Expired

cctv needed pref with 1 camera, sound inc, record day and night with a dvr

Found 7th Jul 2009
i dont have a dvd recorder so i need a camera that comes with a recorder, app the wired ones are better than the wireless, i only need the 1 camera, would prefer colour, sound is very important. im having problems with neighbours and would also prefer it to come with a date and time stamp. can anyone please help as it seems so complicated, many thanks. oh, the budget is £200. many thanks x

looked at this one but the size of the hd card put me off, it says max 1gb - is this a mistake?
argos.co.uk/sta…htm

6 Comments

I work for a CCTV / intruder alarm company, why dont you try ringing a small company, for what you want im sure you get installed within your budget.

Original Poster

what kind of company? i dont know where to start to be honest

just tried a couple, £600 - £1000 - way more than my budget

hocka;5683166

what kind of company? i dont know where to start to be honestjust tried a … what kind of company? i dont know where to start to be honestjust tried a couple, £600 - £1000 - way more than my budget

thats for a cctv system, if you are looking for a DVR and 1 camera, it wont be that price, do you want a monitor aswell, where are you based? try looking in the yellow pages for a small alarm company.xx

p.s - Iv you are only having 1 camera you dont need to be buying a 16channel dvr, look for a 4 channel one. :thumbsup:

you're going to struggle to get anything for that price, i'd suggest using a PCI card to use your PC as the DVR.

Give this bloke a call, he should be able to advise you better

stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/DIY…sZ1

The cheapest type of system will be the SD card DVR . Some record sound , some dont , some will allow you to use any type of camera , others come supplied with a camera. Most have date and time stamp and allow you to set up movement zones . The HDD DVR's are the best and most have 4 inputs but only one audio input , but there not cheap . There normally 160GB HDD for the cheaper models but I suppose you could fit a larger drive in .

Original Poster

thanks guys, still no futher forward tho, whats your thoughts on the argos one?
Post a comment
@
    Text