CCTV Camera Replacement - Advice needed

Found 3rd Jul
Hi,

I'm looking to replace a faulty CCTV camera on my system and I'm a little confused with what to get (I can't find the exact same camera).

The system is over 6yr old with 4 vari-focal dome cameras.

The newer cameras state different outputs (AHD, CVI etc.) and I don't know where my current system fits in there and I don't want to buy one that won't work.

My current camera has the following details.

Model: GT-DBH3038
Colour: White
Element: 1/3" Sony EffoE CCD
Picture: PAL 1024(H) * 596(V)
Resolution: 700 TVL
Min Illumination: 0 Lux
IR Range: 30M (36 IR LED)
Video Output: 1Vpp 75 ohm
Power: 12V dc 400mA
Lens: 2.8 to 12mm
Dimensions: 119 Diameter * 82.5
Weight: 1000g

A similar size unit would be useful too as it was fit to a plastic soffit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Community Updates
AskPhoto & Camera
4 Comments
If you really want an effio-e 700tvl camera, you can probably pick one up from ebay or off aliexpress at a ridiculous price but I doubt you'll get a camera with a genuine sony effio-e chip as those have long gone eol

You'd be better off upgrading your DVR to a new hybrid TVI/analog so it'll work with your existing analog cameras and then add a 2MP TVI camera. The difference will be night and day compared with your current cameras and the advantages are you can use the existing cable provided it is of decent quality e.g. RG59

2MP Hikvision DVR @ £40 ebay.co.uk/itm…772
2MP Hikvision TVI Dome Cam @ £20.50 ebay.co.uk/itm…635

That's just over £60 for a new 4ch DVR and 2MP camera (so long as you don't mind that it's fixed lens), assuming your current DVR is 4ch. Switch over your HDD to the new DVR and jobs a good'un
Edited by: "thenormalone" 3rd Jul
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Wasn't too bothered about the effio-E (doesn't mean anything to me tbh).

I'll take a look at items you've suggested, as the prices make it a no-brainer really.

My current system is an 8 channel one (went for that as it was only a few pound more at the time).

Once again, thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
There's an 8ch variant of the same DVR, different seller and £15 dearer: ebay.co.uk/itm…650

Also note this is the budget range but as you said, at these prices it's a no brainer for Hikvision. If you like the system, you can replace your other cameras down the line.
Thanks, that's been a great help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants