CDKEYS.com Elder Scrolls ONLINE CODES BANNED!!

Found 26th May 2015
Just had my account blocked by elder scrolls online, said that after a month of playing that the code i purchased was a stolen code.

I purchased this from cdkeys.com,

HEADS UP

23 Comments

That's always a danger when buying from grey market key resellers, unfortunately - there's no way for the customer to tell the source of the key. That aside, I'd suggest that you get in touch with CDKeys and ask them for a refund, and perhaps reply to the notification of your account being banned to explain the circumstances - you may at least be able to get the ban lifted if you arrange payment by other means.

Original Poster

Illusionary

That's always a danger when buying from grey market key resellers, … That's always a danger when buying from grey market key resellers, unfortunately - there's no way for the customer to tell the source of the key. That aside, I'd suggest that you get in touch with CDKeys and ask them for a refund, and perhaps reply to the notification of your account being banned to explain the circumstances - you may at least be able to get the ban lifted if you arrange payment by other means.

Cdkeys just gave me a refund:

Paul J Paul J (cdkeys.com)26 May, 20:22Hi Jamie,I'm very sorry to hear … Paul J Paul J (cdkeys.com)26 May, 20:22Hi Jamie,I'm very sorry to hear of the issue that you have encountered with your purchase. There certainly hasn't been any untoward activity on our part but clearly something has gone wrong at some stage in the supply chain.We will investigate this with ZeniMax and get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, we have issued you with a full refund.Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this will no doubt have caused.Kind Regards,Paul JSupport Manager | cdkeys.com

Anyone else wanting to buy a digital code, use these: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/

not much more expensive than cdkeys and are on the official partners list of the elderscrolls online page of recommended sellers.

29.99 standard unlimited 57.99 imperial edition, still A LOT cheaper than from the official site.
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 26th May 2015

thank you for letting us know I ferl more confident shopping there knowing they are reasonable in this scenario, if you buy a new key do you get your account back or do you have to start fresh?

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

thank you for letting us know I ferl more confident shopping there … thank you for letting us know I ferl more confident shopping there knowing they are reasonable in this scenario, if you buy a new key do you get your account back or do you have to start fresh?

Just redeem the new game code and carry on, they keep your account active so you don't lose anything. (Thank god!)

Just send you an email (that went into my junk) telling you they have refunded the game code as its on the list of fraudulent ones bought in bulk from steam using a stolen credit card.

And to contact the store you bought it from for a refund, cdkeys did not hesitate to process the refund, no questions asked. That's not really the point though is it.

Looking through the list of verified sellers, I found one with the game discounted, (Metaboli / Gamesplanet) (actually sent me to uk.Gamesplanet) I redeemed the code and a note came up as from a verified partner on the confirmation page which made me happy too.
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 27th May 2015

Glad to hear CDKeys sorted this out for you quickly with the refund; never heard of any problems with them before this.

why the hell are you paying for a redundant game which is going to go f2p?

Original Poster

Lucifer_UK

no idea what you mean but please feel free to elaborate?

CDKeys sent me a Dying Light code but it's only the DLC not the Full Game.
Nearly a month now and still no refund from them

DudeyGeeza

no idea what you mean but please feel free to elaborate?

This game is turning F2P soon (Free to play) What you are buying is to just beta-test it early.

eloo

This game is turning F2P soon (Free to play) What you are buying is to … This game is turning F2P soon (Free to play) What you are buying is to just beta-test it early.

I know they have dropped the monthly subscription, but I'm sure it still has to purchased, never seen anything about it going free to play.

Original Poster

No, it is early access, no need to buy it again, it is free to play once bought, they removed the need to have a monthly subscription. It will never be free to download (no purchase price)
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 28th May 2015

Lucifer_UK

not sure where you get your info, but as someone who played beta, took a few months away & has now returned to it, i can honestly say it has greatly improved.

If by 'redundant' you mean no-one plays it, then you obviously haven't played on the PC EU server lately, in any alliance. Starter zones are all very busy, even more so at 'peak times' as the game is very easy to pick up & play without the need to log in everyday.

Also, f2p means FREE TO PLAY, as in, you don't need to spend any money on it. At the moment, once you have purchased the game, you no longer HAVE to pay a subscription. A subscription option is available but as the game doesn't have any DLC packs released yet, it's not really worth subbing as the other perks are minimal.

Its a great game, and the majority of players are pretty nice & helpful. You don't meet many people there who criticize your choice of purchases due to incorrect information (_;)

CDkeys will refund you or replace it, I'd take the risk happily if buying a code.

Pay by paypal for added protection.

CDKeys are dodgy. Never buy from them.

WiggyDiggyPoo

CDkeys will refund you or replace it, I'd take the risk happily if buying … CDkeys will refund you or replace it, I'd take the risk happily if buying a code.Pay by paypal for added protection.

ive had 2 claims in with paypals against cdkeys and both have been rejected by paypal. stay away from cdkeys.

Just for a bit of balance, I've bought from cdkeys multiple times and not had any issues

benjamaphone

Just for a bit of balance, I've bought from cdkeys multiple times and not … Just for a bit of balance, I've bought from cdkeys multiple times and not had any issues

not really balance though is it as should not be happening at all

brilly

not really balance though is it as should not be happening at all

True, but I was just sharing my experiences so people can make an informed decision. Nothing wrong with that.

benjamaphone

True, but I was just sharing my experiences so people can make an … True, but I was just sharing my experiences so people can make an informed decision. Nothing wrong with that.

pretty much everywhere is going to have at least 1 or 2 successful transactions

Bought 8 or 9 codes from them. I think all have been scanned images of scratch cards and all codes worked. Could not read one or two but on both occasions they supplied replacements within a few hours. Definitely use them again and there are plenty of deals posted on here for them with lots of satisfied customers...

Original Poster

gari189

Bought 8 or 9 codes from them. I think all have been scanned images of … Bought 8 or 9 codes from them. I think all have been scanned images of scratch cards and all codes worked. Could not read one or two but on both occasions they supplied replacements within a few hours. Definitely use them again and there are plenty of deals posted on here for them with lots of satisfied customers...

in my situation, apparently cdkeys purchased a bulk stock of keys but these were bought with a stolen credit card, it took a month for ESO to realise and just banned all of the accounts attached to those keys, not the users fault, and cdkeys did supply me with a new code within a day of a few emails.

My point being is that though they sorted me out as a seller, they quite clearly deal in shady practices acquiring the keys they sell. Just doing it to as many as they can to see how long they can get away with it.

As a buyer, as long as they keep refunding or providing new keys, i guess how the logistics of their company works probably shouldnt bother me, or should it? buying cheap stolen goods from your local addict until you get caught, but its fine as theyll only turn up on your doorstep with another one to replace it if you have an issue...

brilly

pretty much everywhere is going to have at least 1 or 2 successful … pretty much everywhere is going to have at least 1 or 2 successful transactions

Haha well I shall consider myself very lucky! X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions