Groups

Cavity wall and loft insulation

Banned
    Recent changes to the funding for cavity wall and loft insulation means that all home owners and private tenants are eligible for around a 50% grant for home insulation, whatever their financial circumstances. The need for benefits, tax credits etc has gone.

However, if you're on a qualifying benefit etc., the grant can be 100%. Unfortunately, these are being turned around a little more slowly as the utility companies struggle to keep up with demand and those 'able to pay' are likely to be serviced more quickly.

Having said that, prices for loft and cavity wall insulation are at a low right now, plus, the installers are not as busy now as they will be in the run up to winter. If you get insulated before the colder weather sets in, you will start saving on heating bills very quickly and the outlay should be paid back in very short order. As a spokesman for the energy saving trust said recently, 'home insulation is a no brainer' - it saves money, energy and the planet.

4 Comments

what do you mean before the cold wether settles in! I am wearing a fleece today!

thanks for the reminder that I had better get my home insulated soon! another job on the list!

Banned

blackpeppa;6176718

what do you mean before the cold wether settles in! I am wearing a fleece … what do you mean before the cold wether settles in! I am wearing a fleece today!thanks for the reminder that I had better get my home insulated soon! another job on the list!

still in shorts and a t-shirt. do you live in the Orkneys?

Original Poster Banned

Better a fleece than turning up the heating, well done ;-)

Of course a fleece in your walls and in your loft might help too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"44
      2. Dashcam question58
      3. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      4. Battery drain on iOS 111213

See more discussions