Groups

ceiling strip lighting

hi everyone

getting the house rewired so Mrs fancies some strip lighting in the ceiling in various places for level evening light. I'll probably have a word with the electrician too but just wondering from people who have had it fitted, what did they go for? costs? i'll need some decent metres. did you hard wire them into the main circuit for the house? the kid in me obviously wants to go for changing colour ones. hey, if im installing them then why not. Id love to be able to control it from ym phone but that means it'll have to be from a proper brand thus paying the premium.

anyway, looking for advice really. I do trust my electrician and I know of a local electrical shop where ive gone before to buy bulbs. just a case of I want to buy it for as cheap as possible really if I can. and also get some ideas from people who have them already installed.

thanks

7 Comments

Do you mean running led up lighting ?

Original Poster

kester76

Do you mean running led up lighting ?

led strip lighting, the one that is embedded in the ceiling, like around the edges of a room.

You can buy rolls of the stuff that join together to make any size you want they usually plug into a socket via a transformer and have a remote control to change the colours or have them to slowly scroll through the colours automatically
    Edited by: "ding" 7th Apr

EN1GMA

led strip lighting, the one that is embedded in the ceiling, like around … led strip lighting, the one that is embedded in the ceiling, like around the edges of a room.

​It's not in the ceiling but the coving in strips. You can power it off an old PC PSU and just run it with a pi zero.

Original Poster

thanks guys. i'll have a word with the electrician first X)

saw this done on one of those home improvement programmes, with the architects, it looks lovely!

Original Poster

joesmum

saw this done on one of those home improvement programmes, with the … saw this done on one of those home improvement programmes, with the architects, it looks lovely!

Thats where the OH saw it X)

Thats what she wants. It wasn't in the corner but they had strip lighting in the middle too. Looked great, if a bit OTT in some places.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      2. Back to European satellite tv32
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      4. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78

See more discussions