Cat Has eaten some wallpaper paste, this dangerous?

15
Found 12th May
Cat has eaten wallpaper paste, off the bucket we were using and some off the wall.

Can this cause her harm?

She potentially ate some the other day and I have noticed her bowls have been a tad loose today.
Community Updates
AskDIYWallpaperPet
Top comments
I have no idea about the wallpaper paste but for the loose bowls, you can put some blu tack under them.
15 Comments
There's a joke there somewhere... I'll paste post it when I work it out.
I alway thought it gives a person bad guys for a while. Drink plenty of water. For cats I don't know
Seriously though, most wallpaper paste contains anti-fungicides which is poisonous to varying degrees.
Quick Google found this

"Wallpaper paste
Wallpaper adhesives typically contain starches (eg, potato starch derivatives), polyvinyl acetate (PVA) and some contain fungicides (often captan or a triazine) to inhibit mould growth.

Signs of exposure and treatment
Signs in cats that have ingested wallpaper paste include lethargy, lack of appetite, ulceration of the mouth and dehydration, but are usually mild. Check with your vet if you are worried."

International cat care
I have no idea about the wallpaper paste but for the loose bowls, you can put some blu tack under them.
It’s alright cats have nine lives, she’ll live..
33788484-dT2Ce.jpg
Ours did the same
Only problem we had was it left a lump in the wallpaper once we redecorated
eslick1 h, 2 m ago

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3675095https://icatcare.org/advice/keeping-cats-safe-campaign/diy-products-0


Cheers
mrty1 h, 2 m ago

Quick Google found this"Wallpaper pasteWallpaper adhesives typically …Quick Google found this"Wallpaper pasteWallpaper adhesives typically contain starches (eg, potato starch derivatives), polyvinyl acetate (PVA) and some contain fungicides (often captan or a triazine) to inhibit mould growth. Signs of exposure and treatmentSigns in cats that have ingested wallpaper paste include lethargy, lack of appetite, ulceration of the mouth and dehydration, but are usually mild. Check with your vet if you are worried."International cat care


Cheers
We had a dog that swallowed some varnish... It killed him. But he had a lovely finish!
You’ll just have to put up with it.
mrty12 h, 45 m ago

Seriously though, most wallpaper paste contains anti-fungicides which is …Seriously though, most wallpaper paste contains anti-fungicides which is poisonous to varying degrees.




Better keep the cat at 0˚ to be on the safe side...
Google MSDS plus the name of the product and you should be able to find the manufacturer's safety data sheet for the product - some sites only display the first page in a reader and you have to select the download option to get the full pdf.

Should have a list of toxic ingredients and what to do if swallowed, although aimed at humans of course.

Will probably have fungicide in it at least.

Meantime I'd suggest trying to get it to drink lots of fluids if you can.
Edited by: "melted" 13th May
melted2 h, 4 m ago

Google MSDS plus the name of the product and you should be able to find …Google MSDS plus the name of the product and you should be able to find the manufacturer's safety data sheet for the product - some sites only display the first page in a reader and you have to select the download option to get the full pdf.Should have a list of toxic ingredients and what to do if swallowed, although aimed at humans of course.Will probably have fungicide in it at least.Meantime I'd suggest trying to get it to drink lots of fluids if you can.


Cheers, she has been drinking much more water than usual.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text

    Top Discussions

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants