CCTV Required

Posted 14th Dec 2019
I posted earlier last week about needing a security system after my house got burgled. I’ve managed to get an alarm with police response (verisure if anyone is interested). It working brilliants with far.

I’ve also decided to get some cameras setup just to cover my house. Minimum 2 cameras. Ideally I want something under £200 but easily removable when I plan to move house next year. I’ve seen some wireless ones but reviews are sketchy.

Does anyone have advice or experience with good CCTV. I’d be willing to go up to £309 if it was easily removable and wireless
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I have a neos from Amazon in my front window (you can turn off the infrared LEDs in the app) so a cheap led floodlight would provide the light.
It can be set for motion detection (no zoning) or sound (or both).
Out of the box, it records 12 seconds for each event to the cloud (6 seconds before and 6 after, very clever)
You can pay for longer clips if you want
They come with a 3 pin plug style usb power supply included
amazon.co.uk/Neo…3SZ
esar14/12/2019 14:15

I have a neos from Amazon in my front window (you can turn off the …I have a neos from Amazon in my front window (you can turn off the infrared LEDs in the app) so a cheap led floodlight would provide the light...

Usually more beneficial to have standard external PIR-triggered floodlight(s) rather than permanent IR flood as the PIR only triggers on body heat / vehicle heat not moving branches / rain / snow, plus the triggered floodlight provides colour images compared to monochrome via IR alternative.
Blink setup? Mine are brilliant
Hikvision from Amazon, I swear by them. 4 camera Dvr around £45, cameras £26 each. 2 Bnc cables for the cameras and a power splitter for under a tenner. Itb hard drive for around £40. You also can get a 20w pir led floodlight from cpc farnals for around £12
Where are you based?
I’m sorry your house got burgled, our car window got smashed overnight don’t know by who, it’s very sad when others don’t respect what others own through hard work. So painful and costly to replace everything, good luck and hopefully your new measures deter them
Problem is I live in a rented house. I’m reluctant to create any holes for wiring that will need to be filled at my expense once I leave
Pakboy15/12/2019 13:00

Near Heathrow

Ah okay I don’t know anyone near Heathrow u can get good supply and fit deals by many installers
Pakboy15/12/2019 13:01

Problem is I live in a rented house. I’m reluctant to create any holes for …Problem is I live in a rented house. I’m reluctant to create any holes for wiring that will need to be filled at my expense once I leave

Speak to your landlord what has he offered?
He will likely give permission to drill holes as long as I fix them after tenancy finishes. He has agreed to install a flashlight himself but no cameras
Same has just happened to us and we have the blink ones up with the night vision, they are good most false alarms that alert the phone but at least it’s picking the movement up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions