CCTV to be introduced in all slaughterhouses in England in 2018

Found 12th Nov 2017

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

32420287-h7An6.jpg

Step in the right direction, Hope they ban halal too.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Nov 2017

32420515-rw46Y.jpg
83 Comments

Great idea.

32420287-h7An6.jpg

32420352-Hz86U.jpg

...slow burner today...

Good, then get more inspectors for food outlets, butchers etc

Live webcams so the people of misc can rate their work?

Means I can sit like a Roman emperor giving the thumbs down just before the execution!

32420515-rw46Y.jpg

We’ll probably see the videos on Harry Hill’s TV Burp before too long.

We could all go veggie I suppose.

Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Nov 2017

davewave12 h, 59 m ago

best meme of the year!

Did it not qualify for the previous 7 meme of the year awards?
That particular gif has been around since 2010. Do you even internet?

knowyourmeme.com/mem…l=1
Edited by: "DT89" 13th Nov 2017

.MUFC.20 h, 59 m ago

Might as well round up the Muslims and ban them too eh.

EN1GMA2 m ago

Why did you feed the troll?

This is one video that's not going to say "No animals were harmed" in the production of this film..

EN1GMA2 h, 6 m ago

Nope, however we shouldn't allow the cruel inhumane methods to satisfy religion.

.MUFC.44 m ago

Nope, however we shouldn't allow the cruel inhumane methods to satisfy …Nope, however we shouldn't allow the cruel inhumane methods to satisfy religion.

But we should pay people to kill animals for us to satisfy our choices?

jayonline858 m ago

But we should pay people to kill animals for us to satisfy our choices?

As a meat eater I accept we have to kill animals to satisfy our taste buds. However I'm very opposed to cruelty to any living thing and the needless suffering an animal has to endure. Stunning imo is the most humane method because the animal is unconscious when they slice there throats. The brain can remain conscious for up to 7 minutes after having there throats cut. That isn't acceptable.

.MUFC.1 h, 16 m ago

Nope, however we shouldn't allow the cruel inhumane methods to satisfy …Nope, however we shouldn't allow the cruel inhumane methods to satisfy religion.

So you're a vegetarian/vegan?

EN1GMA3 m ago

So you're a vegetarian/vegan?

Nope, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the barbaric slaughter of animals. I buy my meat from my local butches and he assures me that they're humanely killed. Cruelty to animals isn't acceptable either.

.MUFC.5 m ago

Nope, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the barbaric slaughter of …Nope, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the barbaric slaughter of animals. I buy my meat from my local butches and he assures me that they're humanely killed. Cruelty to animals isn't acceptable either.

Alot of the abattoirs in these reports actually provide non halal meat. You seen the videos of abattoirs where pigs are slaughtered and the vile treatment that happens there? But your treatment of animals does not extend to those places do they...

.MUFC.6 m ago

Nope, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the barbaric slaughter of …Nope, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the barbaric slaughter of animals. I buy my meat from my local butches and he assures me that they're humanely killed. Cruelty to animals isn't acceptable either.

And you think stunning is painless?

EN1GMA6 m ago

Yeah, of course animal welfare is at the heart of your argument Yeah, of course animal welfare is at the heart of your argument Majority of Muslims actually eat meat that was stunned first. So long as the animal has not died due to the stunning, it's not an issue.The fact is the non stunning argument is used as a guise just to criticise Muslims.Fact is, Muslims will never be accepted. Look at the hysterical reaction to the Tesco advert of the advert showing the temerity to show a Muslim family inc in a Xmas advert.

But as a general rule that method isn't employed, I can't accept that an animal can be conscious for several minutes after. If stunning is acceptable in halal then they should practice that method, There wouldn't be a problem.

EN1GMA6 m ago

Alot of the abattoirs in these reports actually provide non halal meat. …Alot of the abattoirs in these reports actually provide non halal meat. You seen the videos of abattoirs where pigs are slaughtered and the vile treatment that happens there? But your treatment of animals does not extend to those places do they...

Yes, they're sick and I'm against any form of animal cruelty.

.MUFC.1 m ago

Whilst eating animals

EN1GMA8 m ago

And you think stunning is painless?

No, I'm not sure there is a painless safe for consumption method available. Stunning should render them brain dead hence they wouldn't be conscious.

EN1GMA2 m ago

Whilst eating animals

Whilst eating humanely killed meat and free range eggs yes.

.MUFC.4 m ago

Listen mate, you're against halal meat. That's fine. Just don't come up with reasons to justify it by coming out with the animal cruelty argument, whilst enjoying eating meat

.MUFC.3 m ago

Whilst eating humanely killed meat and free range eggs yes.

So I take it you're equally against caged chickens, their eggs etc? Will you be asking to ban them too, you know in the name of animal cruelty.

Its funny how people will argue against halal slaughter and yet be perfectly fine with buying other produce like eggs from caged chickens, because you know, it's cheaper

.MUFC.5 m ago

No, I'm not sure there is a painless safe for consumption method …No, I'm not sure there is a painless safe for consumption method available. Stunning should render them brain dead hence they wouldn't be conscious.

Have you been to abattoirs? Have you seen animals being bolted?

I think you have a very fairy tale view of stunning animals.

EN1GMA7 m ago

So I take it you're equally against caged chickens, their eggs etc? Will …So I take it you're equally against caged chickens, their eggs etc? Will you be asking to ban them too, you know in the name of animal cruelty.Its funny how people will argue against halal slaughter and yet be perfectly fine with buying other produce like eggs from caged chickens, because you know, it's cheaper

Yes, I would like chickens to have a good quality of life. I would like every animal to have a good quality of life. Not be mistreated and slaughtered inhumanly. I understand our boundaries are to within UK products once we've left the EU. Hopefully we tighten our animal rights up. Clearly filming is a step in the right direction. It should help prevent animal cruelty.

EN1GMA9 m ago

Have you been to abattoirs? Have you seen animals being bolted?I think you …Have you been to abattoirs? Have you seen animals being bolted?I think you have a very fairy tale view of stunning animals.

I understand it's not very nice but at least they're not conscious. There has to be a point of death and it's the least distressing humane method currently available.

.MUFC.17 m ago

No, I'm not sure there is a painless safe for consumption method …No, I'm not sure there is a painless safe for consumption method available. Stunning should render them brain dead hence they wouldn't be conscious.

No. It renders them stunned (assuming they are properly stunned), then properly offed by the throat cutting machine , still if they are still going they definitely get killed by the next one (boiled alive).

But those monsterous Muslims stun the animal and then kill it by hand ensuring a quick death , beasts indeed.

Guess what killing animals is horrible.
Edited by: "catbeans" 13th Nov 2017

catbeans15 m ago

No. It renders them stunned (assuming they are properly stunned), then …No. It renders them stunned (assuming they are properly stunned), then properly offed by the throat cutting machine , still if they are still going they definitely get killed by the next one. But those monsterous Muslims stun the animal and the kill it by hand ensuring a quick death , beasts indeed.

Stunning will in most cases render them brain dead. They will basically be cabbages at that point.

A BRAIN CAN REMAIN CONSCIOUS FOR UPTO 7 MINUTES AFTER HAVING IT'S THROAT CUT. IT IS AWARE OF IT'S PENDING DOOM.

In both halal and stunning they are sometimes put in machines where they'll have there throats cut.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 13th Nov 2017

Original Poster

.MUFC.24 m ago

Stunning also, sometimes kills the animals instantly. More so in the case of the animal getting stunned in its heart rather than the head. Which again, is far more humane than just slitting its throat and allowing the animal to feel itself dying for up to however many minutes.

Anyone that thinks slitting a animals throat is the most humane way are obviously blinded by their beliefs. They'll stick by it because thats part of what they believe in. Going against that also goes against their entire belief. So they'll argue with you to the death.

You could look at it like this... If a terrorists wants to kill you, he is going to kill you the most painful, extreme way possible. They slit your throat and/or chop your head off slowly, or quickly if you're Saudi arabia. If stunning wasn't humane then all the terrorists would be pre stunning those they want to kill. Not slitting their throat in a nice humane way lol.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 13th Nov 2017

.MUFC.7 m ago

Stunning will in most cases render them brain dead. They will basically be …Stunning will in most cases render them brain dead. They will basically be cabbages at that point.A BRAIN CAN REMAIN CONSCIOUS FOR UPTO 7 MINUTES AFTER HAVING IT'S THROAT CUT. IT IS AWARE OF IT'S PENDING DOOM.

So what exactly do you object to in Halal meat that is not present in non Halal meat?

catbeans5 m ago

So what exactly do you object to in Halal meat that is not present in non …So what exactly do you object to in Halal meat that is not present in non Halal meat?

I object to an animal suffering a slow painful death where it's still conscious. When other methods that cause less suffering like stunning them first. Pretty obvious really.

.MUFC.4 m ago

I object to an animal suffering a slow painful death where it's still …I object to an animal suffering a slow painful death where it's still conscious. When other methods that cause less suffering like stunning them first. Pretty obvious really.

Just because an animal has been stunned and thus unable to move does not mean its not in pain. The animals are in pain when stunned, it's just that they are not able to fully move their bodies. If you think an animal that is stunned is not in pain due to not moving, you're in cloud cuckoo land.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions