Cat Got Run Over Tonight..... :( - pictures of kittens!

Found 25th May 2011
Lil lad accidently let Tiddles out when the 'workers' were speeding down our lane on their way home tonight. (much used cut through! )
Little boy is 5 and was heart broken, he thinks its his fault because he left the door open, he watched her get flattened!
She has 5, 3 week old kittens waiting for her unlikely return ( already had the vets on the phone asking to put her down!! )
Anybody know of a way to find surrogate mummy for the worst case scenario? ( I don't want to believe she will die.... but these helpless little babies are here... and I can't teach them to be cats! )

148 Comments

Banned

First off phone the vets and give the ok... Is clearly in pain, and the cat comes first.

Are they asking for your permission right now, or if the worst should happen during the night or something?
Im sure the vets would have something in place for this kind of thing re the kittens, asking them is your best bet.

Original Poster

vibeone

First off phone the vets and give the ok... Is clearly in pain, and the … First off phone the vets and give the ok... Is clearly in pain, and the cat comes first.

she isn't at the mo, she is medicated, and I want to go see her before I give the ok..... I will know.
I will be in contact with them first thing, and nothing is broken, it is neurological damage they are talking about. Im going to be here all night to discuss VB1... Im on kitten feeding duty! hmmmm...

OMG such a sad situation, hope the kittens will be ok

Original Poster

Nikki999

Are they asking for your permission right now, or if the worst should … Are they asking for your permission right now, or if the worst should happen during the night or something?Im sure the vets would have something in place for this kind of thing re the kittens, asking them is your best bet.

she may be no more by the morning.... it is un supervised from 11pm 'till 8am... I hope they are wrong!

I intend on asking re the surrogacy thing if needed....

can't wait till the morning.... NOT!

Original Poster

Mallinersha

OMG such a sad situation, hope the kittens will be ok

if I have to raise them myself, they will be ok.... a little sad maybe, but ok!

Banned

If she does die at least she could live through her kittens

Original Poster

riteondeals

If she does die at least she could live through her kittens

Yeah.... but she has been such a good mummy!!
She is V young too!!!
It aint fair if she doesn't get to see it through!!
( yeah, I know life aint fair... probably more than most.... )

You can teach them to eat and drink, i had my cat from two weeks old "had to stay up all night with a droplet feeder to feed him took 4 weeks to sort him and he ok now.He`s 8 years old now,trouble is He won't leave me alone follows me to the shops
Edited by: "timtom13" 25th May 2011

Omg thats so sad, I'm sitting here looking at my wee cat and I'm almost in tears. Wish you all the luck with the wee kittens

Original Poster

timtom13

You can teach them to eat and drink, i had my cat from two weeks old "had … You can teach them to eat and drink, i had my cat from two weeks old "had to stay up all night with a droplet feeder to feed him took 4 weeks to sort him and he ok now

I know.... and I am willing, but I got 1 bottle to see to 5 of em.... must go shopping tomorrow!

they would rather have mummy though... hope the vets are wrong!

Cats protection might be able to help....

cats.org.uk/03000 12 12 12

I've got 3 cats, so I feel for you!

I imagine it will be really hard work for you, if you are willing and have the strength to cope with it all, especially as you have a little boy too. I would suggest you do what you think would be best for the kittens. Such a sad situation :(. Whats your cat's name?
Edited by: "cath1510" 25th May 2011

i53.tinypic.com/s6o…jpg" alt="i53.tinypic.com/s6o…jpg" />
dmh77

I know.... and I am willing, but I got 1 bottle to see to 5 of em.... … I know.... and I am willing, but I got 1 bottle to see to 5 of em.... must go shopping tomorrow!they would rather have mummy though... hope the vets are wrong!

Just buy
droplet feeder
i53.tinypic.com/s6o…jpg
Edited by: "timtom13" 25th May 2011

Original Poster

cath1510

I imagine it will be really hard work for you, if you are willing and … I imagine it will be really hard work for you, if you are willing and have the strength to cope with it all, especially as you have a little boy too. I would suggest you do what you think would be best for the kittens. Such a sad situation :(. Whats your cat's name?

Tiddles got run over... diesel is franticaly looking for her, he knows someting is wrong.
Im just waiting for them to wake for a feed....

Original Poster

timtom13

Just buy droplet feederhttp://i53.tinypic.com/s6ol0h.jpg

will do... going to be a long night tonight though.

I feel for you trust me

Original Poster

timtom13

I feel for you trust me

dont mind staying up to look after them.... just hope she will be ok!

Really sorry about that D. Heartbreaking when things like that happen

Original Poster

darren9030

Really sorry about that D. Heartbreaking when things like that happen

Hiya darren... long time no speak... recent happenings should teach us not to do that! ( not my cats btw! )

Thanks for that, Im all ...... I dunno... pigged off, so as not to offend the swear filter!

timtom13

I feel for you trust me

Me too

What the.... every time i log into here now i end up depressed, if it's not a hukd member dying its a pet!!

I can't handle anymore of this.....

Surely if the cat is in pain, it can have some drugs to ease that, but if there is no hope at all, then no point in prolonging the agony.

Think i need another drink.

Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 25th May 2011

Original Poster

richx45

Cats protection might be able to help....http://www.cats.org.uk/03000 12 … Cats protection might be able to help....http://www.cats.org.uk/03000 12 12 12I've got 3 cats, so I feel for you!

