Expired

CCTV help! Noisy fan

Found 13th Aug 2014
I've got a Sentient CCTV system from Maplins. Had it running for the last few years without problem. This week the fan doesn't appear to be running properly, perhaps spinning a little too fast and getting noisy.

The system shows my the CCTV on the screen correctly but when the fan gets noisy the recording to HD function stops working (so I can only view). I can tap the fan at the back to get it back to being it quiet self but that only lasts a few minutes.

My question: Do you think it'll be a simple case of replacing the fan or does something else need to be done?
Community Updates
AskFanCCTV
4 Comments
Sounds like bearings have gone
I've got a Swann kit and the fan is like a PC fan that just slots into the board
You'll have to open the case up and check - it's very easy on most kits with just a few screws
Original Poster
aj84

Sounds like bearings have goneI've got a Swann kit and the fan is like a … Sounds like bearings have goneI've got a Swann kit and the fan is like a PC fan that just slots into the boardYou'll have to open the case up and check - it's very easy on most kits with just a few screws

I opened it yesterday and it does look like a PC board which could be a easy job. I'll measure the fan and get a replacement today. Should be straight forward (fingers crossed).
If its under warranty get a replacement unit
Original Poster
arachnoid

If its under warranty get a replacement unit

Sadly I don't think it is. Had it least 2 years and maybe longer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants