cctv setup

Found 19th Jun
Looking for some advice in buying some CCTV
What i want/need ..
Weatherproof and wireless as they'll be outdoors
3-4 cameras
Live view via app
Continous recording with HD (what size HD would be needed for this?)
Good quality images

I'm happy to buy from china but there's so many and I've no idea what ones are good

I think something like this
cctv

but is 1mp enough?
any better options for around same price?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I have 3 POE Hikvision with a NVR with a 2TB never let me down.
I believe these are one of the better ones out there. Had mine about 3 years now and looking to upgrade to a newer system.
I would recommend these all day long.
Wireless is fairly pointless as you have to hard wire power anyway.
720p is plenty good enough for a home setup, unless you are capturing long range 1080 just results in higher storage usage.
Simplest is POE but personally i prefer BNC but at 1080 or 720 both are fine.
Agree with fergys. I have 4 X Hikvision POE cams running on a HikVision NVR and they are flawless.

Also agree with jimhuf on wireless subject. Really pointless as you’ll have to run power to the cams. POE is one weatherproof CAT5/6 cable to each cam.

Have a look at cctvkits.co.uk. They have good HikVision bundles and their aftercare is great.
thanks for the suggestions, the HikVision does indeed look good, although its around 3 x more than what I was looking at
think it has to be wireless tho as i want one down by our garage, doubt I can run a cable there from the house
athunder8 h, 48 m ago

thanks for the suggestions, the HikVision does indeed look good, although …thanks for the suggestions, the HikVision does indeed look good, although its around 3 x more than what I was looking at :(think it has to be wireless tho as i want one down by our garage, doubt I can run a cable there from the house

Using powerline adapters (ethernet over mains) might be a better option than wifi if your garage has mains power. Wifi can be unreliable at times, if one or two of the neighbours' routers automatically switch to an overlapping channel you can lose connection.

If you do go for wifi, then I'd suggest getting ones that also record to an onboard memory card.
melted20th Jun

Using powerline adapters (ethernet over mains) might be a better option …Using powerline adapters (ethernet over mains) might be a better option than wifi if your garage has mains power. Wifi can be unreliable at times, if one or two of the neighbours' routers automatically switch to an overlapping channel you can lose connection. If you do go for wifi, then I'd suggest getting ones that also record to an onboard memory card.

Some cctv systems do not allow you to use powerline adapters even though they are poe
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants