Expired

CD30 Replacement Options ... Vauxhall Zafira

Found 7th Mar 2014
Looking at getting a Zafira. It comes with the CD30 media unit.

Does anyone know or can recommend any alternative aftermarket stuff that will fit and replace the CD30?

I believe the CD30 is also used in Astras
Community Updates
AskZafiraVauxhall
12 Comments
It looks like a double din headunit. So you the choice is yours, either go for a double din headunit to replace or buy a faceplate for it so that it converts it into a single din + little storage slot.
Original Poster
j0nnymoe

It looks like a double din headunit. So you the choice is yours, either … It looks like a double din headunit. So you the choice is yours, either go for a double din headunit to replace or buy a faceplate for it so that it converts it into a single din + little storage slot.

Just what I thought. Thanks man!

One more thing. Anyone know if these CD30's play mp3?
missus has a 60 plate and it places mp3 but always best to test.
Mod
To put an aftermarket stereo in, you will need a new facia and a harness adapter. This is for either single or double-din.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mH5zIMtgd7bC_E2GSl1X9zw.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqNHJC8E-m8BedrvBPt3Fd1Mpg~~60_35.JPG

krazyasif786

Just what I thought. Thanks man!One more thing. Anyone know if these … Just what I thought. Thanks man!One more thing. Anyone know if these CD30's play mp3?

Yes it does play MP3s - just connect MP3 player to the standard 3.5mm socket, and select AUX on the CD30
gizmouk

Yes it does play MP3s - just connect MP3 player to the standard 3.5mm … Yes it does play MP3s - just connect MP3 player to the standard 3.5mm socket, and select AUX on the CD30

Hey, how would that be done if you have no aux cable on the CD30? any instructions? Thanks
I have a CD30 in my 06 Astra, it does not play mp3s, nor is there a aux input anywhere in the car!
Also if I have read before about after market stereos, they work fine, however a few people pay a bit extra to get the controls working on the steering wheel. You need a few extra cables/adapters, google it, there is a forum post, with a complete replacement guide and parts needed.
Original Poster
WesD84

Also if I have read before about after market stereos, they work fine, … Also if I have read before about after market stereos, they work fine, however a few people pay a bit extra to get the controls working on the steering wheel. You need a few extra cables/adapters, google it, there is a forum post, with a complete replacement guide and parts needed.

This shows steering wheel control set up aftermarket ... not CD30 but gives you an idea of set up
youtube.com/wat…tiU
Original Poster
WesD84

Also if I have read before about after market stereos, they work fine, … Also if I have read before about after market stereos, they work fine, however a few people pay a bit extra to get the controls working on the steering wheel. You need a few extra cables/adapters, google it, there is a forum post, with a complete replacement guide and parts needed.

This one looks better for steering wheel control set up
youtube.com/wat…D1o
Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement stereo (preferably with CD player at least!) for a Vauxhall Zafira 2003?

I've just bought a late 2011 Zafira and looking to upgrade as it only has a basic cd30 in no aux port and 2 local Vauxhall showrooms said cannot upgrade due to wiring. Which is pretty pants. I've seen a few that come with wiring connectors on eBay and a couple of vids on u tube.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions