Groups

cat worming

yes, I know. just found out the cat has worms and I know nothing about worming tablets.
    anyone got any advice or recommendations.
    thanks in advance.

2 Comments

Buy worming tablets AND human wormer for the whole family, symptoms or not, you can buy OK tasting ones online no prescription. Hoover and clean your house lots especially pet bedding. Get bitten, scratched alot giving our cat's tablets, DO NOT forget to give the secound dose whenever it says on the pack. You can get flea sprays and the stronger ones generally have an effect on worm babies that will be on the cats sleeping areas. Worms can be related to fleas as the worms/eggs can attach to the fleas, so keep up to date with both.

Thats 'all' there is to it

Edited by: "catbeans" 14th Jan

It might be advisable to speak to a pharmacist with regards to treating yourself and others in your family if catbeans concerns are correct.

It's also advisable not to attempt to treat your pet yourself - your cat should be treated for the specific type of worms he or she has. A dewormer that eradicates tapeworms, for example, will not kill roundworms. And some over-the-counter deworming medications can be harmful.

I'd also be very wary about buying any treatments over the internet too, especially for yourself and others in your family. Websites providing prescription medicines online without a prescription are actually acting illegally.

Some websites sell prescription and over-the-counter drugs that may not be safe to use and could put your health at risk, and not forgetting your cat too. Buying prescription and over-the-counter drugs on the Internet from a company you don't know means you may not know exactly what you're getting.

Many online pharmacies are unregistered too, so buying from them is potentially unsafe.

nhs.uk/NHS…spx

You can find a vast amount of information on the internet but how can you determine which websites are the most trustworthy?

nhs.uk/NHS…spx

Can I Catch Worms from My Cat?

Yes, as already mentioned above. A large number of roundworm eggs can accumulate where cats defecate. People, especially children, who ingest such eggs can develop serious health problems, such as blindness. In fact, roughly 10,000 children are infected with roundworms each year.

Hookworm larvae can penetrate human skin and cause lesions. And people can acquire tapeworms through the ingestion of an infected flea.

pets.webmd.com/wor…tes

Edited by: "LemonHead" 15th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions