cctv

Found 8th Dec 2017
can anyone recommend a cctv system for outside my house...ideally with a decent hard drive on it or is it easy enough to add your own? cheers
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Bit of a vague question, what's your budget, number of camera's, spec of camera's required, size of property, field of view required, ambient light level on site, cat5 or coax/shotgun cabling system, lots of variables denote what will be suitable.

Hikvision are a decent 'entry level' manufacturer, Swan are known to be quite poor quality with even worse after sales support.
3 Camera system, a friend of mine fitted these. They are wireless and work well. He's happy, though not so happy new as they have dropped in price since he bought them.
CCTV at Maplin
Personally make sure the camera is of good spec and has good night vision and will clearly make out people at night. Out door laser lights stolen from work this week, you can make out a figure on our camera but its not clear enough to identify the person
paulj481 h, 26 m ago

Bit of a vague question, what's your budget, number of camera's, spec of …Bit of a vague question, what's your budget, number of camera's, spec of camera's required, size of property, field of view required, ambient light level on site, cat5 or coax/shotgun cabling system, lots of variables denote what will be suitable.Hikvision are a decent 'entry level' manufacturer, Swan are known to be quite poor quality with even worse after sales support.

Hikvision entry level ?!?

Not at all

Plenty of budget cheaperr systems hikvision wouldn't be one I'd list in that

Have a look at some dahua systems
Cheaper and better to out on hard drives in ensure its a CCTV specific rated drive like WD purple
Try Poe systems if no existing cabling
But yes more details needed, number of cameras, distance, etc
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 8th Dec 2017
mrwhitelabel3 h, 2 m ago

Hikvision entry level ?!?Not at allPlenty of budget cheaperr systems …Hikvision entry level ?!?Not at allPlenty of budget cheaperr systems hikvision wouldn't be one I'd list in that Have a look at some dahua systemsCheaper and better to out on hard drives in ensure its a CCTV specific rated drive like WD purpleTry Poe systems if no existing cablingBut yes more details needed, number of cameras, distance, etc

Entry level for what a professional engineer would install and support at a residential level
Edited by: "paulj48" 8th Dec 2017
paulj4819 h, 39 m ago

Entry level for what a professional engineer would install and support at …Entry level for what a professional engineer would install and support at a residential level

There are plenty of commercial properties with their equipment too. They are world's largest producer of CCTV equipment, growing in to alarms by purchase of castle/Pyronix and have some of most up-to-date tech with anpr, facial detection and night cameras (dark fighter,) but yeah
mrwhitelabel9 m ago

There are plenty of commercial properties with their equipment too. They …There are plenty of commercial properties with their equipment too. They are world's largest producer of CCTV equipment, growing in to alarms by purchase of castle/Pyronix and have some of most up-to-date tech with anpr, facial detection and night cameras (dark fighter,) but yeah

Yes, I didn’t mean it was only for entry level. The point I was trying to get across was as an ‘entry level’ system this is the cheapest I’d go for, I wouldn’t touch any of the re-branded Chinese clones as mainstream support will be limited.

As an example, a Swan system bought at Maplins, few months down the line a faulty camera results in Maplins wanting the complete set back rather than having the ability to repair/exchange that one camera, obviously not practical when the system has been installed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants