Catalan illegal referendum

Found 2nd Oct 2017
Looks like violent scenes in Spain over the referendum. Hope it calms down before more people are hurt.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
freakstyler2 h, 2 m ago

Lol talk about biting the hands that feeds them, a couple of scouser …Lol talk about biting the hands that feeds them, a couple of scouser tourists is one thing but when you have footage of them dragging their own people out of buildings by their hair, walloping pensioners over the head with batons, fighting firemen who were trying to protect civilians etc its not a good look especially when they knew the eyes of the world would be watching.

You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed if a rioter gets a good shoeing but draw the line at beating peaceful protestors. Not the finest move by the Spanish PM.

Interesting times and all that.
52 Comments
858246704-1506922201.jpg661737125-1506922155.jpg2124360616-1506922105.jpg
There is no need to hope, people were hurt already ~10 hours' ago.
splender3 m ago

There is no need to hope, people were hurt already ~10 hours' ago.

Did you miss the *more* bit?
INDUSTRYHATER51 s ago

Did you miss the *more* bit?

It's *more* bait.
Get this out in b4 someone says "Brexit" as bait, Welsh, Scots, Irish, don't have referenda to leave or tough no-nonsense police would constitutionally thrash you ? Not very nice is it !
Harvest festivals around at the moment, not good to get a thrashing to celebrate harvest.
Edited by: "splender" 2nd Oct 2017
Seeing what I saw it seems the Police were a tad on the heavy side when dealing with it - I would imagine now its only a matter of time before Catalonia declares independence, within hours if not days and then things really do get messy.

It's a huge showing up for Spain imo.
freakstyler16 m ago

Seeing what I saw it seems the Police were a tad on the heavy side when …Seeing what I saw it seems the Police were a tad on the heavy side when dealing with it - I would imagine now its only a matter of time before Catalonia declares independence, within hours if not days and then things really do get messy.It's a huge showing up for Spain imo.

Spanish police are always heavy handed, especially the Guardia Civil. I saw two Scouse lads had a bit of a ruck with a couple of spanish lads in Ibiza, proper hand bags at dawn kind of stuff. The Guardia rocked up and gave the lads a 3 minute display of efficient brutality, all 4 lads were crying out for their mothers help whilst being bundled in a van.
DKLS17 m ago

Spanish police are always heavy handed, especially the Guardia Civil. I …Spanish police are always heavy handed, especially the Guardia Civil. I saw two Scouse lads had a bit of a ruck with a couple of spanish lads in Ibiza, proper hand bags at dawn kind of stuff. The Guardia rocked up and gave the lads a 3 minute display of efficient brutality, all 4 lads were crying out for their mothers help whilst being bundled in a van.

Lol talk about biting the hands that feeds them, a couple of scouser tourists is one thing but when you have footage of them dragging their own people out of buildings by their hair, walloping pensioners over the head with batons, fighting firemen who were trying to protect civilians etc its not a good look especially when they knew the eyes of the world would be watching.
Civil war in Spain soon?
splender1 h, 25 m ago

Get this out in b4 someone says "Brexit" as bait, Welsh, Scots, Irish, …Get this out in b4 someone says "Brexit" as bait, Welsh, Scots, Irish, don't have referenda to leave or tough no-nonsense police would constitutionally thrash you ? Not very nice is it !Harvest festivals around at the moment, not good to get a thrashing to celebrate harvest.

Sometimes I have to check that your posts aren't written in haikus.
The last time the Spanish fought themselves, Hitler had to intervene.
I wonder if Trump will fill that role this time round?
I thought our European cousins were liberal , outward thinking , freedom of choice , no borders loving superbeings and the British were Bigots , nationalist xenophobes .
No fear , I am sure the Catalans won't be sold out by the EU Demi gods Juncker and Merkel.
freakstyler2 h, 2 m ago

Lol talk about biting the hands that feeds them, a couple of scouser …Lol talk about biting the hands that feeds them, a couple of scouser tourists is one thing but when you have footage of them dragging their own people out of buildings by their hair, walloping pensioners over the head with batons, fighting firemen who were trying to protect civilians etc its not a good look especially when they knew the eyes of the world would be watching.

You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed if a rioter gets a good shoeing but draw the line at beating peaceful protestors. Not the finest move by the Spanish PM.

Interesting times and all that.
plodging48 m ago

I thought our European cousins were liberal , outward thinking , freedom …I thought our European cousins were liberal , outward thinking , freedom of choice , no borders loving superbeings and the British were Bigots , nationalist xenophobes . No fear , I am sure the Catalans won't be sold out by the EU Demi gods Juncker and Merkel.

No - bigoted, nationalist xenophobes are everywhere.

Most intelligent folk know this, it just makes us sad.
DKLS16 m ago

You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed …You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed if a rioter gets a good shoeing but draw the line at beating peaceful protestors. Not the finest move by the Spanish PM.Interesting times and all that.

