Cat litter suggestions

Posted 25th Mar
Hello everyone

I have been using Morrisons Ultra Super Fine Clumping Cat Litter for past year

3427906.jpg
usually £4 for 10l

I like this as it's clumping and covers the poo well, so it doesn't smell.
only problem is that it's so fine that it gets stuck in cat's paws and the cat tracks it everywhere

during this difficult time like many other cat litters, it's out of stock
However, just checked online and thing its been discontinued by Morrisons

Can anyone suggest another litter to use?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Aldi cat litter is cheap and still in stock most stores
Thanks
I'll have a read up
I use wood pellets, they're cheap and eco friendly which is an added bonus. I think it was £3 for a 15L bag from Wilko and prices are comparable at Pets at Home or wherever else they're available.
Pets at home wooden pellets are brilliant
Yes, wood pellets are so much better.
B&M wood pellets ,if in stock are good
I'm guessing the wood pellets absorb the urine.
What happens to the poo?
Clumping litter turns to mud, our cat simply won’t get in his tray if he detects anything of the sort
Catsan
I always used the wood pellets with my kittens before the progressed onto the cat flat and being free range.

The wee makes the wood pellets turn into sawdust and the cat covers the poop in the sawdust/pellet mix. If you feed good quality food the poop shouldn't smell too much.

I cleaned the tray out easily by every day sifting out the 'good' pellets with a special hole shovel, and then dumping out the sawdusty poop & wiping it clean and putting the pellets back in. But then again I was told cleaning it every day was too much....although I couldn't bear to leave it longer!
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 25th Mar
I’ve found wooden pellets to be the best litter (we’ve tried pretty much every kind and different brands too) I usually get them from Home Bargains but slightly cheaper if you get the massive 30L bags from Pets at home
sicklysweet25/03/2020 21:59

I always used the wood pellets with my kittens before the progressed onto …I always used the wood pellets with my kittens before the progressed onto the cat flat and being free range.The wee makes the wood pellets turn into sawdust and the cat covers the poop in the sawdust/pellet mix. If you feed good quality food the poop shouldn't smell too much.I cleaned the tray out easily by every day sifting out the 'good' pellets with a special hole shovel, and then dumping out the sawdusty poop & wiping it clean and putting the pellets back in. But then again I was told cleaning it every day was too much....although I couldn't bear to leave it longer!

Sorry to go off track but what food would you recommend? I cat sit for people sometimes and the smell of the poo is the only thing putting me off getting my own indoor cat.
sparky6426/03/2020 11:13

Sorry to go off track but what food would you recommend? I cat sit for …Sorry to go off track but what food would you recommend? I cat sit for people sometimes and the smell of the poo is the only thing putting me off getting my own indoor cat.

If you can smell poo they are buying the wrong type of litter
Cheap00726/03/2020 02:00

I’ve found wooden pellets to be the best litter (we’ve tried pretty much ev …I’ve found wooden pellets to be the best litter (we’ve tried pretty much every kind and different brands too) I usually get them from Home Bargains but slightly cheaper if you get the massive 30L bags from Pets at home

They have a few 30l litter

Any type you recommend?
bhaisab30/03/2020 00:03

They have a few 30l litter Any type you recommend?

I was going to send a pic but apparently i’m position number 136 in the Pets at home website queue LOL. Also, just going by your username, are you bengali too?
Cheap00730/03/2020 00:49

I was going to send a pic but apparently i’m position number 136 in the P …I was going to send a pic but apparently i’m position number 136 in the Pets at home website queue LOL. Also, just going by your username, are you bengali too?

40225250-6iwJl.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants