Groups
    EXPIRED

CC APR

I recently found out that my OH has a CC that is charged at 32% he had no idea it was that high,i nearly died that's ridiculous.

He's in the process of getting it lowered or going elsewhere.

Out of curiosity what are your rates?

17 Comments

Barclays Platinum seems to the best one, about 12.4%.

Banned

How much!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8322411

How much!

Tell me about it,mines 13%

Isn't Credit Card APR dependent on your personal circumstance?

Original Poster

saayinla;8322465

I don't know,his others are 17% :?

saayinla;8322465

Usually it is - although if you ask them (Virgin for example) why you have just put my rate up from 14.9% to 19.9% and then again to 24.9% and now sits at 32.9% they cant give you an answer. Have i ever missed a payment - NO have i ever defaulted on a loan/credit card before - NO.

My best on used to be my AMEX at 9.9% but they put it up to 12.9% and i quite like the barclaycard at 14.9%...

HSBC Premier - 11.9%

deb8z;8322468

I don't know,his others are 17% :?

His 'OTHERS'! may be time to sit down, work out all the debts on these cards and try to get them put into payment plan. It is hard to do but well worth it in the long run.

Banned

i'm guessing its a vanquis card ?

Mine's 0% until March next year

MBNA 7.9% allways

Banned

norfolk_enchance;8322796

His 'OTHERS'! may be time to sit down, work out all the debts on these … His 'OTHERS'! may be time to sit down, work out all the debts on these cards and try to get them put into payment plan. It is hard to do but well worth it in the long run.

why? is he having trouble paying them?

Banned

mines about 15% but couldnt care less if it was 1000% as I always repay it in full. I NEVER spend what I cannot afford.

Original Poster

colinsunderland;8323028

why? is he having trouble paying them?

I did [email protected] assumption.

He doesn't use the others:thumbsup:

csiman;8323044

mines about 15% but couldnt care less if it was 1000% as I always repay … mines about 15% but couldnt care less if it was 1000% as I always repay it in full. I NEVER spend what I cannot afford.

+1, plus my wife always spends as I can afford :whistling:

deb8z;8323048

I did [email protected] assumption.He doesn't use the others:thumbsup:

Not so much an assumption as a calculated guess.

'Has other cards of lower interest, but continues to use card with higher interest' I would have put money on the fact that the other cards were fully loaded and needed to use higher interest card as no other alternative. Why try to negotiate a lower APR on a card when you have 'OTHERS' at lower APR already, just transfer it over.

I could always be wrong though :thumbsup:

2 words- balance transfer .

simples :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions