Cervical Screening Ladies get your test done, fella’s remind your wives & girlfriends to go

Expert (Beta)23
Posted 17th Jun 2020
Cervical Screening Awareness Week is here

15-21 June 2020

Coronavirus has changed lots of things, but Cervical Screening Awareness Week isn’t one of them.

If you are due cervical screening or have had a test cancelled, you might be wondering what is going on. Whether it’s your first or your last test, this week we’re going to help you understand changes to cervical screening as a result of coronavirus, including what to expect if you go.

jostrust.org.uk/get…eek
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
41120859-OK6MH.jpg
Cervical cancer is the most common form of cancer in women under 35 with two women in the UK per day dying from the disease. Regular cervical screening appointments can prevent up to 75% of instances of cervical cancer, saving 5000 lives per year. Despite this, many women are reluctant to have this test done with a quarter of women not responding to their screening invitation. Cervical Screening Awareness Week is organised by the charity Jo’s trust, a charity dedicated to women affected by cervical cancer or abnormalities.
Cbear8117/06/2020 09:46

doesn’t bother me! Some women it does.

Yeah its quite alarming the number of women who not only don’t like to go but don’t actually go for screening at all.

Hopefully this awarenessweek will help increase numbers who go for screening
myusernamehasgone23417/06/2020 09:52

Yeah its quite alarming the number of women who not only don’t like to go b …Yeah its quite alarming the number of women who not only don’t like to go but don’t actually go for screening at all. Hopefully this awarenessweek will help increase numbers who go for screening

Yeah I agree. I go even slightest lump I find on my body etc because you never no
Cbear8117/06/2020 09:53

Yeah I agree. I go even slightest lump I find on my body etc because you …Yeah I agree. I go even slightest lump I find on my body etc because you never no

Always best to check.
Found this video from last years campaign where Zoella filmed her appointment.

Shouldn’t be too different now.

m.youtube.com/wat…6xY
This is so important! Thanks for posting
Edited by: "bdezz" 17th Jun
My wife would not be here today if she never went for a test back in 1996, the surgeon said it had spread so much they needed to take all her woman bits out, 24 years later she's still in excellent health but obviously no children since then
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 17th Jun
PaulandPam17/06/2020 17:03

My wife would not be here today if she never went for a test back in 1996, …My wife would not be here today if she never went for a test back in 1996, the surgeon said it had spread so much they needed to take all her woman bits out, 24 years later she's still in excellent health but obviously no children since then

So glad to here yourwife is still in excellent health.

Screening is so important and does save lives.
bdezz17/06/2020 16:17

This is so important! Thanks for posting

Thanks I do hope this gets seen by plenty of people and people share the information and get screened.

I have been seen different posts on social media this week.

I work in oncology and know screening really can save lives.
myusernamehasgone23417/06/2020 18:06

Thanks I do hope this gets seen by plenty of people and people share the …Thanks I do hope this gets seen by plenty of people and people share the information and get screened. I have been seen different posts on social media this week. I work in oncology and know screening really can save lives.

Thank you for all your help

I hope this message gets seen and passed on
Think it’s important to do this and check you’re boobs too ladies! I had scare few weeks ago but all was good 🌻
Edited by: "Cbear81" 17th Jun
Cbear8117/06/2020 18:58

Think it’s important to do this and check you’re boobs too ladies! I had sc …Think it’s important to do this and check you’re boobs too ladies! I had scare few weeks ago but all was good 🌻

Definitely agree, need to check boobs as well. I’m glad to hear that the scare was nothing
bdezz17/06/2020 19:07

Definitely agree, need to check boobs as well. I’m glad to hear that the s …Definitely agree, need to check boobs as well. I’m glad to hear that the scare was nothing

Thank you , Yeah me too.. anyone who knows me I like to keep things to myself sometimes .. but for this is an exception.
Cbear8117/06/2020 19:09

Thank you , Yeah me too.. anyone who knows me I like to keep things to …Thank you , Yeah me too.. anyone who knows me I like to keep things to myself sometimes .. but for this is an exception.

That’s understandable but I’m glad there is more conversation about it and people are becoming more aware
You can learn things about yourself you didn't know - I have a cervix that leans to the left (iirc), turns out my mum's does too (she told me when I mentioned it!).

I have a few stories about smears I've had but TMI for here. But a moment's discomfort (and that's all it is really) is always worth it.
louiselouise17/06/2020 19:22

You can learn things about yourself you didn't know - I have a cervix that …You can learn things about yourself you didn't know - I have a cervix that leans to the left (iirc), turns out my mum's does too (she told me when I mentioned it!).I have a few stories about smears I've had but TMI for here. But a moment's discomfort (and that's all it is really) is always worth it.

Mines like that too
Cbear8117/06/2020 19:29

Mines like that too

Wonky Womb Club, at your cervix
louiselouise17/06/2020 19:34

Wonky Womb Club, at your cervix

Lol haha good discussion for a Wednesday night
My wife and my mum both have had abnormal cells and both had to have comb biopsies. Could have led to cervical cancer etc so it's a life saver.
Post a comment
@
    Text