CEC/Easylink HDMI Audio Issue

Found 6th Jan
Hi, I have a Sony Soundstage HT-XT1 and a Phillips 43PUP6362 4K TV.

The Soundstage also acts as a HDMI extension, meaning I can plug devices into the back of the Soundstage as it has 3 HDMI ports. It's plugged into the TV via the HDMI 1 Arc socket.

The issue I'm having is with HDMI 2 and 3 on the TV. I'm plugging an Xbox and PS4 into these, but can't get the audio to come through the soundstage? I've enabled 'easylink' on the TV. But this means I get no sound. If I disable it, I get sound through the TV speakers.

Any ideas? I'm sure this was working fine a few weeks ago when I bought the TV but it's not now at all.

I've noticed this since plugging my Chromecast into the back of the Xbox when fiddling around. I also noticed 4k was disabled on my Xbox too so had to re-enable that at the same time.

Please help!

Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
14 Comments
Sometimes you get conflict with CEC as like scart control it's a free for all doesn't work all the time.
kester762 m ago

Sometimes you get conflict with CEC as like scart control it's a free for …Sometimes you get conflict with CEC as like scart control it's a free for all doesn't work all the time.

So basically, I can't use this TV with my Soundstage?
Not sure if you can, but could I connect an optical cable from the TV to the soundstage too, and use optical for HDMI 2 and 3, but HDMI 1 still be utilising the ARC feature to deliver sound to what is plugged into the soundstage?
superfreddy2 h, 51 m ago

Not sure if you can, but could I connect an optical cable from the TV to …Not sure if you can, but could I connect an optical cable from the TV to the soundstage too, and use optical for HDMI 2 and 3, but HDMI 1 still be utilising the ARC feature to deliver sound to what is plugged into the soundstage?

No idea but I assume everything plugged into the TV and optical only to sound bar. ARC and CEC can probmatic and I have issues with my Sony amp and LG TV where it sometimes bounces between HDMI source and TV ARC. Annoying but unless you buy the same brand you will risk this
I'm not familiar with the Philips interface but I'd expect sound output/ARC to be a seperate setting to CEC so are you sure you've enabled it in the first place?
EndlessWaves14 m ago

I'm not familiar with the Philips interface but I'd expect sound …I'm not familiar with the Philips interface but I'd expect sound output/ARC to be a seperate setting to CEC so are you sure you've enabled it in the first place?

Yes I have. I've selected the hdmi audio system.

I've tried everything. I'm guessing the other HDMI ports won't output to the soundstage, only HDMI 1 will output to it. Just hoping HDMI 2 and 3 will output via optical.

Like I said, my Sony Bravia TV had no issues, but I guess this is because it's a different brand entirely.
superfreddy21 m ago

Yes I have. I've selected the hdmi audio system. I've tried everything. …Yes I have. I've selected the hdmi audio system. I've tried everything. I'm guessing the other HDMI ports won't output to the soundstage, only HDMI 1 will output to it. Just hoping HDMI 2 and 3 will output via optical.Like I said, my Sony Bravia TV had no issues, but I guess this is because it's a different brand entirely.

Pretty much everything will output from the TV optical. SPDIF/TOS doesn't have any protection that I know of but I doubt that would be an issue any more than analogue or Bluetooth.
kester761 h, 0 m ago

Pretty much everything will output from the TV optical. SPDIF/TOS doesn't …Pretty much everything will output from the TV optical. SPDIF/TOS doesn't have any protection that I know of but I doubt that would be an issue any more than analogue or Bluetooth.

Cheers. I'll try when I get home. I'm hoping optical will mean HDMI 2 and 3 will output to the speaker, and then HDMI1 will continue to act as arc and the devices into the back of the soundstage will still work.
superfreddy3 h, 47 m ago

Cheers. I'll try when I get home. I'm hoping optical will mean HDMI 2 and …Cheers. I'll try when I get home. I'm hoping optical will mean HDMI 2 and 3 will output to the speaker, and then HDMI1 will continue to act as arc and the devices into the back of the soundstage will still work.

I wouldn't even bother with the HDMI and just use the optical output from the TV. I push all sound through my amp and never use the crappy speakers in my TV. Only time I use my TV ARC return used to be for YouTube, Prime video and Netflix. My amazon fire stick destroys my TV so I just use that now or my Sky Q box for YouTube.
kester7642 m ago

I wouldn't even bother with the HDMI and just use the optical output from …I wouldn't even bother with the HDMI and just use the optical output from the TV. I push all sound through my amp and never use the crappy speakers in my TV. Only time I use my TV ARC return used to be for YouTube, Prime video and Netflix. My amazon fire stick destroys my TV so I just use that now or my Sky Q box for YouTube.

I'd love to, but I need multiple HDMI ports - PS4/Xbox One/Sky Q/Blu-Ray Player/Chromecast/Wii U
superfreddy1 h, 46 m ago

I'd love to, but I need multiple HDMI ports - PS4/Xbox One/Sky Q/Blu-Ray …I'd love to, but I need multiple HDMI ports - PS4/Xbox One/Sky Q/Blu-Ray Player/Chromecast/Wii U

I would just buy a 4k/hdr ready cheap home cinema with all that stuff if your TV only supports 4K HDR on one port. You can pick up speakers for about £30 2nd hand that will do a better job than most sound bars.
I don't own a 4k setup at the moment as I have to swap out both my amp and TV but it sorts out the messing around with lack of inputs especially if you're adding in legacy hardware that requires multi channel sound or component connections.
kester762 h, 29 m ago

I would just buy a 4k/hdr ready cheap home cinema with all that stuff if …I would just buy a 4k/hdr ready cheap home cinema with all that stuff if your TV only supports 4K HDR on one port. You can pick up speakers for about £30 2nd hand that will do a better job than most sound bars. I don't own a 4k setup at the moment as I have to swap out both my amp and TV but it sorts out the messing around with lack of inputs especially if you're adding in legacy hardware that requires multi channel sound or component connections.

I've kind of sorted it... Optical cable from soundstage into TV. This means audio from HDMI 2 and 3 are transferred to the soundstage now. Not ideal as the HDMI arc thing should work.
superfreddy44 m ago

I've kind of sorted it... Optical cable from soundstage into TV. This …I've kind of sorted it... Optical cable from soundstage into TV. This means audio from HDMI 2 and 3 are transferred to the soundstage now. Not ideal as the HDMI arc thing should work.

What did HDMI arc give you extra ?
kester7615 m ago

What did HDMI arc give you extra ?

It means I get 3 extra HDMI inputs to my TV at the back of the soundstage
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions