Groups

CCTV and Alarm Help

Hello,

I'm looking to get a CCTV and alarm kit for my house. When living at with parents we had an ADT which was around £25 a month. I'm looking for a similar sort of setup in terms of being able to alarm the downstairs at night. In terms of CCTV, probably a 2 camera kit hd quality with the ability to view on my iPhone and record. Preferably not the nest ones which are monthly costs!

Any help and or reccomended are greatly appreciated!

14 Comments

I have a yale ef-kit3
    Comes with an app for your phone where you can arm or disarm remotely.
    Also sensors have cameras built in. When alarms triggered u get sent pics of what's going on.
    When it comes to alarms I wouldn't go for the cheapo china made brandless types on ebay that promise so much. There just not trustworthy.

Try Verisure, I've got my alarm with them, it is a fully monitored alarm via a call centre and also provides guards who are available 24hrs, should someone happen to try and break in! The only downside is the monthly fee.

I work in the security industry.

If you can diy buy the scantronic ion 16 kit (radio) and buy yourself a SD01 dialler. Link that to your bt line and put contacts in and away you go.

cctv look for QVIS or HIK Vision being the more better quality IMO.
    If you cant diy then look for a local small company rather then a big company such as ADT. Preferably SSAIB OR NACOS approved

delboye30

Try Verisure, I've got my alarm with them, it is a fully monitored alarm … Try Verisure, I've got my alarm with them, it is a fully monitored alarm via a call centre and also provides guards who are available 24hrs, should someone happen to try and break in! The only downside is the monthly fee.

What is the monthly cost mate? Thanks

Well I'm paying £23 a month cos I threw up a fuss about the monthly cost, it's usually £46 a month. The initial cost of the cameras, setup etc is around £350 fully wireless. This doesn't include CCTV however, that is extra. What really won me over was the simplicity of the whole system.

Original Poster

dokez777

I work in the security industry. If you can diy buy the scantronic ion 16 … I work in the security industry. If you can diy buy the scantronic ion 16 kit (radio) and buy yourself a SD01 dialler. Link that to your bt line and put contacts in and away you go.cctv look for QVIS or HIK Vision being the more better quality IMO. If you cant diy then look for a local small company rather then a big company such as ADT. Preferably SSAIB OR NACOS approved

Sorry for late reply!

But thanks, do you think i can get a half decent HIK vision with 2/3 cameras for £350ish?

Thanks again

Original Poster

jackr95

Sorry for late reply!But thanks, do you think i can get a half decent HIK … Sorry for late reply!But thanks, do you think i can get a half decent HIK vision with 2/3 cameras for £350ish?Thanks again

Something like this:
    ebay.co.uk/itm…315?var=&hash=item3ad6ee3bfb:m:mAuDTuBELOJ1-D9tIlxEKrg
    DVR, 1tb HDD, 4 channel - £145.34

Then for cameras..
    HIKVISION DS-2CD2142FWD-I - £89.90

= £325.14 and i should be ready to go with a half decent kit that can remote view etc or am i completely wrong lol!

DVR is fine,
    ebay.co.uk/itm…400
    This is a good cam 3mp.

Remember too add cat5 or shotgun cable to your order. Then bnc fittings or cat5 baluns.

Good to go.

Original Poster

dokez777

DVR is fine, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332186363400This is a good cam … DVR is fine, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332186363400This is a good cam 3mp. Remember too add cat5 or shotgun cable to your order. Then bnc fittings or cat5 baluns.Good to go.

Thanks a lot ! Appreciate the help!
    Just last thing.. Is it all easy enough to get remote viewing working or have I got to start dealing with static IPs etc?
    Thanks again

Once connected to router, port forward the ports : 8000 80 554

Then download the hik connect app and register the device onto app. That should be it.

Original Poster

dokez777

Once connected to router, port forward the ports : 8000 80 554Then … Once connected to router, port forward the ports : 8000 80 554Then download the hik connect app and register the device onto app. That should be it.

Thanks, just saw that dvr On another website and it says 2mp max. So it it worth getting a better DVr or is that ok?

I would get a 3mp dvr/cameras.

Original Poster

dokez777

I would get a 3mp dvr/cameras.

Ok mate sorry for all the question but really appreciate the help! If i go for them cameras is there a dvr youd recommend for the 3mp cameras?

Note: The 3 MP signal input is only available for the first channel of DS-7204HQHI-F1/N, the first 2 channels of DS-7208HQHI-F2/N, and the first 4 channels of DS-7216HQHI-F2/N.
    Hope this helps mate.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions