Groups

Cdiscount - Can you see where this item says it's refurbished?

cdiscount.co.uk/Com…c82

I can't see where it says it's refurbished, maybe it does and I'm being blind?

Just wanting to check before I go crazy at them for sending me a refurbished item when they sold it new!

Thanks!

45 Comments

Banned

cant actually see where it says new either so?

send it back

Bit of an odd page with payment methods popping up but I can't see any mention of refurbished. It does seem to be out of stock though now.

Does this site sell a mixture of new and refurbished?
    If so, send it back.

No mate, they are taking the mickey, especially putting RRP of a new one to compare their sale price to!

Original Poster

casparwhite;6228766

cant actually see where it says new either so?send it back

I would assume everything is new unless it says otherwise.

Original Poster

chesso;6228776

Bit of an odd page with payment methods popping up but I can't see any … Bit of an odd page with payment methods popping up but I can't see any mention of refurbished. It does seem to be out of stock though now.

Bought it a few weeks back.

Glad to see no one else can see it say refurbished.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6228780

Does this site sell a mixture of new and refurbished?If so, send it back.

Probably, I bet they'll want me to pay for the return. And they won't supply a new one like what I wanted!

Jake1983;6228860

No mate, they are taking the mickey, especially putting RRP of a new one … No mate, they are taking the mickey, especially putting RRP of a new one to compare their sale price to!

Thought they were taking the mickey.

Who wants to bet that the Cdisount rep will be along any minute to tell me to phone them to sort it out (keep me quiet!).

Guarenteed they'll say it was just a mistake, funny mistake to make, selling a return as new! They should be keeping them well apart!

Dear customers
    We do not in any way supply either second hand or refurbished products and if we find we have been supplied such products by the manufactures we will take immediate action to resolve.
    We have removed this product from sale and would ask any customer who feels they have refurbished products to contact us immediately on 0845 6886060 and we will either replace or refund the item for you.
    We will also now be contacting every customer who has purchased this product to make sure they are happy and if not we will resolve.
    Kind regards

Customer services

Original Poster

cdiscount_uk;6229143

Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or … Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or refurbished products and if we find we have been supplied such products by the manufactures we will take immediate action to resolve.We have removed this product from sale and would ask any customer who feels they have refurbished products to contact us immediately on 0845 6886060 and we will either replace or refund the item for you.We will also now be contacting every customer who has purchased this product to make sure they are happy and if not we will resolve.Kind regardsCustomer services

When did you find out about this?

When will you contact every customer who bought one by?

Why on earth did no-one notice? I'll quote for you from your own materials:

"Your order has been checked before despatch to ensure that you receive the correct goods"

The biggest writing on the whole box should have give you a clue:

[SIZE="5"]"HP Renew Program"[/SIZE]

All over the rest of the box:

"As new"

"Rmkt PC"

"Logistics Asset Recovery Center"

I'm no genius but it didn't take me long to look at the box and realise what I'd received!

What are you going to be offering the customers, refund, replacement, any gesture of goodwill for time wasted waiting in for the item, presumably I'm going to have to wait in for you to pick it up again, then wait in again for a replacement?

Banned

cdiscount_uk;6229143

Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or … Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or refurbished products and if we find we have been supplied such products by the manufactures we will take immediate action to resolve.We have removed this product from sale and would ask any customer who feels they have refurbished products to contact us immediately on 0845 6886060 and we will either replace or refund the item for you.We will also now be contacting every customer who has purchased this product to make sure they are happy and if not we will resolve.Kind regardsCustomer services

its sold out:roll:

Benjimoron;6229355

When did you find out about this?When will you contact every customer who … When did you find out about this?When will you contact every customer who bought one by?Why on earth did no-one notice? I'll quote for you from your own materials: "Your order has been checked before despatch to ensure that you receive the correct goods"The biggest writing on the whole box should have give you a clue:[SIZE="5"]"HP Renew Program"[/SIZE]All over the rest of the box:"As new""Rmkt PC""Logistics Asset Recovery Center"I'm no genius but it didn't take me long to look at the box and realise what I'd received!What are you going to be offering the customers, refund, replacement, any gesture of goodwill for time wasted waiting in for the item, presumably I'm going to have to wait in for you to pick it up again, then wait in again for a replacement?

I'd be amazed if that cdiscount rep entered this thread again. all he ever does is appear miraculously whenever cdiscount is mentioned and tell the op to call.

Original Poster

ants97;6229462

I'd be amazed if that cdiscount rep entered this thread again. all he … I'd be amazed if that cdiscount rep entered this thread again. all he ever does is appear miraculously whenever cdiscount is mentioned and tell the op to call.

Benjimoron;6229031

Who wants to bet that the Cdisount rep will be along any minute to tell … Who wants to bet that the Cdisount rep will be along any minute to tell me to phone them to sort it out (keep me quiet!).

Thought as much!

They're all reasonable questions so I don't see why they shouldn't return to answer them, unless they've something to hide.

To add to my questions:

I assume I won't have to pay for the return, it would be collected at Cdiscount's expense?

Original Poster

casparwhite;6229426

its sold out:roll:

Maybe that's what he means by removed from sale?

Although I would question when they found out and what they've done since to alert people who bought them. If they only found out an hour ago then maybe fair enough, but if they found out several days ago I would have some serious questions about why they haven't contacted me yet.

Banned

Benjimoron;6229524

Maybe that's what he means by removed from sale? Although I would … Maybe that's what he means by removed from sale? Although I would question when they found out and what they've done since to alert people who bought them. If they only found out an hour ago then maybe fair enough, but if they found out several days ago I would have some serious questions about why they haven't contacted me yet.

they are full of crap.....i ordered the deal of the day and had the cash taken out of my account straight away

the next day i got a phone call saying that i had been refused a credit check??......after they had taken the cash from my account already and then told me i couldnt have it at that price as it had gone back to full price

so i had needless credit checks done on me which apparently is company procedure for debit card purchases after the money has been taken in full:?

idiots

Benjomoron
    We have been in contact with HP and they have advised us that this stock has been returned to HP due to a business liquidating. All stock that HP recover in this way goes through there “Renew Program” and is processes in the same operation as new stock and is returned back to stock as completely new, never opened.
    HP then regards this as new stock and ships it out to resellers such as us.
    We can absolutely guarantee this is brand new stock however if you wish to return it then please just contact us
    Kind regards

Customer services

Original Poster

casparwhite;6229594

they are full of crap.....i ordered the deal of the day and had the cash … they are full of crap.....i ordered the deal of the day and had the cash taken out of my account straight awaythe next day i got a phone call saying that i had been refused a credit check??......after they had taken the cash from my account already and then told me i couldnt have it at that price as it had gone back to full priceso i had needless credit checks done on me which apparently is company procedure for debit card purchases after the money has been taken in full:?idiots

You sure the money was actually taken, not just reserved? Did you end up with 2 transactions showing on your statement? One in and one out?

I assume you paid via 3 installments? I wasn't aware they did credit checks for that although it makes sense I suppose.

Original Poster

cdiscount_uk;6229626

BenjomoronWe have been in contact with HP and they have advised us that … BenjomoronWe have been in contact with HP and they have advised us that this stock has been returned to HP due to a business liquidating. All stock that HP recover in this way goes through there “Renew Program” and is processes in the same operation as new stock and is returned back to stock as completely new, never opened.HP then regards this as new stock and ships it out to resellers such as us.We can absolutely guarantee this is brand new stock however if you wish to return it then please just contact usKind regardsCustomer services

That's a lie for a start, I can very clearly see where the box has been previously opened as I can see where the previous tape was ripped off taking some of the box with it!

Back as you were then, and I'd still appreciate you answering the questions I asked you unless there's something to hide?

Banned

Benjimoron;6229637

You sure the money was actually taken, not just reserved? Did you end up … You sure the money was actually taken, not just reserved? Did you end up with 2 transactions showing on your statement? One in and one out?I assume you paid via 3 installments? I wasn't aware they did credit checks for that although it makes sense I suppose.

yeah it was reserved as thats how the banks work but it was over the weekend and it wasnt reversed for around 5 days or so as 2 seperate tranacstions show on my account......i spoke with my bank who said it was waiting to be claimed i then spoke with their payment company third eye or whoever who apologised for the error and said they would rectify it as i wasnt applying for credit....rang back cdiscount to be told i had to pay full price which was £80 more than when i ordered it.........sod em!

i didnt apply for credit i paid for it outright as i havnt lived in this country permanently for years i know my credit rating isnt great and i have no need for credit and wasnt expecting credit checks to be done on items being paid for in full!!

bunch of retards:-D

Original Poster

Well they replied to my questions, but chose to do it via PM rather than in public.

Could you put your answers on this thread please, where I asked the questions.

Thanks.

cdiscount_uk;6229143

Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or … Dear customersWe do not in any way supply either second hand or refurbished products and if we find we have been supplied such products by the manufactures we will take immediate action to resolve.We have removed this product from sale and would ask any customer who feels they have refurbished products to contact us immediately on 0845 6886060 and we will either [SIZE="5"]replace[/SIZE] or refund the item for you.We will also now be contacting every customer who has purchased this product to make sure they are happy and if not we will resolve.Kind regardsCustomer services

When I bought an item in one of your sales I received a second hand product. When I rang your "customer services" they said I COULD NOT exchange it for a new one, I had to return it and buy another one at full price. The CS said you do not offer replacements, only refunds, but you've stated you do???

Lilsmithy

As we are a relative new business we are always looking at ways of improving our service and recently we have developed our systems to enable us to replace any faulty or damaged product on behalf of the customer.
    Kind regards

Customer Services

You've been had anyway buying that, you can buy ebuyer.com/pro…667 with far better specs for £80 less!

Not if it was purchased during the 20% (40%) cashback promotion.

Cdiscount once sent me a 3.5" hard drive (bare, no enclosure) in a jiffy bag, no other protection. :w00t:

cdiscount_uk;6230174

LilsmithyAs we are a relative new business we are always looking at ways … LilsmithyAs we are a relative new business we are always looking at ways of improving our service and recently we have developed our systems to enable us to replace any faulty or damaged product on behalf of the customer.Kind regardsCustomer Services

Thank you for clarifying. Just a shame it's taken you so long to use this system :x

cdiscount_uk;6229626

BenjomoronWe have been in contact with HP and they have advised us that … BenjomoronWe have been in contact with HP and they have advised us that this stock has been returned to HP due to a business liquidating. All stock that HP recover in this way goes through there “Renew Program” and is processes in the same operation as new stock and is returned back to stock as completely new, never opened.HP then regards this as new stock and ships it out to resellers such as us.We can absolutely guarantee this is brand new stock however if you wish to return it then please just contact usKind regardsCustomer services

Benjimoron;6229677

That's a lie for a start, I can very clearly see where the box has been … That's a lie for a start, I can very clearly see where the box has been previously opened as I can see where the previous tape was ripped off taking some of the box with it!Back as you were then, and I'd still appreciate you answering the questions I asked you unless there's something to hide?

It looks like to me that Cdiscount are having problem's with there suppliers in general, as they let me order a item & took my money but iv since found out after me calling them out its out of stock & there supliers have let them down with delivering the stock to them. ITs now been 2 & half weeks since my order got placed not sure yet how long i should leave it before i cancel it

abomination;6230230

Not if it was purchased during the 20% (40%) cashback promotion.Cdiscount … Not if it was purchased during the 20% (40%) cashback promotion.Cdiscount once sent me a 3.5" hard drive (bare, no enclosure) in a jiffy bag, no other protection. :w00t:

Wow, shocking is that.

Original Poster

peodude;6230210

You've been had anyway buying that, you can buy … You've been had anyway buying that, you can buy http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164667 with far better specs for £80 less!

That doesn't have an OS for a start!

Benjimoron;6230292

That doesn't have an OS for a start!

Indeed, and a copy of Vista OEM is available on ebuyer for £80, so all in all, the same price as this system. :thumbsup:

So

- Much Better Processor
    - Double RAM
    - Bigger Hard Drive

I don't know how the graphhics compare, the HP system may just edge that. But overall, the other is a much better system, plus, it's brand new

Banned

peodude;6230337

Indeed, and a copy of Vista OEM is available on ebuyer for £80, so all in … Indeed, and a copy of Vista OEM is available on ebuyer for £80, so all in all, the same price as this system. :thumbsup:So- Much Better Processor- Double RAM- Bigger Hard DriveI don't know how the graphhics compare, the HP system may just edge that. But overall, the other is a much better system, plus, it's brand new

how is a no brand budget pc better than a hp exactly?

casparwhite;6230395

how is a no brand budget pc better than a hp exactly?

Haa haa, fooled by the badging. A HP etc. will use exactly the same components as in the "no brand" one. And, some, like Dell, even use inferior parts.

peodude;6230415

Haa haa, fooled by the badging. A HP etc. will use exactly the same … Haa haa, fooled by the badging. A HP etc. will use exactly the same components as in the "no brand" one. And, some, like Dell, even use inferior parts.

I'd agree with this.

All you're getting with HP is the warranty and the name.

You'll get a warranty with eBuyer too.

Same as a pair of Hi-tech trainers.

does the same as a pair of nike or adidas.

Banned

peodude;6230415

Haa haa, fooled by the badging. A HP etc. will use exactly the same … Haa haa, fooled by the badging. A HP etc. will use exactly the same components as in the "no brand" one. And, some, like Dell, even use inferior parts.

yeah but why are they a large known respected company?

Banned

t0mm;6230435

I'd agree with this.All you're getting with HP is the warranty and the … I'd agree with this.All you're getting with HP is the warranty and the name.You'll get a warranty with eBuyer too.Same as a pair of Hi-tech trainers.does the same as a pair of nike or adidas.

no they dont......

casparwhite;6230451

no they dont......

Definition of trainers:
    An athletic shoe is a generic name for footwear designed for sporting and physical activities, and is different in style and build than a dress shoe.

Hi-tech and adidas are just a make..

Please don't let me ask you 'What drugs are you on'

Banned

t0mm;6230470

Definition of trainers:An athletic shoe is a generic name for footwear … Definition of trainers:An athletic shoe is a generic name for footwear designed for sporting and physical activities, and is different in style and build than a dress shoe.Hi-tech and adidas are just a make..Please don't let me ask you 'What drugs are you on'

now you are showing your ignorance in more ways than 1

let me know if you can have an adult discussion.....

casparwhite;6230484

now you are showing your ignorance in more ways than 1let me know if you … now you are showing your ignorance in more ways than 1let me know if you can have an adult discussion.....

Shoes are shoes.
    Trainers are trainers.

All the difference are is the brand name.

All are made in sweatshops where people are on a low pay.

All are made with cheap materials.

Hi-tech just don't majorly inflate it.

You started off well Tomm, and then went down hill, i agree with you agreeing with me, but i can't agree with your trainers analogy. They aren't the same quality as Adidas.

peodude;6230564

You started off well Tomm, and then went down hill, i agree with you … You started off well Tomm, and then went down hill, i agree with you agreeing with me, but i can't agree with your trainers analogy. They aren't the same quality as Adidas.

Where did I mention quality:w00t:.

Please tell me and I'll remove it.

The thing I meant is.

A pair of trainers is a pair of trainers regardless of make.

The thing that sways people is the badge.

Hence why I used it as an example to what you said...

Sorry for any misunderstanding :thumbsup:.

Banned

t0mm;6230507

Shoes are shoes.Trainers are trainers..

to a certain point you are correct if all you belive they do is go on the end of your leg

All the difference are is the brand name.

no millions are spent on prduct development, technology, comfort etc... you are daft if you think wearing a pair of asda trainers do the same thing as a pair of asics or nikes etc

All are made in sweatshops where people are on a low pay.

low pay for who exactly? you and me yes.....but if we were living where they live then wages are in line with the economy, you cant pay english wages to a factory worker in thailand it would reck havoc....

All are made with cheap materials.

again incorrect some of the expensive trainers are made of the latest fabrics

Hi-tech just don't majorly inflate it

.[/QUOTE]

you dont seem to have an idea of basic economics im afraid
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop screen backlight issue12
      2. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..59
      3. Xbox one region11
      4. Best Handheld Emulator?1221

See more discussions