cctv what systems

Found 11th Jan
I'm after a home cctv system. I'm novice at this but what I want is 4 cameras 1tb hard drive, preferably the thermal sensors, most seem to be coming in at £350ish.. that is hikvision or swann. any feedback greatly appreciated. it's for home use after some bugger threw a paving slab through my bifolds. I know it will not stop this but another deterrent with the house alarm will not do any harm. thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

There was THIS SYSTEM recently on here. It was £55 (Black Friday I think) but is £153 now. I bought this system and it is very good. Others may be able to point you to the same system but cheaper.

Deal thread HERE with info from users.
Edited by: "artnada" 11th Jan

Glad to hear you got a home alarm. Visible house alarms are more of a deterrent than cctv. With cctv it’s easy to cover your face and the evidence is pretty much useless. What criminals don’t like is attention, a big siren going off draws too much attention!

We paid around £240 for a 4 camera Arlo system, it’s brilliant!!
Edited by: "Daaaavvveee" 11th Jan

Daaaavvveee4 h, 21 m ago

We paid around £240 for a 4 camera Arlo system, it’s brilliant!!

I would agree, the Arlo (or newer Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2) gets great reviews, the newer versions are quite expensive mind.

I’ve had two separate Swann systems on different occasions, both have had faults. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Wouldn’t personally buy again.

You want thermal camera or infrared ?

Original Poster

mrwhitelabel2 h, 30 m ago

You want thermal camera or infrared ?

I'm open to suggestions..I thought the thermal would be best so I only recorded humans or bigger animals...

jonkellett691 h, 6 m ago

I'm open to suggestions..I thought the thermal would be best so I only …I'm open to suggestions..I thought the thermal would be best so I only recorded humans or bigger animals...

motion detection software in NVRs is pretty good and you can adjust the sensitivity. Thermal cameras will be way out of your expected budget so stick to standard ones

HUKD isnt letting me share this deal, not sure why, but for a 3mp 6 cameras CCTV set i think this is a brilliant price!

swann.com/uk/…506
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants