CCTV Camera Recommendations

Found 18th Feb
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted some recommendations for some CCTV cameras for home.

I've got a budget of £200 excluding the hdd as I already have one in my existing Flouren system.

I was going to go for a Swann but not sure now.

I want a system with 4 channels and 2 cameras at a minimum. I don't mind buying everything separately either.

Thank you
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
It’s a little bit hard to say specifics as there’s so many factors to take into account.

Colour, bullet/dome, IP/Coaxial, IR range, quality, etc.

Personally, haven’t heard too many good things about Swann. Hikvision is fairly decent for home systems. The app is a little stuffy but it does the job. If you already have the system, you could add the cameras onto your existing if you just want a quality upgrade. Providing the system supports it, IP will take a bit of configuration but coaxial should be more or less plug and play.

Dahua equipment is quite decent as well. Never heard anything bad about it.
Edited by: "Vencurse" 18th Feb
Have a look at norbain.com. I installed a system in a trampoline park a few years ago, not for security but to display different area of the park onto a 5m wide projector screen. The kit we used was fantastic, it was ip based with Poe which made installation a piece of cake.
craigstephens2 h, 22 m ago

Have a look at norbain.com. I installed a system in a trampoline park a …Have a look at norbain.com. I installed a system in a trampoline park a few years ago, not for security but to display different area of the park onto a 5m wide projector screen. The kit we used was fantastic, it was ip based with Poe which made installation a piece of cake.

Does Norbain allow end users to purchase? I thought it would have to be an installer / sub distributor
Seems like this question gets asked once a week now.
Using the search button you will find lots of deals and former deals. See which ones were "hot", and read the comments. You'd be amazed at what you learn from previous deals!
to be honest, i have done cctv for homes for 5 years from basic china rubbish to mid level.

I have brought a hikvision dvr and put in a 500gb hard drive i had from a old sky box. £99 on ebay the dvr

Best system now a days IMHO is poe cameras, as you just have to run network cable to them

lightinginthebox had a good price on dome and bullet camera from hikvision

got both for £130 when everwhere else was £200

its a 8 camera systerm so add as you go. you can add some other makes that support the ovif <spelling system

1080p, motion, black out areas ect

so for me was about £220 and does my front door and rear

33290058-4rSHH.jpg

people push swan and sony a lot as known names. so depends on budget, needs and the app for hikvision on my phone is ok
Edited by: "gatwick2018" 19th Feb
I agree with Hikvision. I have a 4 year old system installed. Recently faced some issues called their support line who kindly helped fix the issue with no charge.
pricesavvy20 h, 30 m ago

I agree with Hikvision. I have a 4 year old system installed. Recently …I agree with Hikvision. I have a 4 year old system installed. Recently faced some issues called their support line who kindly helped fix the issue with no charge.

you lucky, i see a few small problems with mine, but unknown if a new firmware for it. 99% works but a few things i think need improvement . if you have a contact for them, let me know
gatwick201812 m ago

you lucky, i see a few small problems with mine, but unknown if a new …you lucky, i see a few small problems with mine, but unknown if a new firmware for it. 99% works but a few things i think need improvement . if you have a contact for them, let me know

Here is the number I used to call.

hikvision.co.uk/con…tml
lol they are close as well i thought would be china. thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions