CCTV Software

Hey everyone!

Can anyone reccomend any CCTV software? Preferably free.....

Having a few problems with vandals wrecking my car!

Cheers

13 Comments

Dont lie you wanna film the late night drunk girls

The problem is that you have to put up a sign to say you are filming, which may cause more trouble (they will do it hooded).

we have cameras all down our street. Never stops it though. Wing mirrors are forever being kicked off. We can see whos done it and who they are but rarely does anyone know them. When they are known they deny it and police dont do anything.. Worth a go though if you think it will help. Our head of neighbourhood watch was giving free cameras and video recorders to anyone that wanted them.

Original Poster

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs091.snc1/5106_116256094413_639989413_2945020_171356_n.jpg

This is why I need CCTV! :x

Try webcam monitor, can set to auto record either video or snaps, I use it with a PS2 eyetoy, works with any video input connected to a PC, give me a shout if you cant find it;-):thumbsup:

ohh i do feel for you, my son's car has been vandalized sooooooooo many times,and just yesterday had the drivers door bent open and the windows smashed,he's only a student and it's not fair that they get away with it time after time (he lives in Brighton)

Predikuesi;5631639

The problem is that you have to put up a sign to say you are filming, … The problem is that you have to put up a sign to say you are filming, which may cause more trouble (they will do it hooded).

Not if a private individual and only recording on own property:thumbsup:

Banned

do some research into anyone else on ya street or local whos cars are being vandalised.

group up. mask up. do something about it. rest assured they wont do it again

Original Poster

Well, the thing is I suspect who it is, as they have done it before. Their mother admitted that they done it!
The 'thugs' live 2 doors down from me. They don't work, always out drinking and smoking.
This is the 3rd time something has happened.
The 1st time, they ripped of rear windscreen wiper, took of 2 letters of car name from back and tried to take of the vauxhall badge. (Its a corsa) They put a nice scratch in the back and ripped my rear number plate! Aerial was also ripped off... this is what the mother admitted they had done...

2nd time was just the rear wiper, No idea who done this, but I can guess!

This time its the dent and they also ripped one of the wheel trims. I have reported to police and SOCO did come out to take the partial footprint that was left on the dent...if they can do anything with it, who knows!

I do have a garage, but as my car is in constant use, its just a pain to take it in and out everytime! Plus, if I do place it in garage, then there is the threat of someone parking in front of it, even if I do put no parking signs there.

Here's the layout of my house/garage.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/Misc/Picture1.jpg

I also have the issue of not being able to provide power to the garage in order to have a nice cheap wired CCTV. The view through the window from my house is also blocked by overgrown trees!

I have a wireless CCTV camera, but only a small piddly thing which can be run by a 9volt battery........not brill, but may have to put this in the car...

I would absolutley love to smash their faces in but would dread the consequences as I do have a family to take care of...

Banned

Predikuesi;5631639

The problem is that you have to put up a sign to say you are filming, … The problem is that you have to put up a sign to say you are filming, which may cause more trouble (they will do it hooded).

Thats only if you are subject to the data protection act, which you aren't if its only used for filming your own property

Original Poster

harlzter;5632003

Try webcam monitor, can set to auto record either video or snaps, I use … Try webcam monitor, can set to auto record either video or snaps, I use it with a PS2 eyetoy, works with any video input connected to a PC, give me a shout if you cant find it;-):thumbsup:

Hey Harlz!

Any chance of a link to to Webcam Monitor?

Cheers :thumbsup:

birdyboyuk;5639038

Hey Harlz!Any chance of a link to to Webcam Monitor?Cheers :thumbsup:

Damn sorry mate meant to sort it last night:oops:

Give me 5 minutes.

PM sent
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions