Census 2011 Have you recieved yours ?

Found 7th Mar 2011
Recieved my first ever census form to fill in today.Jesus wasnt aware of how much stuff they want us to answer.

Also if you dont send it back you could be fined upto £1000.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
64 Comments

Did you have to sign for it or did someone deliver it?

Original Poster

Postman posted it through today. Large A4 sized white envelope with purple banding. I mean what if it got lost in the post or something

nikkib123

Mine was just sent by royal mail normal. There is alot to fill in.

Original Poster

They reckon it will take about 10 minutes but i got to the bit where i have to write all four names in and give up.I'll leave that until i have a quiet hour!!

Original Poster

Its 32 pages thick

binned mine

got mine, haven't opened it - will try and leave it for the mrs to do as i'm too busy trolling

just let your kids fill it in (or draw on it) and send it back. then they can't fine you for not sending it back.

dontasciime

binned mine

I certainly would get it out of the bin or reply to it online - returning it is Mandatory - you have no choice
if you don't send it back or fill in online the penalties are harsh

karenhornby

I certainly would get it out of the bin or reply to it online - returning … I certainly would get it out of the bin or reply to it online - returning it is Mandatory - you have no choiceif you don't send it back or fill in online the penalties are harsh

pjcjournal.wordpress.com/201…ty/

more data mining/collection!

Oooh, you can do it online? Mine's not here yet, but then I've not seen a postman round here since January.

Sloth/Mod

nikkib123

inb4 you won't tell them where you live.

Original Poster

You can do it online but you need the personal internet access code off the form x
Edited by: "parisp" 7th Mar 2011

Banned

I used mine as fire paper, can't afford to heat my house

edit:

parisp

You can do it online but you need the code off the form off the postman … You can do it online but you need the code off the form off the postman lol x

whoops oO

Edited by: "lumoruk" 7th Mar 2011

apparently they will come knocking on your door......

SuperEd

got mine today also. Bloody goverment being nosey

Original Poster

Ok i started filling mine in.I think i did it incorrectly already.Im left handed and do my ticks backwards. (dont know if all left handers do this??) Just read it and it says it will be electronically scanned and needs to be ticked like this (normal way)

kronas

apparently they will come knocking on your door......

How am I supposed to hear that.

dontasciime

How am I supposed to hear that.

............or they will ring your door bell...........

kronas

............or they will ring your door bell...........

Phew ! they are not at my door then :

parisp

Ok i started filling mine in.I think i did it incorrectly already.Im left … Ok i started filling mine in.I think i did it incorrectly already.Im left handed and do my ticks backwards. (dont know if all left handers do this??) Just read it and it says it will be electronically scanned and needs to be ticked like this (normal way)

So the state are now dictating what way we should do our ticks.

This country...

I'm putting my religion as Jedi, I know it's a bit 2001 and whatever, but comedy answers are a must for skewing the mindless sheep data!

dontasciime

https://pjcjournal.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/census-2011-the-day-you-become-state-property/

Some interesting points made here. Change name by deed poll/ change back after census, become a freeman, ways to not fill it in but (hopefully) avoid prosecution.......
Dont like the idea of data I HAVE to provide being available to so many others. The whole idea of data security is a farce.
Have filled them out before, but if this one is as intrusive as suggested, I may think about taking a short break or similar at census time.

lol its well funny, there is still a law that on the day you fill it in, you HAVE to include your house visitors if you have any........................

parisp

Postman posted it through today. Large A4 sized white envelope with … Postman posted it through today. Large A4 sized white envelope with purple banding. I mean what if it got lost in the post or something

That's what I'm thinking

I dont see the problem with this really. Ive been helping a friend trace lost relatives and the census has been a wonderful thing.

Her mother had been given up for adoption in 1947 and we were trying to trace her birth mother. We found her details on the 1901 census. We were able to piece together more information from the 1891 and 1881 census of who her family was.

Really nice to put a picture together of who her original birth mother was and where she was from. Once we had her full name, we could use marriage records to find mentions of her later through the years into the 1950's and 80's.

Fair enough they are using the information this year for other information, but who cares really. The government already know enough about you. Anything you put down here will be already on their system

just do it on line in a library/cafe/pub/etc you'd have alot of people to include on yours.........

This year the data is being collected by a US company. Ok your data may have been used quite widely within UK circles before, but with this one your data could become international.

dontasciime

binned mine

you no longer exist lol

We didn't fill in the 2001 census at our last address. We lived there til 2004 and never heard anything about it. The old dear who lived next door to us at the time said a bloke came round one afternoon to collect them but we were out at work. Nothing else happened after that.

We now live in a block of 9 flats - everybody else's apart from ours and one other arrived today.

s2rocks247

I'm putting my religion as Jedi, I know it's a bit 2001 and whatever, but … I'm putting my religion as Jedi, I know it's a bit 2001 and whatever, but comedy answers are a must for skewing the mindless sheep data!

+1

Well it's just about as plausible as any other religion. In fact Moses parted the sea, well then there is a good chance he was a Jedi Master.

I was very disappointed to read in the paper that they classed it as 'a joke'. Yet it I had called (for example) Christianity a joke people would be up in arms.

Not received mine yet.

I wonder what you do if you cant write in English? They have guides for other languages, but if you cant read English it's very unlikely you will be able to right it? Might fill mine in in Cantonese for a laugh!

i was well excited when mine came.....so lame isnt it...felt like i was semi using my brain...dont get to use a pen and paper much being a stay at home mum!

Just thinking, but if anyone's got an issue with their data being read by government goons, they're probably best off filling the form in as accurately as possible. That way, you go direct into the database generally unnoticed, since your form will be scanned and handled by computer. Draw willies next to your name and a giant swastika on the front cover meanwhile, and your census will be manually entered by people who might well be do it just to collect personal data with which to commit ID theft, and you'll probably want to avoid that, especially as I can pretty much guarantee that any pro ID fraudster will be working on this one.

Lol @ magicbeans - I know the feeling!
I've just filled mine in online before I forget, it was easy. Had to laugh when they wanted to know if my kids had ever been married or in a same sex partnership though.

karenhornby

I certainly would get it out of the bin or reply to it online - returning … I certainly would get it out of the bin or reply to it online - returning it is Mandatory - you have no choiceif you don't send it back or fill in online the penalties are harsh

Rubbish,never filled this in last time along with many others,mine will again be going straight in bin
I have had a few letters about not registering to vote,thats it just 2 letters no action,nothing for ignoring census,

Look at this vid first before you give the scrotes your info

youtube.com/wat…sXQ

Got mine this morning, haven't opened it yet either. I can't be bothered to fill it in

They only prosecuted 38 out of 1.5 million who didn't fill it in last time around. More info:

lawfulrebellion.org/201…on/

Bully

Rubbish,never filled this in last time along with many others,mine will … Rubbish,never filled this in last time along with many others,mine will again be going straight in binI have had a few letters about not registering to vote,thats it just 2 letters no action,nothing for ignoring census,

Only 38 people were fined last time, sure there were many more than that who didn't fill it in
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ashes thread(prizes)58
    2. Gran Turismo Sport - Collector's Edition (PS4) £79.54 Delivered @ Amazon.de11
    3. Is Black Friday a big con!2231
    4. Beetlejuice Remake87

See more discussions