CCTV FTP host

Posted 4th Jan
Hi

Anyone know a free host for CCTV DDNS?.

My CCTV was setup for FTP Host - ftp.host.com and ARSP to edvrddns.com
years ago and now I would like to view on Iphone I have to have a host?.

Both sites are now gone
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I’ve used noip.com for a while. It’s been reliable without any issues.
Vencurse04/01/2020 22:42

I’ve used https://www.noip.com for a while. It’s been reliable without any …I’ve used https://www.noip.com for a while. It’s been reliable without any issues.

for the free no-ip you have to validate the account every 30 days, but there are other alternatives:
freedns.afraid.org
dyndnss.net/
spdyn.de/
dynu.com/
etc.
Vencurse04/01/2020 22:42

I’ve used https://www.noip.com for a while. It’s been reliable without any …I’ve used https://www.noip.com for a while. It’s been reliable without any issues.

I have setup noip and all seems ok apart from when I try to see my CCTV on my iphone it says failed to connect.
I can view from internet explorer ok

any idea whats wrong?
markvirgo04/01/2020 23:19

I have setup noip and all seems ok apart from when I try to see my CCTV on …I have setup noip and all seems ok apart from when I try to see my CCTV on my iphone it says failed to connect. I can view from internet explorer okany idea whats wrong?

You usually have to do some port forwarding on your router to get DDNS rolling. The ports will vary depending on the model of your recorder / internal settings on it if they’ve been tweaked.

Web access tends to use 80 by default and may already have been done / UPNP.
Vencurse04/01/2020 23:24

You usually have to do some port forwarding on your router to get DDNS …You usually have to do some port forwarding on your router to get DDNS rolling. The ports will vary depending on the model of your recorder / internal settings on it if they’ve been tweaked. Web access tends to use 80 by default and may already have been done / UPNP.

port forwarding setup and on a port check it is open ok.
markvirgo04/01/2020 23:30

Depending on the NVR you may have to open several ports; for example for Hikvision, you'll need HTTP Port = 80, Server Port = 8000, RTSP Port = 554, HTTPS Port = 443 (or you go through Hikconnect, or you build your own VPN server).
TobyZ05/01/2020 10:39

Depending on the NVR you may have to open several ports; for example for …Depending on the NVR you may have to open several ports; for example for Hikvision, you'll need HTTP Port = 80, Server Port = 8000, RTSP Port = 554, HTTPS Port = 443 (or you go through Hikconnect, or you build your own VPN server).

Thought I would try again and it seems I still have closed ports even though I have set them up in my BT homehub 6 router.

Not sure what to do now.

My CCTV is sunluxy
Is it possible that your DNS is not working ? Have you tried conencting via your public IP ?
dnschecker.org/
Checked dns working ports still blocked Bt sites no help
If you can share some screen captures it may help to figure out what's going on (hide the sensitive information).
markvirgo04/01/2020 23:30

What port is the DVR using and how ar you trying to connect to it using iPhone?
SaltyExpert16/01/2020 21:23

What port is the DVR using and how ar you trying to connect to it using …What port is the DVR using and how ar you trying to connect to it using iPhone?

Port 8080

vMEye app on iphone and internet explorer on external PC.
Can you safari into the DVR by being on mobile network then type in your external IP followed by :8080?
SaltyExpert18/01/2020 15:45

Can you safari into the DVR by being on mobile network then type in your …Can you safari into the DVR by being on mobile network then type in your external IP followed by :8080?

I get a blank page and the browser address bar says not secure - 12.123.12.12:8080

Ip address is not my real one just for info

If I try from a PC not on my wifi the address bar tab says hd client
Edited by: "markvirgo" 18th Jan
Seems odd then, the PC taking you to the DVR but the app isn't. Is there another app?
SaltyExpert18/01/2020 22:31

Seems odd then, the PC taking you to the DVR but the app isn't. Is there …Seems odd then, the PC taking you to the DVR but the app isn't. Is there another app?

Maybe my CCTV needs updating as its quite old now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions