Cause for concern? (eBay purchase)

Posted 22nd May
Have a question regarding an item I have purchased from eBay...

I’ve purchased a rather expensive product from eBay and the seller supposedly posted it last Sunday (that’s when the app notification came through anyway) via RM 1st class signed for.

I contacted the seller to ask for a tracking but I received no response so I’m just patiently waiting for the item to arrive. The expected delivery date is the 26th, however my understanding is that 1st should arrive no later than 3 working days.

I know with the current pandemic, things are a little slow but due to the value of the item, it’s concerning my slightly. I should be covered by PayPal but I’d much rather see my parcel arrive!

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Rather expensive item and 1st Class signed for don't go together as the low value compensation upto £50
phillred22/05/2020 11:43

Rather expensive item and 1st Class signed for don't go together as the …Rather expensive item and 1st Class signed for don't go together as the low value compensation upto £50

That was my initial concern, but that’s a problem for the seller!
Royal mail parcels are really slow at the mo... I posted a return back to Amazon on the 1st of May.. Royal mail 1st signed for and it took 2 weeks for them to deliver it... On the post office Facebook page there are huge amounts of people saying the same thing.. So hopefully your item is just delayed.
Edited by: "angieth" 22nd May
angieth22/05/2020 11:50

Royal mail parcels are really slow at the mo... I posted a return back to …Royal mail parcels are really slow at the mo... I posted a return back to Amazon on the 1st of May.. Royal mail 1st signed for and it took 2 weeks for them to deliver it... On the post office Facebook page there are huge amounts of people saying the same thing.. So hopefully your item is just delayed.

Okay, thanks.
If the seller did the postge through ebay then the notification can show when they buy the postage - not when they actually post it.
Many sellers mark it posted when they haven't posted it yet - probably just means they have packaged it up ready for posting. I would ask what date they posted it but I had a 2nd class parcel take 10 days to arrive....so could be general Royal Mail problems.
eBay and PayPal won't get involved till X amount of days have passed. And usually filing a dispute takes 10 days (if I recall) for eBay to step in and make a decision.

I'd give it a few more days before going this route.
Hit up the seller again and ask them, explain that you're wanting a reply before getting eBay involved.
Many parcels and letters that I have posted through sales on ebay have taken more than 2 weeks to arrive.There is no deliveries and collections for some things on a Saturday at the minute either.Royal Mail have told me that they are saying 14 working days Mon-Fri for deliveries which is 3 weeks.Don't worry yet.
If it's to concerning cancel it. Enjoy your day and don't let it be a headache because you have one option to wait and see what happens.
One of my second class parcels took 7 weeks to get there!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions