Found 11th Feb
Looking to go to Cayo Coco on honeymoon the first two weeks of September. I was reading that it's their wettest month, but travel agents say it rains during the night so you're not affected by it. I'm wondering if anyone has been in September and can tell me what the weather is like. Hoping to get hot sunny weather!

1. Ask
  2. Cuba
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Cuba
5 Comments

Your travel agents are being creative, saying it only rains at night. September is in hurricane season in the Caribbean and it can be thundery and very humid. Have a look at this - lots of other advice online - holiday-weather.com/cay…co/
Being in the north is probably an advantage, though. Who knows? There are no guarantees of good weather, but Cuba is a wonderful place to visit. It will be an experience, no doubt. If you only want a sunny beach there are other destinations you can consider, but Cuba is very special particularly if you can travel around a little.

I went to guardalavaca in aug 2012. (Hurricane season), we got hit by hurricane Issac, it was bad, we just stayed in the hotel for 24 hours until the worst had passed. It does seem to have heavy rain showers around early afternoon on somedays then gets sunny again. Must say, cuba is one of the best holidays ive had. Enjoy.

hi, obviously I am no weather expert however for some reason the cayos do seem to get the better weather than rest of Cuba we been a few times now and one was end of August beginning of Sept, weather was gorgeous very humid and we could see the storms on the mainland in the distance but we only had 2 days out of 14 with an hour or so of rain, it definitely rains more at night. hope this helps, anymore questions happy to help.

Original Poster

vixie2

hi, obviously I am no weather expert however for some reason the cayos do … hi, obviously I am no weather expert however for some reason the cayos do seem to get the better weather than rest of Cuba we been a few times now and one was end of August beginning of Sept, weather was gorgeous very humid and we could see the storms on the mainland in the distance but we only had 2 days out of 14 with an hour or so of rain, it definitely rains more at night. hope this helps, anymore questions happy to help.

Thanks for your help it would be the end of August / start of September I think we'll try to go!

julieann137

Thanks for your help it would be the end of August / start of … Thanks for your help it would be the end of August / start of September I think we'll try to go!

enjoy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Christmas presents47
    2. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options711
    3. printing pictures45
    4. Best renewal with sky after last offer99

See more discussions