Found 21st Jan 2010
could it be a problem with the laptop or are some cds 'protected' against copying? sounds like its trying to read it but gives up after a minute or so

1. Misc
  2. CD
  3. Laptop
10 Comments

Original Poster

ok tried another cd which worked so why wont this one? someone must have an idea

scratched ???

Original Poster

kareandy;7615464

scratched ???

no its brand new :x

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7615610

What CD is it? Sony did a few with copy protection, but computers had … What CD is it? Sony did a few with copy protection, but computers had problems, it installed rootkits etc, it crashed and burned and was scrapped quickly.

alicia keys, it is sony so i wonder if theyve started doing it again

greasy finger mark?

Original Poster

hibees;7615845

greasy finger mark?

nope cd is spotless. ive tried numerous times but my lappy just wont have it

donna-lou;7615899

nope cd is spotless. ive tried numerous times but my lappy just wont have … nope cd is spotless. ive tried numerous times but my lappy just wont have it

[FONT=Verdana]
Do you have another computer you can try it on?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;7619460

[FONT=Verdana]Do you have another computer you can try it on?Cheers, … [FONT=Verdana]Do you have another computer you can try it on?Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

nope just this one

ive given up with it lol

donna-lou;7627803

nope just this one ive given up with it lol

Also, looks like there may be software on the disc, and by using this software you can get it to play on your computer. Sadly I dont think itunes or anything like that will play it.

Someone posted it about the Alicia Keys disc on Amazon.

donna-lou;7627803

nope just this one ive given up with it lol

[FONT=Verdana]Sorry to hear that - do you have any friends nearby that you could see about trying it on their computer? That's the only other shot I can think of before considering sending it back.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. saying of the day89412
    2. Stay well this winter, help any vulnerable people you know too1042
    3. Did you know?2953
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51112

See more discussions