Just saw your link.... thanks, will take a look!

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

What the.... every time i log into here now i end up depressed, if it's … What the.... every time i log into here now i end up depressed, if it's not a hukd member dying its a pet!!I can't handle anymore of this.....

She aint dead yet!!

dmh77

She aint dead yet!!

I never said dead, i said dying..... but still.......

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

What the.... every time i log into here now i end up depressed, if it's … What the.... every time i log into here now i end up depressed, if it's not a hukd member dying its a pet!!I can't handle anymore of this.....Surely if the cat is in pain, it can have some drugs to ease that, but if there is no hope at all, then no point in prolonging the agony. Think i need another drink.

That is why I am going first thing.... I dont want my tiddley cat suffering for no reason.... but if they are wrong???

( I haven't seen her since it happened, I was at work)

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

I never said dead, i said dying..... but still.......

lol... we are cross posting now..... I still choose to hope she isn't dying.... and, whilst she is medicated, I want to go see her, she isnt the most people friendly cat, but she chose me to help her give birth, if she doesnt respond to me, I'll know what to do!

dmh77

lol... we are cross posting now..... I still choose to hope she isn't … lol... we are cross posting now..... I still choose to hope she isn't dying.... and, whilst she is medicated, I want to go see her, she isnt the most people friendly cat, but she chose me to help her give birth, if she doesnt respond to me, I'll know what to do!

yeah, i noticed...

Well, hope it goes well, not everything ends in tears, well, at least that is what i would like to think

Banned

Ran a cat over once, I saw it from 100m away so I slowed down it panicked then ran along the fence line so I slowed down even more and moved to the other side of the road it then darted across the road just as I came into line with it, I can guarantee it was dead in an instant it hit the sub frame under the car, was very clean. I rushed back to pick the poor thing up and lifted it up on to my jacket but it's eyes were closed and blood was dripping from it's mouth. I cried as I took it to the nearest vets and knocked for ages but it was 6am, unfortunately I had to leave it on their door step with a note of what happened and how sorry I was. I rang them back later that day to apologise, it was chipped and they managed to trace the owner. Horrible experience.

lumoruk

Ran a cat over once, I saw it from 100m away so I slowed down it panicked … Ran a cat over once, I saw it from 100m away so I slowed down it panicked then ran along the fence line so I slowed down even more and moved to the other side of the road it then darted across the road just as I came into line with it, I can guarantee it was dead in an instant it hit the sub frame under the car, was very clean. I rushed back to pick the poor thing up and lifted it up on to my jacket but it's eyes were closed and blood was dripping from it's mouth. I cried as I took it to the nearest vets and knocked for ages but it was 6am, unfortunately I had to leave it on their door step with a note of what happened and how sorry I was. I rang them back later that day to apologise, it was chipped and they managed to trace the owner. Horrible experience.

Sounds like a suicidal cat u had there, anyway,, cheers for adding to the depression lol

Original Poster

lumoruk

Ran a cat over once, I saw it from 100m away so I slowed down it panicked … Ran a cat over once, I saw it from 100m away so I slowed down it panicked then ran along the fence line so I slowed down even more and moved to the other side of the road it then darted across the road just as I came into line with it, I can guarantee it was dead in an instant it hit the sub frame under the car, was very clean. I rushed back to pick the poor thing up and lifted it up on to my jacket but it's eyes were closed and blood was dripping from it's mouth. I cried as I took it to the nearest vets and knocked for ages but it was 6am, unfortunately I had to leave it on their door step with a note of what happened and how sorry I was. I rang them back later that day to apologise, it was chipped and they managed to trace the owner. Horrible experience.

At least you cared... this guy just flattened her, very quick thud, thud (front then back tyre....)
then home for tea a whole few seconds faster then if they had stuck to the 30mph speed limit.....
hope he passes by tomorrow night.....

Original Poster

kittens are all awake wanting feeding..... but they dont like the milk.... help??

dmh77

kittens are all awake wanting feeding..... but they dont like the … kittens are all awake wanting feeding..... but they dont like the milk.... help??

what kind of milk is it? hopefully not your own? (_;)

Original Poster

dataload

what kind of milk is it? hopefully not your own? (_;)

Its the stuff the vet sold us for kittens! lol
getting worried now though....
what do i do??
Edited by: "dmh77" 25th May 2011

whilst it may seem milk is the natural choice for a kitten, water is better! forget the milk!

most cats are lactose intolerant!

dmh77

Its the stuff the vet sold us for kittens! lolgetting worried now … Its the stuff the vet sold us for kittens! lolgetting worried now though....what do i do??

check here
kittenbaby.com/
half way down theres a guide to bottle feeding

jayjayuk1234

whilst it may seem milk is the natural choice for a kitten, water is … whilst it may seem milk is the natural choice for a kitten, water is better! forget the milk!

what will they get out of water? milk is their food

dataload

what will they get out of water? milk is their food

wrong wrong wrong

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

whilst it may seem milk is the natural choice for a kitten, water is … whilst it may seem milk is the natural choice for a kitten, water is better! forget the milk!most cats are lactose intolerant!

it is kitten formula... from the vets, they are still very young!

Original Poster

dataload

check herehttp://www.kittenbaby.com/half way down theres a guide to … check herehttp://www.kittenbaby.com/half way down theres a guide to bottle feeding

Thanks, will have a read!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions