Cause for Alarm(s)

Posted 20th Nov
Recently moved from a flat to a semi detached house.

Moving from a place that had one point of entry to a place with more entry points than Adam West's Bat Cave has made me feel I should invest in an alarm system.

I have been looking at some of the usual suspects like Yale and Simplisafe but not totally sure on those packages. Not looking for anything too fancy but also not really wanting to fork put for a monthly subscription for cloud storage or for a human checking if the alarm has been triggered by me staggering out from my scratcher drunk.

Getting Hive heating installed next week (if it works with the heating system that is) and the security add ons seem reasonably priced so was considering going for that.

Anyway would like to hear folks thoughts, recommendations and haikus on the matter.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers and thanks to those who haven't just for reading my nonsense.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Respect for a decent description of requirements, with humour.
Hikvision as a NON grey import cctv system. a regular pir yale system combo.

Thing with apps & non dedicated "solely" alarms / cctv manufacturers is they get dropped (support disappears) with multi-modal companies & there isn't a thing you can do about it.

Dedicated companies selling long term cctv tend to make sure there is always a basically operatable system down the line, eg, simplicity of a text message to phone if something triggers.
Hive are selling "add ons" ..be careful.
Get a dog
4Real201620/11/2019 15:38

Get a dog

Would love a dog but a lot of the family are allergic sadly (not me though so could take the selfish route).

I heard a Goose can be an effective alternative but I wouldn't want to spend my whole life being terrified by it.

39042666-DbO1f.jpg
Go wired if possible, more reliable and wont cost you a small fortune in batteries over the years. Look for a 'Grade 2' system and you cant go wrong.
Nicky.B20/11/2019 15:44

Would love a dog but a lot of the family are allergic sadly (not me though …Would love a dog but a lot of the family are allergic sadly (not me though so could take the selfish route).I heard a Goose can be an effective alternative but I wouldn't want to spend my whole life being terrified by it.[Image]

You could have a dog waxed weekly

On a serious note allergies suck, I'm allergic to cats so wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Brick up all your windows and doors except one, that will give you the same peace of mind you had as your flat did....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants