Groups

central heating instalation?

Please help, I have a boiler in my flat which only heats the hot water taps in bathroom and kitchen, where is the cheapest place to buy a new boiler with 5 radiators intalled?, there are no existing radiators there, can I get this done for under £2000, the boiler there now is old an devo needs replacing, thanks for any help

16 Comments

Check out these guys - replaced my boiler and were the most competitive northerngasheating.com/ . Or - as I see you're fitting your own kitchen ,you would certainly be up to fitting the rads and pipes yourself - just get the boiler properly fitted and connected .
    Edited by: "rogparki" 2nd Jan 2015

Contact your energy supplier - get free written quotes - then shop around (including other energy suppliers)

I think you're looking at 4k

Which part of the country are you?
    Probably no good for you but worth a look. MSE

Original Poster

Hull, eastyorkshire

Could get all your stuff from Wickes ,when they have a sale . Kitchen , Rads , pipes, boiler and thermostat . You'll get it all for £2 - £2.5 k . Add another £200 -£300 to get the boiler professionally connected and job done . If you are competent to fit a kitchen you can certainly fit the rads and pipework . You could get decent stuff for £2k ish . I trust you are after a combi boiler ,probably easier to put it where you old boiler is situated (pipework already there ) and they are very small and very efficient these days .

Just look in the local newspaper or gumtree and sites like mybuilder. Cant see why u cant get it done around the £2k mark. i would stay away from energy suppliers as they just sub contract the work to smaller firms making the mark on top. You be suprised as some will quote £5k some half the price so its worth shopping around. But a cheap boiler is not always a good investment. Research the boiler u would like as it will help with the quotes and u will know the price to.

mrcentralheating.co.uk/?gc…AJA

this place is a good place to buy the package deal. i would even ask them for a recommended installer as they will know of 100s of installers. ie if your looking for criminals ask the police.

Not sure how it works but quotes I had wee all over the place. Rads in wicks don't cost much at all.

Original Poster

Kash, thanks for the link, seems very good prices there, the package I want for under £1000, that's great, if only I could fit it lol, thanks though
    Edited by: "BLOCKER" 2nd Jan 2015

BLOCKER

Kash, thanks for the link, seems very good prices there, the package I … Kash, thanks for the link, seems very good prices there, the package I want for under £1000, that's great, if only I could fit it lol, thanks though

You cant fit the boiler ,but you can fit the rads and pipes

philphil61

Contact your energy supplier - get free written quotes - then shop around … Contact your energy supplier - get free written quotes - then shop around (including other energy suppliers)

This is the worst advice anyone can give do not,Neil say it again do not ask an energy supplier for a quote go for a local registered company.

philphil61

Contact your energy supplier - get free written quotes - then shop … Contact your energy supplier - get free written quotes - then shop around (including other energy suppliers)

get free written quotes - then shop around

Did you miss something?

philphil61

Did you miss something?

No what didn't miss that what I saw you lead with contact your energy supplier and then shop around including energy suppliers, all you will do there is get inflated prices and if you include one local fitter you will get one reasonable quote. The advice should be do not get any quotes from energy suppliers but shop around for quotes from local fitters.

Don't bother buying materials yourself, no decent installer will go anywhere near you. Ask friends and relatives for recommendations, there's no way you will get a good job done for under 2K. Avoid places like Gumtree and ebay, people advertsising on their are in a race the bottom and will cut every corner possible to keep the job 'cheap'.

Mr Central Heating used to be pretty competetive for heating packs.

themorgatron

Don't bother buying materials yourself, no decent installer will go … Don't bother buying materials yourself, no decent installer will go anywhere near you. Ask friends and relatives for recommendations, there's no way you will get a good job done for under 2K. Avoid places like Gumtree and ebay, people advertsising on their are in a race the bottom and will cut every corner possible to keep the job 'cheap'.Mr Central Heating used to be pretty competitive for heating packs.

So how do people replace boilers on an existing system then?
    what the installer doesn't know, won't hurt him!
    (they just won't guarantee the rads
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions