Caxton fx currency card

Found 17th Jun 2012
I'm going away but want a pre paid currency card, as my bank offers a rubbish exchange rate, and fees for withdrawing in euros too.

The Caxton fx looks a good deal, I want to be able to schedule some extra money onto it while I'm away as I get paid a few days into my hol (via my banks Internet banking) so I don't have to find an Internet cafe whilst I'm away to do it via the Caxton website
Anyone know if this is possible ? I assume it would be just like if I paid a normal credit card bill on my internet banking using the 16 dogit card number and then the money would show up? Anyone know?
Community Updates
MiscCard
5 Comments
It is pre-paid card,and you only can load money from their web site using your debit card. No other ways of funding.Good card,has great exchange rate and free cash withdrawals abroad.Using it every time when travelling.
I have used my Caxton for two years in various European destinations. It is accepted everywhere and you get a good euro rate when you use it. You can text load it as well and this usually happens instantly,perhaps this would be a solution for you?.
Banned
I prefer the halifax clarity card as no need to pre-load and minimal interest if you pay it back quickly.
Original Poster
Might do the text load instead then, only cost me the price of an international text then
csiman

I prefer the halifax clarity card as no need to pre-load and minimal … I prefer the halifax clarity card as no need to pre-load and minimal interest if you pay it back quickly.

This ^^^^^

I have a Caxton Card and a Halifax Clarity Card, I use the Halifax Clarity Card in preference to the Caxton Card.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions