org/mzn2nt9ql/mitts.jpg

Mittens
LoL if your looking into you cats eyes the food is all ready being served up.
Rusty,s goes all Chinese eyes when he wants more.
moneysavingkitten

What is it with cats knocking thing over eh? If I don't wake up fast … What is it with cats knocking thing over eh? If I don't wake up fast enough each morning, I get woken up my things being thrown on the floor!

They're scientists, apparently. They're just exploring gravity.
Original Poster
miikeyblue

They're scientists, apparently. They're just exploring gravity.

That's the best explanation I have ever heard! I've always thought they have bigger things on their mind. They often look like they are contemplating the weight of dark matter, or some equally tricky problem.

[img]http://discovermagazine.com/~/media/Images/Web%20exclusives/2014/Aug/cats/Tiffany-Tilton2.jpg?mh=600[/img]
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Felix & LucyMittens

Beautiful pics Are all three Tuxedos? You've got me wondering if there is such thing as a tabby tuxedo now!
Original Poster
seanj007

LoL if your looking into you cats eyes the food is all ready being served … LoL if your looking into you cats eyes the food is all ready being served up.Rusty,s goes all Chinese eyes when he wants more.

Mine's just taken up his position on my PS4 in front of the telly. It's definitely time for a midnight snack!
moneysavingkitten

Beautiful pics Are all three Tuxedos? You've got me wondering if … Beautiful pics Are all three Tuxedos? You've got me wondering if there is such thing as a tabby tuxedo now!

Yep, never actually heard that term before... though you know my stance on the little gits, I try to know as little as possible
Ok what about the light and shadows. Sits there paws over the walls,jumps and falls behind freezer trying to catch the light lol.
Lucy on th
miikeyblue

Felix & LucyMittens

Lucy on the right, is going to be a crafty one I think.
At least I know where to find you now
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Yep, never actually heard that term before... though you know my stance … Yep, never actually heard that term before... though you know my stance on the little gits, I try to know as little as possible

Hmm it sounds like a tuxedo has to be black. Seems a bit racist to me! Your tabby still looks like a tuxedo to me. Oh well, you learn something every day. Sorry about that Looks like it just comes under bi-colour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicolor_cat

I think I might ask some wiser cat ladies about that
Original Poster
seanj007

Ok what about the light and shadows. Sits there paws over the walls,jumps … Ok what about the light and shadows. Sits there paws over the walls,jumps and falls behind freezer trying to catch the light lol.

Do you have a laser for your cat? Mirrors and sunlight can be great fun too
Original Poster
deeky

At least I know where to find you now

That you do
Yes he gave up on the laser running round the front room,he couldn't get it and made him look stupid, so walks by as if there,s nothing there now.
Original Poster
seanj007

Yes he gave up on the laser running round the front room,he couldn't get … Yes he gave up on the laser running round the front room,he couldn't get it and made him look stupid, so walks by as if there,s nothing there now.

He sounds like a very smart cat
Banned
Hate cats vile little things, there not pets they''re like rats.
moneysavingkitten

He sounds like a very smart cat

Thanks for letting me share my little man Rusty, will put up photos of him & his mansion when I,m on laptop. Night moneysavingkitten.
Sending Rusty to do a poo in one- way garden
seanj007

Thanks for letting me share my little man

one_way has just turned up. Don't be putting ideas in his head.
deeky

LOL great one.

Comment

deeky

Is he going to be good this time X
moneysavingkitten

That's strange about the red and the white quilts. I think red is the … That's strange about the red and the white quilts. I think red is the colour that cats cannot see properly, it might be something to do with that. I think they are supposed to see reds as purples?I don't think it's unusual for cats to not like being picked up. I can pick mine up quite easily, but he will wriggle free as fast as he can if he is not in the mood for it. How old is your cat? Some of them become a bit more lap liking as they age, although some don't.It's lovely you took on a rescue cat Do you know much about his background?When you say he is throwing up, what is he throwing up? It is food or hair, or nothing distinguishable? Just wondered, my cat was very pukey for a few years!

Well, my full history of cats isnt a happy one - its very sad to be honest.

I moved into my first home about 2 years ago, and 2 months later i adopted 2x 9 week old kittens - Bobby and Izzy.

Bobby:
http://s29.postimg.org/dck42knhj/IMG_9030.jpg

Izzy
http://s15.postimg.org/969gmrsu3/IMG_0249.jpg

These were gorgeous kittens (brother and sister) who loved playing with each other and running up and down, really loving and affectionate. One evening though (when they were about 6 months old), i let Bobby and Izzy out - but only Izzy returned. I walked all around our housing estate calling him around Midnight (i was out for an hour and a half), but couldnt find him. Izzy was meowing like crazy as well.
The morning after, i went looking for him again. The neighbor heard me calling him, and told me to come with her. Unfortunately he was laying dead in her back garden with blood around his mouth. I was choking back tears as i carried his body back to the house. I took him to the vet to find out what had happened, they said he had been hit by a car.
Izzy was really upset i could tell, she was meowing constantly and wasn't herself at all. So i let a month pass, then went to the RSPCA to adopt Smiley - a rescue cat. He was about 1 year & a half old, apparently he was in a bad state when he had been rescued, no fur on his body and full of fleas. But he had been nursed back to full health and was welcomed into my home and introduced to Izzy. For around a week they diddn't get on, but after that they became best buddies.

Last summer, it was a warm day and i had let both cats out for a bit. But i needed to go out, so i called both cats to come inside. Smiley came in, however Izzy was still out somewhere. I decided to leave her outside. So i got in my car with the windows down, and set off. As i drove, i could hear Izzy's bell ringing. So i stopped thinking she had run into the garden wanting to be let in. I reversed back to the house, but this was a very very big mistake.
Izzy had gone to sleep in my cars engine bay (where it was warm). When i set off, this woke her up. when i stopped, she jumped out, behind my tire... sadly she was pronounced dead when i got to the vets (less than 2 mins since she was knocked down). I was absolutely devastated and heartbroken, and i can feel tears coming on as i write this. So yeah, a not very good history with cats im afraid.

Smiley im happy to report is still here though! I mainly keep him indoors though, very occasionally letting him out (while im in the garden) and he had a tracker fitted to his collar.

I estimate Smiley is around 2.5 years old now, hes certainly gotten a lot friendlier and not quite as timid since we adopted him. He's really well house trained and always uses the litter tray every time and doesn't scratch the furniture.
As for him being sick, its always cat food he's being sick with - its not limited to one brand either. Ive been wondering if its because he's eating too much too fast, like if ive been working late he will be very hungry when i get home and will eat all his food sachet.

Hes lovely though, wouldnt be without him

https://ceripadley.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/crazycat.gif

the title is a pun. Do you get it?

http://www.cutecatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/nodz.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants