CDKeys FB code now only valid 2x per customer

Found 5th Apr 2017
CDKeys have changed their terms of use for the 5% code on FB, you can now only use it twice - ever.

Today I tried to apply several of their codes and none worked, so I raised a ticket (I made a purchase no problem yesterday).
The response I received is that although I've been able to use the 5% code with every one of my prior orders, I can no longer use them.

They'll probably have an influx of people registering new accounts based on the above.

I'll be going through Quidco from now on, not as much discount but better than nothing.
Community Updates
15 Comments
Boo, new account time!
their page said it worked that way forever I think, they are finally actually enforcing it I guess, thats gonna be terrible for me at least.
So will the discount still work as long as you create a new account?
Boooooooooo
Banned
Quidco always worked for me while using the 5% discount
Banned
darkspace100

So will the discount still work as long as you create a new account?

Don't see why not
Marcoos

Don't see why not

I was doing that already tbh. After using the code twice it wouldn't allow me until I created another account. Its a bit of a hassle as you also need to create a new email account to receive the code but its still better than paying rrp.
Banned
darkspace100

I was doing that already tbh. After using the code twice it wouldn't … I was doing that already tbh. After using the code twice it wouldn't allow me until I created another account. Its a bit of a hassle as you also need to create a new email account to receive the code but its still better than paying rrp.

It's still less than rrp without the discount, well certainly for PSN credit, which I tend to use them for
Marcoos

It's still less than rrp without the discount, well certainly for PSN … It's still less than rrp without the discount, well certainly for PSN credit, which I tend to use them for

True. This is why I have gone all digital on PS4. When you combine cheaper PSN credit and PSN sales then games can be very cheap. I can't remember the last time I used a disc tbh.
so just make a new account
Banned
darkspace100

True. This is why I have gone all digital on PS4. When you combine … True. This is why I have gone all digital on PS4. When you combine cheaper PSN credit and PSN sales then games can be very cheap. I can't remember the last time I used a disc tbh.

Pretty much the same, unless it's something I want day 1 then physical is the way to go. But most times I can wait
I never used code before but can't seem to get a voucher code I liked there FB pages but says expired or not valid etc
Banned
thegamer147

I never used code before but can't seem to get a voucher code I liked … I never used code before but can't seem to get a voucher code I liked there FB pages but says expired or not valid etc

Are you signed into your cdkeys account?
Marcoos

Are you signed into your cdkeys account?

working now on PC
does anyone know when voucher offer finishes want to get 12M PS+ in May
Edited by: "thegamer147" 6th Apr 2017
thegamer147

working now on PC does anyone know when voucher offer finishes want to … working now on PC does anyone know when voucher offer finishes want to get 12M PS+ in May

​It's a long-term ongoing promotion.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants