Cataclean - fuel additives? What’s the best out there!?

Posted 22nd Sep
cataclean.com/sho…l/2

I have no issues with my car currently, touch wood. As a preventative measure any use in using this on a new 2nd hand car I bought - 14 plate 1.6 diesel with 75k on clock!?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Better off going on a motorway run and blowing crud out....are we talking dpf or cat?
wayners22/09/2019 11:24

Better off going on a motorway run and blowing crud out....are we talking …Better off going on a motorway run and blowing crud out....are we talking dpf or cat?

No issues, just preventative measures for general diesel issues...
I use these just before an MOT, not sure whether it works or not , but car passes it's emissions just like you put it in as a preventative measure.
Currently on offer in Halfords £12.79
Just put my 66 plate 5008 1.6 bluehdi through it’s first mot yesterday.
Only been doing local journeys for 3 month now, So was a bit concerned.
So I went to the motorway and drove at 2500 rpm for 10 mins, turned round and did the same back.
Put in for mot and passed.
Allowed 0.51 but was only 0.02 smoke test / emissions.

On older diesel cars pre 2000 I used tec2000 ( hard to get as mechanics only ) to clean them out, one inthe filter neat and one in the tank.
Bit of smoke for an hour then clean as a whistle.
Go on motorway for 30+ mins but stay in forth gear to keep revs up over 3000. That's the best way to keep it clear.
wayners22/09/2019 14:31

Go on motorway for 30+ mins but stay in forth gear to keep revs up over …Go on motorway for 30+ mins but stay in forth gear to keep revs up over 3000. That's the best way to keep it clear.

Follow this. It cleans plugs, injectors etc.
A product you add in the fuel tank will be long and diluted before it reaches combustion!
mukeshmehbubani22/09/2019 15:05

Follow this. It cleans plugs, injectors etc. A product you add in the fuel …Follow this. It cleans plugs, injectors etc. A product you add in the fuel tank will be long and diluted before it reaches combustion!

True.
Cataclean does day 1/4 of a tank?
wayners22/09/2019 14:31

Go on motorway for 30+ mins but stay in forth gear to keep revs up over …Go on motorway for 30+ mins but stay in forth gear to keep revs up over 3000. That's the best way to keep it clear.

No need for snake oil just a good ragging sorts it all out, soot,dpf,exaust,turbo.....everything
Go on.....rag the ar*e out of it and when you get home let it idle for a few minutes to cool down the turbo.....
Job done
The most important preventative measures seems to be keeping the car serviced, with regular oil changes and so on.

A 5 year old car with 75k has done 15k miles a year, so chances are it's spent a good chunk of it's lifetime at operating temperature running in the zone where fuel is burnt most cleanly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants