Cellar Father To Appear In Court

Found 28th Apr 2008
Cellar Father To Appear In Court

Prosecutors say the Austrian man who has confessed to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering her seven children, has committed one of the country's worst-ever crimes.

Josef Fritzl has confessedAt a news conference, investigators said 73-year old Josef Fritzl had "deceived everybody" and that his treatment of his daughter was beyond the belief of the officers she spoke to.

Elisabeth Fritzl, now aged 42, had been missing since August 29, 1984.

Elisabeth told police how she was drugged and handcuffed and imprisoned.

One of the children she gave birth to - a twin - died. Police official Franz Polzer said the suspect told investigators he tossed the body into an incinerator.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

This story is just unbelivable. Makes me sick.

Original Poster

The two oldest children, aged 18 and 19, and the youngest aged five, are said to have been locked up with their mother since birth in three cramped basement rooms.
Police told reporters that these children had never seen sunlight.
They are now receiving psychiatric care.
The others lived a relatively normal life above ground with the man who is their father AND grandfather.
Authorities got access to the area, comprising a narrow hallway and several rooms, after Mr Fritzl told them how to unlock a hidden door using a code only he had known.

Full story here : news.sky.com/sky…tml

news.sky.com/sky…tml

its crazy,1 of the most worse things I've heard of on this scale.

omg that is awful. they have all lost their childhood, its horrible

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1985331

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/0,,30200-1314205,00.htmlits … http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/0,,30200-1314205,00.htmlits crazy,1 of the most worse things I've heard of on this scale.

How on earth can something like this go on undetected for more than 24 years ? !

Since the rooms were sound-proofed and, as far as we know, nobody but him knew they were there, imagine what might have happened had he died suddenly (as people in their seventies are known to do). They apparently never tried to escape as they believed his claim that he had booby-trapped the door with explosives.

Very odd story, it's quite baffling how this carried on for so long!

How can the wife claim not have known it was going on? Some of the children lived with her husband (the Father / Grandfather). Where did she think they came from? :thinking:

Original Poster

suze;1985419

How can the wife claim not have known it was going on? Some of the … How can the wife claim not have known it was going on? Some of the children lived with her husband (the Father / Grandfather). Where did she think they came from? :thinking:

Yes there has got to be a lot more to this story than they are letting on at the moment, a few things just don't add up

suze;1985419

How can the wife claim not have known it was going on? Some of the … How can the wife claim not have known it was going on? Some of the children lived with her husband (the Father / Grandfather). Where did she think they came from? :thinking:

Reminds me of Mrs Canoe Man...

duckmagicuk2;1985549

Reminds me of Mrs Canoe Man...

oh yeh from Seaton Carew way.

This makes me feel physically sick!
What kind of monster does something like this. He is not normal. Nothing could compensate for these poor children. I wonder what else is going on at the moment that we don't know about. Thank God cases like this are few and far between.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …713
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771806
    3. life1119
    4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1119

See more discussions