Cereal for dinner?!

Found 22nd Dec 2017
So the toddler has been a pain at dinner time and wasting my cooking efforts. We've been trialling reversing all his meals so dinner items become breakfast and breakfast items become dinner. So far it's working a treat but is it weird to have cereal for dinner?!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Just a premature student.
22 Comments

Is it no more weird too have dinner for breakfast? However what ever works best for them go with it ! Maybe there going too be a shift worker?? Lol merry Christmas

When mine complain they are hungry inbetween meals, they eat cereal. Just because we are told it should be eaten at breakfast doesn't mean it's not socially acceptable to eat it at other times well done for finding something that works for your little one, some never find anything and they live on chicken nuggets... I know of 1

I love cereal for tea,

I used to love cereal and a slice of toast for dinner as a kid 👌

Predikuesi32 m ago

When i was a student i would have a few beers for dinner

For the last few days I have been having weetabix as my evening meal.

not weird but maybe unhealthy if the cereal is loaded with sugar.

Japanese have steamed rice and soup for breakfast.
Austrians have cheese and ham for breakfast
A full English breakfast is a long way from cereal.
Edited by: "davewave" 22nd Dec 2017

I'm 37 and I still enjoy a bowl of cereal for my dinner at least once a week, there is something quite satisfying/comforting about it.

I don't know if there are any sciency reasons not to do t, however surely if your toddler is getting all of the essential nutrients and food types across the day/week, the order in which they happen shouldn't be a problem

For some easier to sleep after lighter meal, and heavier one processed over the day so
If it works, it works

It's actually a weight lose diet plan technique too

todaysdietitian.com/new…tml
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 22nd Dec 2017

Original Poster

I've heard the saying
Eat like a king in the morning
Like a prince at lunch
Like a pauper at dinner.

Other day he had spaghetti bolognaise for brekky and pudding was a bowl of banana custard!:'D

Hats off to you cooking a ‘dinner’ for breakfast. It’s probably just a phase. Just make he’s not testing you as it could escalate and you’ll find you’re fast becoming his servant bowing to his every whim rather than his mum who should be in charge.
Don’t listen to any mums at the playgroup on the matter, I’m pretty sure that despite what they say all their little ones have their own quirky ways.
As long as he’s eating well then crack on.

I've twins and had the same issue with picky eating and the stress that it brings, in the end we thought its best to eat something rather than nothing so it will get better as it did for me good luck

I curious how you discovered cooking a spag bol for breakfast would get your toddler to eat in the first place.

I had risotto for breakfast a few days ago

Food is food, not really sure why some people see one thing as a breakfast item.but not others, it's really odd.

You can have haddock or ham and eggs for breakfast but you can't have weetabix or porridge for tea, it makes no sense

A full english for breakfast but a bowl of cornflakes for tea, oh no, that just won't do.
Edited by: "eset12345" 22nd Dec 2017

My brother is in his 50s he's lived off cereal all his life, what i don't get is the fact he eats it dry always has

Original Poster

MSK.2 h, 51 m ago

I curious how you discovered cooking a spag bol for breakfast would get …I curious how you discovered cooking a spag bol for breakfast would get your toddler to eat in the first place.

He's always really hungry in the morning and would complain he couldn't wolf his cereal quick enough. Figured his hunger would in theory extend to any food so gave it a try. Loves his cereal so it makes my life easier at night trying feed him before he gets to mardy for night sleep

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro57 m ago

My brother is in his 50s he's lived off cereal all his life, what i don't …My brother is in his 50s he's lived off cereal all his life, what i don't get is the fact he eats it dry always has

I can't cope with one let alone two tag team!
Segata-Sanshiro57 m ago

My brother is in his 50s he's lived off cereal all his life, what i don't …My brother is in his 50s he's lived off cereal all his life, what i don't get is the fact he eats it dry always has

Don't the odd snack of Cheerios or curiously cinnamon dry but not a whole bowl

Eat what you want, when you want. It's all just food at the end of the day!

love cereal for supper!

you need to consult supernanny
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants