centre parcs...UPDATE:THERE WILL BE NO CODES THIS YEAR!

19 replies
Found 26th Aug 2009
wooo so hubby is ok about booking CP now (as tinks advised we are gonna book a lodge nearer to the centre so minimal walking required!!). when is the best time to book though...in terms of acquiring codes/deals. is it worth waiting till end of summer hols or codes few and far between.

dont wana wait too long either as wont be able to book a decently placed lodge either.

thanks!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

My gf really wants to go to CP in Jan/Feb because you can get a cabin for a few days for £200, i'm not sure if it is the best deal but her heart is set on going :P

i am off to cp in oct with family we have hired out three cabins all attached - there will be eight adults, six children and one baby can not wait just hope the weather is good :-D

Aww thats good, you will get the holiday you want

4lyons09;6122173

have you been before - apparently is very plush!

Original Poster

jeany123;6122105

There are some deals herehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/merchant/center-parcs

thanks hun. CPWEB is only code but it doesnt knock anything off!!

ARNOLD115;6122149

i am off to cp in oct with family we have hired out three cabins all … i am off to cp in oct with family we have hired out three cabins all attached - there will be eight adults, six children and one baby can not wait just hope the weather is good :-D

oo sounds fab! we are going end weekend of half term...so its cheaper (miss one day of school) only going weekend as its long enough and much cheaper than the 4 night stay.
4lyons09;6122173

i know!!!! :-D i owe TINKERBELL big time!!

ARNOLD115;6122183

have you been before - apparently is very plush!

yes once..about 4 years ago.... its realxed and chilled... hubby was saying lets do butlins but i wasnt sure its my thing!

There havent really been codes this year (we go twice a year so I have noticed the difference!) but what I did notice is that when I kept checking the dates we wanted it reduced by about £150 without a code or any mention of the price being reduced, so I would recommend you just keep checking.

We booked about 3 months before we are going and it has gone up slightly since then, but was more expensive before then.

Its always worth calling them and saying you were thinking of going but the extra cost for a central villa is putting you off and yet you require it for medical reasons, they might wave the fee (£30/£40)

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6122809

There havent really been codes this year (we go twice a year so I have … There havent really been codes this year (we go twice a year so I have noticed the difference!) but what I did notice is that when I kept checking the dates we wanted it reduced by about £150 without a code or any mention of the price being reduced, so I would recommend you just keep checking.We booked about 3 months before we are going and it has gone up slightly since then, but was more expensive before then. Its always worth calling them and saying you were thinking of going but the extra cost for a central villa is putting you off and yet you require it for medical reasons, they might wave the fee (£30/£40)

worth a shot!! thanks will do now

Just push the point that its a medical reason and mention stuff like credit crunch and recession

Good luck! Remember, the worst they can do is say no

Original Poster

tried it but she was having none of it and furthermore said no codes this year will be sent out. they removed them all at beginning of year. o well at least i know to book now i guess.

thanks KoF

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6122845

Just push the point that its a medical reason and mention stuff like … Just push the point that its a medical reason and mention stuff like credit crunch and recessionGood luck! Remember, the worst they can do is say no

:giggle: she said only if ur disabled...fair play though i guess

magicbeans;6122306

(as tinks advised we are gonna book a lodge nearer to the centre so … (as tinks advised we are gonna book a lodge nearer to the centre so minimal walking required!!)

isnt tht the opposite of the point of CP :whistling::p:lol:

Im off to Sherwood Forest CP next week for honeymoon! :w00t: Can't wait!
Have a moonlit spa booked so far...taking bikes with us too...

Anyone have any tips on things outside of CP? (Have run out of money for things to do within really!)

birdyboyuk;6123069

Im off to Sherwood Forest CP next week for honeymoon! :w00t: Can't … Im off to Sherwood Forest CP next week for honeymoon! :w00t: Can't wait!Have a moonlit spa booked so far...taking bikes with us too...Anyone have any tips on things outside of CP? (Have run out of money for things to do within really!)

TBH, we go to sherwood a lot and when we have looked in the past for things to do outside of centerparcs we couldnt really find anything for sherwood

magicbeans;6122881

tried it but she was having none of it and furthermore said no codes this … tried it but she was having none of it and furthermore said no codes this year will be sent out. they removed them all at beginning of year. o well at least i know to book now i guess.thanks KoF

I had noticed that there didnt seem to be any codes, but some people have said that there have been when I have said it before, nice to know I havent just missed them! Could be that they are a bit strapped for cash themselves, or could be that more people are staying in the uk at the moment (although doubt this one because centerparcs is as expensive as going abroad!)

kelly_o_fanatic;6123878

TBH, we go to sherwood a lot and when we have looked in the past for … TBH, we go to sherwood a lot and when we have looked in the past for things to do outside of centerparcs we couldnt really find anything for sherwood

Do you know if you can book activities when you are there? You dont have to always book beforehand do you?
Also, when booking the restaurants, they want £10 for each person...does this come off your final bill?
I've never been to CP so have no clue!

Thanks

birdyboyuk;6123937

Do you know if you can book activities when you are there? You dont have … Do you know if you can book activities when you are there? You dont have to always book beforehand do you?Also, when booking the restaurants, they want £10 for each person...does this come off your final bill?I've never been to CP so have no clue! Thanks

Yes you can book activities and restaurants while you are there providing there are still places available

Not all restaurants charge to book ahead, both those that do take it off your bill at the end. Should be automatic, but best to remind them and take receipt with you to give to them

I have been going to centerparcs for about 13 years now, and most of that has been sherwood, so feel free to PM me with any questions you have and I will do my best to answer

Original Poster

micoo;6122955

isnt tht the opposite of the point of CP :whistling::p:lol:

haha....yeah i know but im preggers and have a weak pelvis so cant walk too much!
birdyboyuk;6123069

Im off to Sherwood Forest CP next week for honeymoon! :w00t: Can't … Im off to Sherwood Forest CP next week for honeymoon! :w00t: Can't wait!Have a moonlit spa booked so far...taking bikes with us too...Anyone have any tips on things outside of CP? (Have run out of money for things to do within really!)

haha..... i think if its ur honeymoon u wont really need to book too many 'other' activities. i been once and i found its such a lovely relaxed atmosphere u can just chill in the lodge or walk/cycle around and thats loadsa fun in itself!

kelly_o_fanatic;6123878

TBH, I had noticed that there didnt seem to be any codes, but some people … TBH, I had noticed that there didnt seem to be any codes, but some people have said that there have been when I have said it before, nice to know I havent just missed them! Could be that they are a bit strapped for cash themselves, or could be that more people are staying in the uk at the moment (although doubt this one because centerparcs is as expensive as going abroad!)

very true!

birdyboyuk;6123937

Do you know if you can book activities when you are there? You dont have … Do you know if you can book activities when you are there? You dont have to always book beforehand do you?Also, when booking the restaurants, they want £10 for each person...does this come off your final bill?I've never been to CP so have no clue! Thanks

its advisable to book before esp for the spa but u have that sorted so u should be ok!

yeah there was something in the CP life brouchure thingy saying there would be no more codes. The idea now is the earlier you book the cheeper it is. Although Even I've seen this is not always the case :lol:

i am looking to boook for 17 of us (1 is a baby) so booking 2 x 4 bedroom lodges - we looked about 3 weeks ago and it was £ 499 per cabin - looked 2 weeks ago every day since and it is now £ 579 per cabin so i am just going to keep looking until they redue them again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769502
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions