CDW for rentals

Posted 22nd Feb
Anyone have any recommendations for insurance you can take out that would allow you to claim back the excess you need to pay the car hire firm in the event of an incident/accident etc?

So, the context is that I would hire a car from a well known global hire firm such as Avis, Hertz etc
This would come with CDW. However, there would be an excess of somewhere between £250 and £1000 depending on circumstances.
I'm looking for something that would allow me to claim back the excess after I've paid it to the car hire firm if there was a problem.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Moneysavingexpert is your friend here
We purchased ours from icarhireinsurance.com after looking on MSE website.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 22nd Feb
What is the collective term for that kind of insurance?
Uranus22/02/2020 17:05

What is the collective term for that kind of insurance?

Car Hire Excess Insurance
I used Worldwideinsure last year £47 for 2 weeks cover cdw
Thanks all.
matthews947922/02/2020 17:10

I used Worldwideinsure last year £47 for 2 weeks cover cdw

Isn't that a bit pricey?
The quotes I'm seeing for annual worldwide cover are starting at just under £40.
Toptrumpet22/02/2020 17:05

We purchased ours from icarhireinsurance.com after looking on MSE website.

They are coming out at £70 for just the excess insurance alone - annual worldwide. Their quote for excess + cdw is £110. This seems to compare very badly againts the £40 quotes from others via that maxim site.
Am I missing something here?
Uranus22/02/2020 18:29

They are coming out at £70 for just the excess insurance alone - annual …They are coming out at £70 for just the excess insurance alone - annual worldwide. Their quote for excess + cdw is £110. This seems to compare very badly againts the £40 quotes from others via that maxim site.Am I missing something here?

I’ve only got European cover, for 2 aged around 50, came out about £45 I think.
Perhaps someone else can help with worldwide cover.
Insurance4carhire.
Uranus22/02/2020 18:14

Isn't that a bit pricey?The quotes I'm seeing for annual worldwide cover …Isn't that a bit pricey?The quotes I'm seeing for annual worldwide cover are starting at just under £40.

That was for cdw as well,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants