Groups

cd,dvd rom help!!

this is going to sound really stupid but my computer plays cd roms and not dvd roms. is there any way i can update my computer i.e install dvd rom programme???

21 Comments

You cannot if it is only a CD player. You'll have to install a DVD player or get an external one.

Banned

Predikuesi;3560224

You cannot if it is only a CD player. You'll have to install a DVD player … You cannot if it is only a CD player. You'll have to install a DVD player or get an external one.

What he said! ^^^^^

You can get em cheap and they are easy to install

Check the drive first though in case there is a problem....if its DVD it will say DVD on it....

For the record I bought a good DVD rewriter for £15...10 min install :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks for the help:thumbsup:

You'll have to find out what DVD drive you'll need (sata/ide) and then install it differently depending which kind of drive you get, so if your not confident with doing that kind of stuff then it would be best to get an external drive (they just plug in the back of your computer) or get someone who knows what there doing to install an internal one for you. If you want to do it yourself theres loads of tutorials on the internet showing you how to install drives! Just do a google =]

Banned

krato;3560334

You'll have to find out what DVD drive you'll need (sata/ide) and then … You'll have to find out what DVD drive you'll need (sata/ide) and then install it differently depending which kind of drive you get, so if your not confident with doing that kind of stuff then it would be best to get an external drive (they just plug in the back of your computer) or get someone who knows what there doing to install an internal one for you. If you want to do it yourself theres loads of tutorials on the internet showing you how to install drives! Just do a google =]

Its pretty easy tbh

Open PC, unclip existing drive...slide out....

Unplug leads...

Unscrew guides from old drive...

Screw into same place on new drive

plug leads into same places on new drive....

Slide in

Clip in

Restart

DONE

krato;3560334

You'll have to find out what DVD drive you'll need (sata/ide) and then … You'll have to find out what DVD drive you'll need (sata/ide) and then install it differently depending which kind of drive you get, so if your not confident with doing that kind of stuff then it would be best to get an external drive (they just plug in the back of your computer) or get someone who knows what there doing to install an internal one for you. If you want to do it yourself theres loads of tutorials on the internet showing you how to install drives! Just do a google =]

IF HE HAS ONLY GOT CD ROM ITS UNLIKLEY IT WILL BE A SATA EQUIPED BOARD
    GET ONE OF THESE PAL
    scan.co.uk/Pro…oem

Course its easy but some people prefer not to open their case! I was just giving options And I know it will most likey be IDE, but if someones made it for them it could well be a SATA equipped board! IDE you may need to set jumpers too

Original Poster

sounds a bit hard:oops: just looked, the external ones are pricier aren't they:thinking:

Banned

krato;3560398

Course its easy but some people prefer not to open their case! I was just … Course its easy but some people prefer not to open their case! I was just giving options

And I was just giving a quick guide :?

Banned

brangelina;3560405

sounds a bit hard:oops:

Its really easy tbh hun...but if you dont fancy that you can get an external that just connects via USB...not as good though imho

brangelina;3560405

sounds a bit hard:oops:

NA ITS EASY,ONCE YOU UNDO YOUR CASE YOU WILL SEE ITS EASY IF YOU CAN SETUP A FREEVIEW BOX TO A TV YOU CAN DO THIS

Personally if you don't know what your doing, either ask a friend to install one for you (I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who can do it) or external drive as ODB says =] theres loads of options when it comes to drives and we don't know what your set up is so no one can say its going to be completely easy for you or 1 set of instructions will apply to it.. as they wont!

Banned

raptorcigs;3560418

NA ITS EASY,ONCE YOU UNDO YOUR CASE YOU WILL SEE ITS EASY IF YOU CAN … NA ITS EASY,ONCE YOU UNDO YOUR CASE YOU WILL SEE ITS EASY IF YOU CAN SETUP A FREEVIEW BOX TO A TV YOU CAN DO THIS

Agreed...much easier than it sounds!

krato;3560436

Personally if you don't know what your doing, either ask a friend to … Personally if you don't know what your doing, either ask a friend to install one for you (I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who can do it) or external drive as ODB says =] theres loads of options when it comes to drives and we don't know what your set up is so no one can say its going to be completely easy for you or 1 set of instructions will apply to it.. as they wont!

YOUR AVVY IS COOL:thumbsup:

What Bug Is It?

[SIZE=3]Thanks, It's some kind of moth lol[/SIZE]

clicky:

]http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6853/2008130934189774hd1.th.jpg]http://img123.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Banned

krato;3560630

[SIZE=3]Thanks, It's some kind of moth lol[/SIZE]clicky:]]

Giant Leopard Moth :thumbsup:

en.wikipedia.org/wik…oth

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/GiantLeopardMoth.jpg

awesome! howd you know that?

Wow 3 Inch Wingspan

Original Poster

scary!!!!!!!!! quite pretty too though,as long as it's just a picture!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121027
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7281384
      3. word association Game74044580
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …44

See more discussions