Yep spot on .. When scenes like this happen in countries deemed " Questionable" by the west , there is an uproar , sanctions threatened an affront to democracy etc etc .
This is a shocking attack on democracy and peaceful people getting a good hiding for wanting to vote is a disgrace .
Will the all powerful EU unleash the beast of the court of human rights ? .. Not a chance
joanddan722 m ago

No - bigoted, nationalist xenophobes are everywhere.Most intelligent folk …No - bigoted, nationalist xenophobes are everywhere.Most intelligent folk know this, it just makes us sad.

Are you part of a superior race or something?. Is everyone who has a different opinion than you inferior?.

Then again, You're not a fan of democracy are you?.
joanddan733 m ago

No - bigoted, nationalist xenophobes are everywhere.Most intelligent folk …No - bigoted, nationalist xenophobes are everywhere.Most intelligent folk know this, it just makes us sad.

But the EU has been sold to us as a model of freedom , no borders , land of opportunity . Spain is at the top table of this utopiaand this is completely unacceptable .
.MUFC.11 m ago

Are you part of a superior race or something?. Is everyone who has a …Are you part of a superior race or something?. Is everyone who has a different opinion than you inferior?. Then again, You're not a fan of democracy are you?.

You a fan of bigots then? Racists? Hate speech? Violence?

If having intelligence and compassion is now deemed a "superior race" then I guess I am - although that's not my understanding or view and I certain wouldn't label that as a "race"

I am VERY accepting of other races/views and opinions - that's why bigoted, nationalist xenophobes makes me sad.
joanddan74 m ago

You a fan of bigots then? Racists? Hate speech? Violence? If having …You a fan of bigots then? Racists? Hate speech? Violence? If having intelligence and compassion is now deemed a "superior race" then I guess I am - although that's not my understanding or view and I certain wouldn't label that as a "race"I am VERY accepting of other races/views and opinions - that's why bigoted, nationalist xenophobes makes me sad.

What has xenophobia got to do with Catalan independence?
davewave3 m ago

What has xenophobia got to do with Catalan independence?

Ask Plodging he said it....

why ask me?? I quoted him.

Is it because he is on your side you don't want to put him on the spot??

strange that.
joanddan79 m ago

You a fan of bigots then? Racists? Hate speech? Violence? If having …You a fan of bigots then? Racists? Hate speech? Violence? If having intelligence and compassion is now deemed a "superior race" then I guess I am - although that's not my understanding or view and I certain wouldn't label that as a "race"I am VERY accepting of other races/views and opinions - that's why bigoted, nationalist xenophobes makes me sad.

No, However I respect democracy, Who are we to dictate what the Catalonians want?. If they want a vote on independence then that should be respected. There is no EU utopia. Yes we're all the same, sure in some ways we're culturally similar too, However some people have a bit of pride in there Countries. We've lost that, People get offended at our Countries flag FFS. It's not racist or xenophobic to love your Country.
.MUFC.4 m ago

No, However I respect democracy, Who are we to dictate what the …No, However I respect democracy, Who are we to dictate what the Catalonians want?. If they want a vote on independence then that should be respected. There is no EU utopia. Yes we're all the same, sure in some ways we're culturally similar too, However some people have a bit of pride in there Countries. We've lost that, People get offended at our Countries flag FFS. It's not racist or xenophobic to love your Country.

what are you ranting about and when did I say it didn't?? I quoted a misguided rant from someone else about the EU.

I haven't stated any opinion on the Catalonians....

I love England and Britain.

You have no idea about me at all and your assumptions thus far have been miles off.
joanddan713 m ago

what are you ranting about and when did I say it didn't?? I quoted a …what are you ranting about and when did I say it didn't?? I quoted a misguided rant from someone else about the EU.I haven't stated any opinion on the Catalonians....I love England and Britain.You have no idea about me at all and your assumptions thus far have been miles off.

Read what you write, It's what you imply, Just like you're implying anyone who votes differently from yourself are "Inferior", "Xenophobic" Of "less intelligence" etc.. Not just in this thread. You seem share a lot of opinions with the other resident troll that lurks about creating Brexit threads etc..
I don't know how much stock you can put in this seeing as its in the DailyMail but one woman has came forward to say police basically tortured her, breaking all her fingers one by one and also sexually assaulted her. There's even some footage.
I merely pointed out that Britain was labelled xenophobic bigots for rejecting EU policy of globalisation and the mass immigration that is required . Much of the same has been levelled at the Catalan parties who have rejected rule by Madrid , which has pushed immigration in some Catalan towns to almost 25% of the population, and ignoring cultural and language differences.
Spain is simply following EU dictat harmonising national and cultural differences.
At the same time Rajoy threatening to cut funding to Catalonia , despite it providing 20% to the Spanish economy , because they dare raise the issue of a self governing region/country.
Seemingly if you seek self determination and control of own country , rejecting EU globalisation , you will get punished , whether it be by financial means or being beaten with a baton .
.MUFC.38 m ago

Read what you write, It's what you imply, Just like you're implying anyone …Read what you write, It's what you imply, Just like you're implying anyone who votes differently from yourself are "Inferior", "Xenophobic" Of "less intelligence" etc.. Not just in this thread. You seem share a lot of opinions with the other resident troll that lurks about creating Brexit threads etc..

You have have no idea what you are on about.

Everything you are saying is how you feel.

You are pushing your own intolerant behaviour on me.
Back on topic...with 25% youth unemployment the chance of more civil unrest is very high.
davewave7 h, 52 m ago

[Image]

why have you included basque separatists ETA in a post on catalonian independence?
Josh.Rogan8 m ago

why have you included basque separatists ETA in a post on catalonian …why have you included basque separatists ETA in a post on catalonian independence?

I had exactly the same thought. To be fair, to dave' it is all Spain innit. Paella, Chorizo, Iberico, Catalonia, Basque, Pique .....
deleted1431257
I hope this goes through so that Barcelona get kicked out of La Liga
"Democratic Europe" First the Spanish threaten the Scots when they were having their vote and now they beat up their own people in the name of democracy...............?
.MUFC.10 h, 41 m ago

Are you part of a superior race or something?. Is everyone who has a …Are you part of a superior race or something?. Is everyone who has a different opinion than you inferior?. Then again, You're not a fan of democracy are you?.

That's the way the liberal left are these days - if only they could see that's exactly how Stalin and his ilk started - they probably can, but they're in denial, won't happen to them etc.

They can't see that they're already clamping down on free speech, human rights, freedoms, and respect for other's opinions.
tryn2help23 m ago

That's the way the liberal left are these days - if only they could see …That's the way the liberal left are these days - if only they could see that's exactly how Stalin and his ilk started - they probably can, but they're in denial, won't happen to them etc.They can't see that they're already clamping down on free speech, human rights, freedoms, and respect for other's opinions.

and you think it makes a difference 'Liberal','left' or 'right' ?

we had our chance to change the electoral structure of this country six years ago
and like it or not and put aside the 'cost' we blew it
Wongy1109 m ago

and you think it makes a difference 'Liberal','left' or 'right' ?we had …and you think it makes a difference 'Liberal','left' or 'right' ?we had our chance to change the electoral structure of this country six years agoand like it or not and put aside the 'cost' we blew it

No, Wongy, I don't think it makes a difference - it's bad whoever does it.

And, I also regret the missed chance to change our electoral structure, but I live in hope of it coming around again, and maybe next time peeps will see the value of making every vote count.
tryn2help5 m ago

No, Wongy, I don't think it makes a difference - it's bad whoever does …No, Wongy, I don't think it makes a difference - it's bad whoever does it.And, I also regret the missed chance to change our electoral structure, but I live in hope of it coming around again, and maybe next time peeps will see the value of making every vote count.

You may well be right but will be voting for Corbyn's Labour in the future just in case of a better one

very much doubt it the last time was the 30's
elections seen to be closer these days but no need to suppose that will last

R.I.P. Tom
Wongy11015 m ago

You may well be right but will be voting for Corbyn's Labour in the future …You may well be right but will be voting for Corbyn's Labour in the future just in case of a better onevery much doubt it the last time was the 30's elections seen to be closer these days but no need to suppose that will last R.I.P. Tom[Video]

I really believe with all my heart Corbyn will be a disaster the UK may never recover from; imo he's like one of those peeps who get scammed online - he really thinks he's got something good, but he's blinded by his own ill-thought-out nonsense.

I don't like austerity, and I absolutely detest the unfairness of the the tories skinning the poor whilst bending over backwards for the rich, but I really believe Corbynism will be far worse for all of us.
tryn2help4 m ago

I really believe with all my heart Corbyn will be a disaster the UK may …I really believe with all my heart Corbyn will be a disaster the UK may never recover from; imo he's like one of those peeps who get scammed online - he really thinks he's got something good, but he's blinded by his own ill-thought-out nonsense.I don't like austerity, and I absolutely detest the unfairness of the the tories skinning the poor whilst bending over backwards for the rich, but I really believe Corbynism will be far worse for all of us.

Maybe it will but I think you find a huge section of the populous really don't care anymore(and yes many of them voted UKIP in 15')

word for the 'country''

32157511-x5szb.jpg
hass1233 h, 45 m ago

I hope this goes through so that Barcelona get kicked out of La Liga

Kicking Barca out of La Liga is even more intelligent than when Rangers were demoted to the Scottish lower leagues - Sure Real fans would love it but how long would La Liga exist after?
DKLS13 h, 1 m ago

You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed …You don't expect to see those scenes in Europe I cant say I am that fussed if a rioter gets a good shoeing but draw the line at beating peaceful protestors. Not the finest move by the Spanish PM.Interesting times and all that.

They may have been mostly peaceful protesters on the face of it but what they are proposing is extremely divisive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants