Center Parcs

Found 31st Jan
So, which is the best UK Center Parcs location. I’m a first timer with 3 little ones so any pointer appreciated. Discount codes are even better!!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
We priced a few up . And worked out we could go to a 4-5 star Spanish holiday all inclusive for about £50 more .
Original Poster
yozzman12347 m ago

We priced a few up . And worked out we could go to a 4-5 star Spanish …We priced a few up . And worked out we could go to a 4-5 star Spanish holiday all inclusive for about £50 more .

Thanks for that. I’m sure you’re right. We have 3 little ones and getting on a plane to a cold Spain just wasn’t grabbing us.
JoseChupachup27 m ago

Thanks for that. I’m sure you’re right. We have 3 little ones and getting o …Thanks for that. I’m sure you’re right. We have 3 little ones and getting on a plane to a cold Spain just wasn’t grabbing us.

That’s just a comparison. Cape Verde , canaries are around 70-78 now . And getting hotter by the day . We did centre Parcs a few years ago and it worked out over £700 pp for about 7 nights . You can do a 14 night Caribbean cruise for £999 pp . Suppose you are very limited with 3 children as your needing 2 rooms in most resorts and cruises . And then that would cost a fortune. Good luck
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 1st Feb
Firstly CP don't do discounts apart from returners - eg you will get a voucher for a percentage off your next visit if you book within a month of your last visit.
I think Whinfell village is the best value and we enjoyed it but it is very hilly. Longleat was looking tired in places a couple of years ago and again is hilly. Woburn is the newest and, I think, the priciest.
For best value you are probably best looking at the near continent - if driving to the Chunnel is practical for you. The CP's over in Belgium, Holland & northern France are much better value.
yozzman12344 h, 57 m ago

We priced a few up . And worked out we could go to a 4-5 star Spanish …We priced a few up . And worked out we could go to a 4-5 star Spanish holiday all inclusive for about £50 more .

Not Everyone can fly!
be better off finding something suitable via hoseasons
I’ve been All around the world love traveling! From Mexico ,Dominican,Canada to the USA and Center Parks are amazing retreat Breaks! I’ve stayed at Woburn Longleat (2) Wife has been to Sherwood so she’s been 3.I enjoyed Longleat more. My wife having been to Sherwood prefers there. Reason I didn’t like Woburn is it felt too New / man made.
It comes down to the fact that Woburn being brand new they’ve hacked away lots of woodland to create it and there are lots of new plants shrubs trees but very small baby plants. For me cycling threw Longleat was so amazing I’ve never seen such large trees and dense woodland it felt so away from the everyday rat race, so peaceful! But the wife insists Sherwood is even better but with age come more dated rooms! I’m going for 4 days in Feb and it’s cost me £125!
Ignore anybody who tells you it’s expensive - as with anything in life it’s as much as you want it to be. You don’t have to eat out every night. And with the outside Swimming pools and slides been heated to 29c all year around is a bonus we’ve been in October and spent all evening outside so peaceful. I always return having felt like I’ve been on holiday unlike going abroad when people get up on plane before landing fighting for baggage kids kicking the back of your chairs horrible experience it is!
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 1st Feb
I've been to all of them in the UK, and I liked Winfell the best, Longleat is a good a shout if you plan on visiting it during your stay. Avoid the Sherwood Forest one though at all costs.

Oh, and bring sacks of cash.
Avoid centre ripoffs try hoseasons
Centre parcs, well I went 3 times a few years back, to Longleat. We had a fantastic time and the kids loved it. However, you can't get away from the fact that it is expensive. Due to that, it is relentlessly middle class and the self entitled brat-ishness of some of the children is appalling. So, I'd still go, but I'd make darn sure it was mid-week, low season when all the schools are in.
I can second the European ones being better value than the UK ones. We found the same week at one of the Dutch ones last summer for £600 less after the ferry costs were taken into account as well.
Original Poster
Thanks all!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants