Center Parcs bikes.

Found 15th Aug 2011
Family are going to Center Parcs again this year and are debating renting bikes, something they haven't tried before. Anybody done this before as I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answer to on the Center Parcs site.

Do they supply you with bike locks and if not roughly how much is it to rent or buy one from there?

If the rented bike gets nicked are you liable in any way?

Can you return the bikes at any time, like the afternoon before you leave (rather than early on the last day)?
Community Updates
MiscBike
16 Comments
bike locks u have to buy/rent from there so get ur own before u go
bikes dont get nicked there
yes u can return them anytime

not been in a few years so might be wrong but when i was in elveden in 2009 thats how it was.

have fun!
Edited by: "magicbeans" 15th Aug 2011
Most hire bikes come with locks ?? (if not go to Pound land and get a few crap ones..)

Your other option is to hire bikes from a local company to the park. normally a lot cheap...

Or.. look at the TESCO bike offer on at the moment and get a bike carrier.
Do you think something like this would do.

Don't want to spend a fortune on locks if I don't have to so a multipack of okay ones will do me if they work.

Ungreat

Do you think something like … Do you think something like [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FMaster-1800x8mm-keyed-coiling-Colours%2Fdp%2FB0024SVHPI%2Fref%3Dsr_1_4%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1313405992%26sr%3D8-4]this[/url] would do.Don't want to spend a fortune on locks if I don't have to so a multipack of okay ones will do me if they work.

more then do the trick!seriously dont worry about people nicking ur bike there.
The last time i went the locks came with the bikes
they wouldnt give you them without it i dont think
but it is a bloody nightmare with bikes if your going to go downhill somewhere because unless you have a lot of patience uphill you either have to carry your bike up the stairs each time or you have to roll it back up the ramp which will take a good 5 minutes each time depending which location you go to
bhara

The last time i went the locks came with the bikesthey wouldnt give you … The last time i went the locks came with the bikesthey wouldnt give you them without it i dont thinkbut it is a bloody nightmare with bikes if your going to go downhill somewhere because unless you have a lot of patience uphill you either have to carry your bike up the stairs each time or you have to roll it back up the ramp which will take a good 5 minutes each time depending which location you go to

We are going to whinfell on it's outer edge and although we couldn't go everywhere with them a bike would be useful for zipping to the golf driving range and looking round the park a bit more.

We didn't really consider getting bikes (haven't used one since I was a teenager) but looking at the flying start package that gets you into the lodge a hour or so earlier it included a couple of bikes so thought why not.

One of us is bringing a 2&1/2 year old and is considering getting a bike with a seat on the back for the child. Can you get bike helmets for a child that young? I doubt he would be doing anything that could make it necessary but better to be safe than sorry.
You're going to the same one as we are in September - never been before myself.

I'm sure when I read about bike hire - it stated they all come with locks.
Ungreat

One of us is bringing a 2&1/2 year old and is considering getting a bike … One of us is bringing a 2&1/2 year old and is considering getting a bike with a seat on the back for the child. Can you get bike helmets for a child that young? I doubt he would be doing anything that could make it necessary but better to be safe than sorry.

You have to hire helmets from them.
moob

You're going to the same one as we are in September - never been before … You're going to the same one as we are in September - never been before myself.I'm sure when I read about bike hire - it stated they all come with locks.

Went for the first time last year, loved it.

It can be expensive though, we did target archery last year and it was over fifteen quid each; still fun though (and it turns out i'm freakishly good at it). Golf driving range seemed more reasonable, I think it was a couple of quid for a club then a pound for every bucket of balls. Food isn't cheap either but I suppose you could just have a BBQ one night at the lodge if money was an issue.

September is a great time to go as it wasn't full of snotty teenagers and the weather isn't bad.

Yeah, did read up that it's expensive for the 'extras' - although it appears pretty much everything is extra except the swimming pool. Out two wee ones are only 2&1/2 and 7 months - so there's a limit on what they can do.

We're also taking the outlaws with us - should help with a wee bit of baby sitting!
for the little un get the trailer thingy...those things are fab for kiddies although do take a little time getting used to for the rider
moob

Yeah, did read up that it's expensive for the 'extras' - although it … Yeah, did read up that it's expensive for the 'extras' - although it appears pretty much everything is extra except the swimming pool. Out two wee ones are only 2&1/2 and 7 months - so there's a limit on what they can do.We're also taking the outlaws with us - should help with a wee bit of baby sitting!

My niece has been booked into 'messy play' which should be fun.

centerparcs.co.uk/vil…jsp
looks like im talking to myself in this thread!

magicbeans

Sorry been away from the PC.

The trailer may be an idea as she would probably love it. Do you still need a helmet in the trailer?
magicbeans

Hey! You were the one that said you need to bring your own bike locks! X)
Ungreat

My niece has been booked into 'messy play' which should be fun. … My niece has been booked into 'messy play' which should be fun. :)http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/villages/whinfell/todo/children/whinfell_activities3.jsp

One of my colleagues said don't bother with messy play as it's not worth the money. Still, you'll know your little one best.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants