Groups

CD WOW ARE AWFULL

Banned
    I pre-ordered resident evil 5 on feb 9th, its now past the release date and they still haven't dispatched it!
    oh and they sent me a snotty email outlining their FAQ's and T+C's when i compared them to game haha.
    Anyone else had a similar experience?

10 Comments

Admin

Got ours from Zavvi, arrived this morning - said goodbye to husband for 3 weeks as he scuttles off to play it!

CD Wow I pre-ordered a DVD for a Christmas present in October, release date was early December
    It arrived in the New Year! On the other hand, with all my other CD Wow orders they've been great and customer services have always been pretty quick.

Banned

I ain't used them for years but just had a quick look at their Bargain Basement blu ray prices....... it's a wonder they got any customers at all!! 20 odd quid for the cheapest!

still waiting for preorder from beginning of feb - wont use them again

churchy2704;4637328

I ain't used them for years but just had a quick look at their Bargain … I ain't used them for years but just had a quick look at their Bargain Basement blu ray prices....... it's a wonder they got any customers at all!! 20 odd quid for the cheapest!

Haha i looked at those today, i was gobsmacked.

I ordered COD 4 from them in February with no mention of delayed delivery. 3 weeks later with no sign of despatch I cancelled the order
    NOT GOOD

i've had loads of bother with them...and broken boxes...don't use them anymore

Original Poster Banned

to conclude...avoid like the plague

Basically a few years ago they used to be great, they are now one of the most expensive retailers out there, except maybe a couple of bargains every now and again. And Cmr Service is pants!!!

Used to always check these out first but now I hardly check them at all.

I used to order loads of dvd's from here and a few cd's as they were the worlds cheapest at the time but after many orders, I kept receiving them at a slower and slower pace and then started receiving damaged items too. :-S

I gave up on them a few years ago and no longer even check the site.

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

Took advantage of this deal on Sunday:
    hotukdeals.com/ite…245

Went to the trouble of creating a new account as I'd never shopped with them before.
    Despite promising the item would be dispatched within 24 hours, it's still "pending dispatch" 3 days later
    I see on their website this notice has now appeared but my order is not even cancelled - I'm left in limbo not knowing what they are doing.

Dear CD WOW Customers,Last weekend we ran a promotion with 85% off a … Dear CD WOW Customers,Last weekend we ran a promotion with 85% off a selection of titles with limited stock available at these prices. This promotion did not go as planned due to a technical issue which meant our system continued to process orders after stock levels at the advertised cheap price sold out. As a result of this issue customers continued to place orders at the special price and we have not been able to fulfil these orders. From time to time CD WOW clears out residual stock from the warehouse which we can offer at an amazing price, and once this quantity has sold out we have to change back to the full price. Customers have been in contact with CD WOW to express their unhappiness at having their orders cancelled at the advertised low price, and we sincerely apologise for this. It was not our intention, and will never be our intention, to advertise offers on our sites which we can’t honour, or to mislead visitors on CD WOW. Sincere Apologies,Mike TateCD WOW Marketing Director

cdwow.com/

It's important to note this does not appear to be that cd-wow areunable to fulfill the order (they are still advertising the item but at over twice the price now), but that they are unwilling to fulfill the order.

I've a feeling that although this was my first order with cd-wow, it could well be my last!

Edit: Order cancelled by CD-Wow 27-March-2009, claiming no stock, yet they are still advertising it on their website at a revised higher price :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047116
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…89
      3. Spotify Family Premium share513
      4. word association Game73944489

See more discussions