Caught Speeding

Found 31st May 2012
I was driving my wife to work and some plonk reduced speed and i thought they were pulling over, was a little heavy footed and overtook them (to find them speeding back up - thanks).

I was doing around 50mph in a 30mph zone (i knew that the 30mph zone ended just ahead). It was stupid i know - but i recently bought a fast car and don't appreciate how quickly it accelerates - as my previous motor was a Renault Espace .

Two PCSO's were there with a speed gun, sat on the edge of the road.

I wasn't pulled over, also drove the same way back and they didn't pull me over then either.

I've never had a speeding ticket before, i tend to just plob along.

I'm now hoping i'll only get a warning letter - since i seems the case when PCSO's are on there own. Reading up that they do it to survey / reduce speed in an area by being present, is detailed on our local police site. I didn't see any proper coppas with them.

Doh.
Community Updates
77 Comments
You broke the law you could have killed someone and your complaining

One of the CSOs wasnt Lomurok was it?
Community Support Officers out zapping speeders?
If caught you will get an offer of a speeding course.

Costs about £30 and will cost you half a day, but no points, and no record.
To be fair Spritey if they were PCSOs they were probably aiming the gun at their own face like all Morons would
It seems so churchill

Appears they normally just pull people over, warn them or issue a letter in the post. Saw this on local police site "utilise the Bushnell radar speed gun and issue warning letters to offending motorists."

Have to see i guess, i didn't see a PO with them. Would of thought they'd of pulled me over on my way back. They still pointed the gun at me on my return aswell.
Edited by: "spritey" 31st May 2012
I've always been a good boy

Only time i've ever really intentionally booted it is on a drive back from portsmouth to shropshire at 5am on a Sunday (just go back from France), when first getting this new car and the overtake i got clocked for.

whats the new car?
A friend was caught speeding by manned handheld speedo guns.
She wasn't stopped but received a letter in the post 7 - 10 days later and as it was their first ever speeding offence they were offered the Speed Awareness Course for £60 (which they took instead of the points and said it was actually fairly interesting).
I've been told that the speed awareness course is dependent on your local area and only offered if it's your first offence and you have no points on your licence.
last year 10yr old boy was killed in the next road to mine, pizza delivery man doing 55 in a 30 zone, boy was dragged under the car for 65 feet, ppl near by having a BBQ heard the bang and the screams, from the boy before he passed out.

His mother also heard the accident, she walked up to the accident to see what had happend..........

so op there is no excuse IT IS 30 FOR A REASON even if the 30 zone ends in 10 feet from where u r, I hope you do get points and a fine,

no hate to you personally, you did a bad thing end of
Which is why i said it was stupid miles136 - but thanks for the dramatics, always one huh... :).

Yeah i think the speeding course is only offered under certain circumstances - i believe doing around 50mph in a 30 zone is likely to be either a straight 3 points and fine or possibly a trip to court which could be upto 6 points, bigger fine and possible temp ban. Depends entirely on whether previous driving offences on what you get.
YOUR WIFE?

thought u just left ur baby mamma a while back. quick rebound brah
dga

Scary stuff! oOI've got 9 points over the last 170,000 miles, never been … Scary stuff! oOI've got 9 points over the last 170,000 miles, never been caught when I wasn't speeding...guilty every time even it if was entrapment.

You cant get caught you fly of your bike like Superman
Chiptivo

If caught you will get an offer of a speeding course.Costs about £30 and … If caught you will get an offer of a speeding course.Costs about £30 and will cost you half a day, but no points, and no record.

Wrong, the course is usually only offered to those breaking the speed limit by a certain amount, 50 in a 30 will be 3 points and a £60 fine, unless your very very lucky, then it is £80 and the course.
magicbeans

YOUR WIFE?thought u just left ur baby mamma a while back. quick rebound … YOUR WIFE?thought u just left ur baby mamma a while back. quick rebound brah

She was in the boot
spritey

Which is why i said it was stupid miles136 - but thanks for the dramatics … Which is why i said it was stupid miles136 - but thanks for the dramatics :).Yeah i think the speeding course is only offered under certain circumstances - i believe doing around 50mph in a 30 zone is likely to be either a straight 3 points and fine or possibly a trip to court.

no drmatics just facts, I was also in my garden that day, I only heard a woman screaming in the distance

Have I ever speeded - u bet I have, but not since July 2011

as I say no hate m8t
dga

If you're going to do something...do it properly! X)

I was hickuping so deep breathe and held it in clicked refresh and your post made me laugh and it really hurt
DeLorean DMC-12, doc brown said i needed to go 88mph.
Can PCSO'S even give fines?

I am sure they would need to pull you over at the same time and give you a ticket there and then.

There would be no evidence apart from them saying 'He was doing 50' Just wouldn't hold up.
I wrote a Jag off once I took it like a race car driver, I swear I glided around the green swerving in and out of parked cars then tried to park and put it up the lamp post in which my dad woke up on the back seat got out of car and said to the owner HOW DARE YOU LET MY SON DRIVE WHILST IM IN THE CAR

lol great day the amount I drank was amazing
I think they can clock you, note what you did and then get a PO to action a NIP (from what i've read)...

I really depends tbh
simonturner69

Can PCSO'S even give fines?I am sure they would need to pull you over at … Can PCSO'S even give fines?I am sure they would need to pull you over at the same time and give you a ticket there and then.There would be no evidence apart from them saying 'He was doing 50' Just wouldn't hold up.

In Blackpool they cant do **** just walk with you until police show up lol they normally **** off before they get beat up
That's not enough evidence though, you need hard evidence, in the form of a photograph or video.

Even two coppers as witnesses to the offence would probably not work in court, you could just laugh at them.
So you were overtaking someone in a 30zone? Thats nice and sensible. Someone should have thrown something at you. I hate people speeding. Especially in 30zones. Where its possible kids could be on bikes or something.

You deserve all you get mate.
I did hear PCSO'S cannot even touch you, seems a bit pointless really..

Unless you can pair a PCSO and a Special Constable together?

Embarrassing, but money saving..
gmdlogan

So you were overtaking someone in a 30zone? Thats nice and sensible. … So you were overtaking someone in a 30zone? Thats nice and sensible. Someone should have thrown something at you. I hate people speeding. Especially in 30zones. Where its possible kids could be on bikes or something.You deserve all you get mate.

He's not getting anything..
It appears if you let some hotukdeal members decide legal proceeding you'd be stoned to death for pretty much anything, especially exploiting website glitches.

Guess i'll have to see what comes through the post, either way worst case is a fine and some points for a first offence. I was so proud of my clean sheet!

Ease off in the 30 zones though, unless its night time.

59 in a 30 is fine at night.
hate to tell you but a fiesta isn't classed as a fast car
I believe as there was two witnesses to your speeding they can give a statement to a Police Officer who will issue you with a ticket.
lumoruk

I believe as there was two witnesses to your speeding they can give a … I believe as there was two witnesses to your speeding they can give a statement to a Police Officer who will issue you with a ticket.

Where is the evidence?

PCSO's do not count.
dataload

hate to tell you but a fiesta isn't classed as a fast car

en.wikipedia.org/wik…WRC

What about this one?
simonturner69

I did hear PCSO'S cannot even touch you, seems a bit pointless … I did hear PCSO'S cannot even touch you, seems a bit pointless really..Unless you can pair a PCSO and a Special Constable together?Embarrassing, but money saving..

I swear Outside one of my shops I used to spend most of my time in there was 2 for that area a mid 40s gay guy and an 18ish year old that wouldnt dare look at you, Honestly the kids use to spit in the gay guys face every day kick the football at him as hard as they could and he would still be trying to be the cool guy that can change the neighbourhood, the 18ish old lad used to be miles behind hiding like a pussy
simonturner69

Where is the evidence?PCSO's do not count.

Dont say that he'll cry

Lomurok dont listen your just as important as the traffic warden
Never break the 60 mark.. thats 6 point territory X)
Seriously though, anything double the speed limit is usually 6 points.
Even worse, it could be careless, wreckless or dangerous.. who knows what they will give you.
simonturner69

PCSO's do not count.

PCSOs are trained to use speed guns. They have the 'professional opinion' that a driver was speeding even if they don't catch them speeding with a gun. The evidence is the speed gun....erm duh!

"“PCSOs can't give out tickets but can use the SID. They can also note the registration of a speeding vehicle, give a written statement, and then a PC can follow it up with a ticket later.”

from Hertfordshire police in the Watford Observer
watfordobserver.co.uk/new…ts/
Edited by: "lumoruk" 31st May 2012
Was that the first link that came up in Google?

Every force is different, I would laugh if they tried to issue me with a speeding fine (Police)
You should of floored it and run over the pcso's!!

You could if dragged them along for 65 feet, then stopped of to collect a pizza
lumoruk

PCSOs are trained to use speed guns. They have the 'professional opinion' … PCSOs are trained to use speed guns. They have the 'professional opinion' that a driver was speeding even if they don't catch them speeding with a gun. The evidence is the speed gun....erm duh!"“PCSOs can't give out tickets but can use the SID. They can also note the registration of a speeding vehicle, give a written statement, and then a PC can follow it up with a ticket later.” from Hertfordshire police in the Watford Observerhttp://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/8267616.Police_use_new_device_to_smile_at_motorists/

Trained to use guns?

Funny looking gun that 'SID' is..

On par with:

http://stealthsecurity.co.uk/images/GaurdVanDog.jpg

Drive round like they are Police..X)

http://www.seriousrunning.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/knee-caps-resize.jpg
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/site_imagery/knorr.jpg
http://www.seriousrunning.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/knee-caps-resize.jpg
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/site_imagery/knorr.jpg
I was going to recommend you post on Pepipoo but I see you already have, that's the best place for motoring legal advice.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants