Found 6th Jan 2015
Anyone have experience of dealing with intruder cats coming into your home?
Changing the cat flaps to ones that are coded to an electronic collar is unfortunately not an option as the collars seem to keep falling off the cats that actually belong in the house.

I captured one of the main culprits and chucked water on it and tried scaring it with the hoover to make it stay away but it has returned a few times so that didn't seem to work.

Cheeky buggers just stroll away when confronted, like they own the place until I throw something at them.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
17 Comments

Banned

I've always found catching the culprits, and rubbing hot pepper sauce on their asses usually does the trick!

Microchip cats. Install microchip sensing catflap that only lets your cats in. Job done.

water pistol and patience

Don't get me started on Cats ! amazon.co.uk/gp/…s01 Got one of these last year on Amazon Black Friday deals for £27 . Doesn't appear to deter the cats but soaked me a few times

Original Poster Banned

rogparki

Don't get me started on Cats ! … Don't get me started on Cats ! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MW9VOM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01 Got one of these last year on Amazon Black Friday deals for £27 . Doesn't appear to deter the cats but soaked me a few times

I've seen devices like that before. Problem is, they'll attack me and the legitimate cats when we go outside.

Original Poster Banned

fawkes99

water pistol and patience

Oh did I mention that this particular mutant cat was undeterred by a vacuum cleaner as well as a full mug of water thrown at it?

Original Poster Banned

looneychoonz74

I've always found catching the culprits, and rubbing hot pepper sauce on … I've always found catching the culprits, and rubbing hot pepper sauce on their asses usually does the trick!

How exactly are you achieving this? Need more details please.
Not convinced that rubbing a pussy is the answer.

Original Poster Banned

cdm22

Microchip cats. Install microchip sensing catflap that only lets your … Microchip cats. Install microchip sensing catflap that only lets your cats in. Job done.

That sounds great. Unfortunately when I just took a quick look, I'm seeing prices of almost a hundred quid! and that doesn't include the micro chipping

Villa

How exactly are you achieving this? Need more details please.Not … How exactly are you achieving this? Need more details please.Not convinced that rubbing a pussy is the answer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you said pussy

Villa

That sounds great. Unfortunately when I just took a quick look, I'm … That sounds great. Unfortunately when I just took a quick look, I'm seeing prices of almost a hundred quid! and that doesn't include the micro chipping

I think we paid £55 for ours, and it probably a good idea to microchip cats anyway, ours were done by the rescue place we got them from (as they do that for all cats they get in) but a vet can do them for £20 ish.

agree with microchip as a good idea to get it anyway. what does this intruder cat do when he intrudes?

Villa

That sounds great. Unfortunately when I just took a quick look, I'm … That sounds great. Unfortunately when I just took a quick look, I'm seeing prices of almost a hundred quid! and that doesn't include the micro chipping

Some pets at home stores do microchiping it cost £15 to get our dog done, and most rescue places like cats protection will do it for free or a donation. Definitely worth getting done.

Set the flap to "out only" and just let tigger in when he/she meows,
The other cats might just get board of trying!
The microchip option is pretty good too, A lot of people like this catflap
amazon.co.uk/gp/…lap

Banned

Villa

How exactly are you achieving this? Need more details please.Not … How exactly are you achieving this? Need more details please.Not convinced that rubbing a pussy is the answer.

A ghillie suit, the old box and string trap, a dash of cunning.... and a marigold glove!

Original Poster Banned

cdm22

I think we paid £55 for ours, and it probably a good idea to microchip … I think we paid £55 for ours, and it probably a good idea to microchip cats anyway, ours were done by the rescue place we got them from (as they do that for all cats they get in) but a vet can do them for £20 ish.

Will look into this, thank you.

Original Poster Banned

adamsa29

agree with microchip as a good idea to get it anyway. what does this … agree with microchip as a good idea to get it anyway. what does this intruder cat do when he intrudes?

Oh there are a number of these buggers that intrude, but there is one particularly evil basket that takes a pee in our house and terrorises our actual cat and eats their food.
I caught the chief culprit in one of the bedrooms after he had casually sauntered into the house (with people about) like he hadn't a care in the world, bold as brass.

My neighbours cat keeps on doing stupid stuff and saying 'YOLNT'.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. heart rate monitor fitness watch56
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person624
    3. Kids cut and glue books33
    4. Couple of Netflix places left - PM me if interested.32

See more discussions