Cat Insurance

Found 21st Feb
Hello all,

After a pretty hefty vet bill today i was wondering if anyone had any advice on a good cat insurance policy? i have 3 cats, all male, all chipped and neutered. Please can anyone assist?
Community Updates
14 Comments
what age are they?
I've just signed up with
Boughtbymany which are getting some good feedback from people I know.
But I've not made any claims to confirm , but at the end of the day they all try and get out of paying
stefromuk12 m ago

I've just signed up with Boughtbymany which are getting some good feedback …I've just signed up with Boughtbymany which are getting some good feedback from people I know.But I've not made any claims to confirm , but at the end of the day they all try and get out of paying

yeah im with them thats why i was asking as if under 2 price doesnt rise for full term,a bit more pricey than others at the moment for me but the last insurance i had had risen to over £100 a month by the time she was 13
Thanks for the replies. They are 4, 2 and 1.
We have Tesco pet insurance for 2 males aged 3years and 1 female who is 4. Total cost £38 per month.
Best advice is to shop around for quotes and read reviews, especially from people that have made claims. You find out how good they are when it comes to paying out. I've been with Petplan in the past and they've never quibbled a payout.
Roystrainset3 h, 19 m ago

Thanks for the replies. They are 4, 2 and 1.

for the 2 and 1 year old go for bought by many
Alternatively, consider a monthly payment into a savings account. We pay £20 per month into an account for our cat which was the cheapest monthly premium at the time when she was 3. Now 8 and we have £1355 in the account.

A bit of a gamble but most cats go their entire lives without needing any expensive treatments. Our 2 previous cats lived until they were 19 & 21 so we would have had £10,000 saved following the same principle!
Good advice thanks all
Mmm.. that’s pricey. I have two cats boy and girl, been out of the vets more times than I’ve changed my under pants. High maintenance for sure! I was with Argos for years and had no issues, then it started to creep up to £240 a year (£12 for boy, £8 for girl), managed to half it with Tesco this year once I’d got £40 through topcashback for signing up through them.
jamstaruk197216 h, 59 m ago

yeah im with them thats why i was asking as if under 2 price doesnt rise …yeah im with them thats why i was asking as if under 2 price doesnt rise for full term,a bit more pricey than others at the moment for me but the last insurance i had had risen to over £100 a month by the time she was 13

God that's pricey £100 a month.
I do hate pet insurance they know you need it because of high vets fees so then milk you dry.
I asked Tesco why they don't do no claims discount like for cars and they said they don't want to Deter people from taking their pets to the vets , but how about some kind of loyalty scheme...
stefromuk56 m ago

God that's pricey £100 a month.I do hate pet insurance they know you need …God that's pricey £100 a month.I do hate pet insurance they know you need it because of high vets fees so then milk you dry.I asked Tesco why they don't do no claims discount like for cars and they said they don't want to Deter people from taking their pets to the vets , but how about some kind of loyalty scheme...

Doesn't the premium remain the same throughout the life of the pet? If so, then the loyalty is being rewarded as the risks increase over time.
chocci30 m ago

Doesn't the premium remain the same throughout the life of the pet? If so, …Doesn't the premium remain the same throughout the life of the pet? If so, then the loyalty is being rewarded as the risks increase over time.

No they normally go up each year regardless whether you claim or not
But if you do have a on going claim like constant medication needed then price tends to go up quite significantly.
stefromuk3 h, 40 m ago

No they normally go up each year regardless whether you claim or not No they normally go up each year regardless whether you claim or not But if you do have a on going claim like constant medication needed then price tends to go up quite significantly.

Ah ok thanks. Might take it out just for a year as works out at only £2 per month after cashback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants